The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Went to Boro yesterday. I'm 3 defeats from 3 visits to the Riverside. Fucking hole!

Thought it was a cracking game first half but the second half was devoid of quality until Barry Robson's superb winner. Make an effort to see it on the Beeb website tomorrow. Thought we shaded the game so it was harsh on us to lose, we didn't do enough to win. We might have if the ref had given us a penalty and sent Bates off when he clipped Fryatt when he was through on goal. Bottled it.

I don't want to be too harsh on Mogga but it's hardly free-flowing stuff from them. A lot of packing them deep, stopping any semblance of inside play with the sweeper and then nicking one on the counter.

West Ham get no luck however. Two certain handballs for a penalty not given, can't put the second goal away and then are cruelly punished by the player who committed the first handball. Everything's going for Southampton, nothing's going for us.

There are pretty substantial rumours that The Football League Show will not be coming back next year.

Yeah, I've been hearing that. Marcotti was asking how much it would save if they got rid of the "pundits" on MOTD and promoted the Football League crew to do both?

I don't think the format of the Football League Show works due the amount of games they have to cover - You don't need the big studio production and to do it live like they do as people just want the highlights really. I'd prefer basic regionalised versions sticking to local teams at some point over the weekend. Seems more appealing than having to stay up till ten to 1 to see 9 seconds of a League 2 game.

• Paid Members
I don't think the format of the Football League Show works due the amount of games they have to cover - You don't need the big studio production and to do it live like they do as people just want the highlights really. I'd prefer basic regionalised versions sticking to local teams at some point over the weekend. Seems more appealing than having to stay up till ten to 1 to see 9 seconds of a League 2 game.

An equal share between the divisions works just fine, just not with the insipid Claridge, Bhasin and her-in-the-computer-room triumvirate at the helm. Stick it on Beeb 2 and simulcast with MOTD or stick it on just before and it would do much better.

I dunno why they didnt just show it sunday morning. Worked on ITV.

The inherent need to stay up to stupid o clock to see about 3 secs of highlights if you arent one of the Beeb's favoured teams is ridiculous, where as the following day they could have a better show.

I wish the football league show was more like the Super League Show tbh, but thats just me

• Awards Moderator
I dunno why they didnt just show it sunday morning. Worked on ITV.

The inherent need to stay up to stupid o clock to see about 3 secs of highlights if you arent one of the Beeb's favoured teams is ridiculous, where as the following day they could have a better show.

I wish the football league show was more like the Super League Show tbh, but thats just me

If only it was possible to record the show and watch the bits you want very easily, when you want, the world would be a better place.

I support a Championship team but couldn't give a fuck if they scrapped the BBC show. I can see my team's goals when I want via the Internet and don't need to x32 Steve Claridge talking shit to do so. The sentiment of having a dedicated show is nice but to pick up on Pat's point, there's simply too much football to cram in to one show to make it viable. I'd be happier if you could red button a highlights show and just find your team's game to watch, even if it is only for limited coverage. The current format just comes across like they give the show whatever is left over from the MOTD end of year budget.

Archived