The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

2 Points clear now, thanks to Boro's 3rd consecutive 0-0 draw, cant be the most exciting team, however October is going to be a very hard month, as the next 4 games are West Ham, Boro, Derby and Reading, so the table might look a bit different at the end of October! Have put a bet on Saints scoring 100 league goals this season, we've got 25 after 10 games

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Thought we were excellent today. Game was scrappy for the first 20 but we took control and were by far the better team. Lot's of industry, imagination and great movement. After Cardiff equalised, undeservedly, through a superb goal from the young lad Ralls, they had the next 5 or 10 minutes but we wrestled the game back and found the winner we deserved.One remarkable incident at 1-1. Ball rebounds to a Cardiff player in the box, way offside. No flag goes up and he's brought down for a penalty. The ref awards it, the crowd are going mental and Liam Rosenior is pleading with the linesman. Eventually the ref trots over and has a word. I'm convinced that the linesman is grassing up Rosenior and he's going to walk. Instead, the linesman points out the offside, I'm assuming he thought the ball came off a Hull player, and the Ref changes his mind and awards the free-kick. Utterly bizarre but completely correct.Ref was otherwise pants though. At one point he blew for a free-kick to Cardiff on the edge of their box even though they were in our box at the time. Worst failure to play advantage I think I've ever seen. He also appeared to miss Hudson clotheslining Waghorn off the ball but then gave Hudson a telling off at the next interval. Either he didn't see it or he did and it's a free-kick and a booking at worst. Muppet.Anyway, Brighton away next. Come on you 'Ull.

Well that was fantastic a 5-0 spanking by Blackpoool at their gaff. As always, when the chips are down, we will go and get hammered at Bloomfield Road. Recall us needing a draw to get in the playoffs in league one one season and then getting spanked by them 5-1 so its not like we havent folded like a pack of cards before.I suspect that at bottom of the league, that's the end of the road for Millen. As for as to who to take over? Billy Davies thanks

• Paid Members

Well that was fantastic a 5-0 spanking by Blackpoool at their gaff. As always, when the chips are down, we will go and get hammered at Bloomfield Road. Recall us needing a draw to get in the playoffs in league one one season and then getting spanked by them 5-1 so its not like we havent folded like a pack of cards before.I suspect that at bottom of the league, that's the end of the road for Millen. As for as to who to take over? Billy Davies thanks

I was listening to the game on my phone heading into a cinema to watch the new Planet of the Apes film, and I pondered 'should I listen to the last few minutes before it starts?" before turning it off. I made the right call.

I think there is way more than meets the eye to McClaren's depature.What with the Chairmen/Owner stepping down from the chair at the end of the season and David Pleat being relieved of his duties as well. I would suggest that their is something of a power struggle going on behind the scenes and McClaren simply had had enough its noted that the clubs refusal to sign players on loan seems to be the reason for departure as his position had become untenable as opposed to results on the pitch.That Billy Davies had largely the same struggles with the board, suggests unless there are major changes behind the scenes, the next bloke in will be in trouble as well

Keith Millen gone from Bristol City BBC

Damn you Kropotkin, was just about to come and post this, but have been catching up with what has happenedLooks like manager's are being shed like confetti in the champs. Thats 3 gone in a few weeks.Prospective managers will have plenty of choice.Lets hope we dont fuck up the appointment of the next one

I only knew Saturday's half-time scores until an hour ago. One-nil down didn't seem too bad. Conceding loads near the end again make it seem like the players were making sure Millen went, or he was trying to get himself sacked. Either way it was inevitable really. Best part of a fortnight to find a replacement now.EDIT: What's up with the topic description Pat? Why mention the Gas scum at a time like this?!

I only knew Saturday's half-time scores until an hour ago. One-nil down didn't seem too bad. Conceding loads near the end again make it seem like the players were making sure Millen went, or he was trying to get himself sacked. Either way it was inevitable really. Best part of a fortnight to find a replacement now.EDIT: What's up with the topic description Pat? Why mention the Gas scum at a time like this?!

Wasnt me, I put Millen leaves City, some one is on the wind up

EDIT: What's up with the topic description Pat? Why mention the Gas scum at a time like this?!

Wasnt me, I put Millen leaves City, some one is on the wind up
Hmm, any guesses who? :sneaky:

Hmm, any guesses who? :sneaky:

Pm'd dude.

Ive been reading our forum's on and off since the announcement and come to the conclusion that Bristol has gone into a bit of a meltdown over this. We had similar threads after Gary Johnson went, and to be frank Ive never seen anything like it with any other club in terms of the amount of ass kissing about a sacked boss(es), ever.

A Eulogy to Millen

It's not just me, who thinks the whole thing like that is a bit mental is it. Its not like he has died or something. He's been sacked for being a rubbish manager. Instead of all the scorn and relief that teams get when a manager goes, we get some heartfelt tributes like he has just earnt praise for winning the best actor oscar or won the Nobel Peace Prize or something.

For comparison there is a Nottingham Forest equivalent, but its far more direct and the better for it more concerned about Mcclaren's kids safety in the event of a riot or something than eulogising the bloke

McClaren's leaving thread

As for new managers for both Karl Robinson, Paul Tisdale, Derek McInnes seem to be the name's of the moment. Cant say Id be impressed for a number of reasons in any of them to be frank.

Some rumours on twitter and a few forums suggests that Doncaster Rovers are close to signing Lassana Diarra as announced by Radio Sheffield

Though it was fun as seeing as Spurs were after him in the summer

Forum Link

Having said that they have just splashed on Chimbonda and Illunga

Archived