Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ron questions:

1) Did you shoot at Snake? It reads like you did but i'd like absolute clarification on your target.

2) What reasons did you have for your target?

3) Why did you feel it more useful to shoot your target, who we can't confirm is scum as opposed to Bristep, who if i read back i'm sure i'll find you do not trust all that much, his claim of bulletproof included. You had a chance there to verify his claim or to kill scum it was 50/50 at worst.

• Paid Members
So currently Mr B. Im in agreement with you that I think Ron is more likely Scum than Vig as evidenced by my FOS. So as he's now gone on a wishy washy V/LA for a not known amount of days people aren't going to vote on him becuase he's not here to defend himself?

Bit harsh there Snake. It is the end of the Academic year after all.

The case on Ron is an interesting one, especially now that we know that there are two scum groups. It did occur to me, during the first night phase, that Ron could easily be scum or a Serial Killer using their kill to confirm himself. When he took credit for killing Kenny, I figured he couldn't be scum, but obviously that isn't the necessarily the case.

That said, my suspicions of Snake from the last phase still stand. The interaction between him and Kenny in the first phase just seem too over the top to be genuine. Especially when you consider both also managed to subtly defend the other.

I only unvoted last phase because we were heading towards a no lynch and I'm not comfortable pushing a lynch on someone who isn't around to defend themselves. He's back now though so....

VOTE SNAKE PLISSKEN

Incidentally, I cancelled my Virgin broadband on Saturday morning and I've got another ten days to wait until my Sky is hooked up. I won't have to replace out or anything but since I'm having to use a 3 Pay As You Go Dongle (which keeps cutting out) in the meantime, I might not be around quite as much as usual.

• Paid Members

2 scum groups and one vig, sporadic killings that don't seem to be following any sort of day/night pattern at all.

Something just doesn't add up, I can not believe that there would be 2 scum (please note I initially typed 'cum' there, but on my re-read sorted it out, imagine it though, a cum group, titter hee hee) groups AND a vig.

For me something just didn't sit right with Ron from the very start, and the fact he hit a scum Kenny was the only thing that got him through the last day phase. The revelation of Dazz being from a second scum group means Ron must surely (unless he's been leading us a merry yet innocent chase) be scum.

With that in mind I can confidently put this vote down, even as early as now

VOTE: RON SIMMONS

***NOTE***

Folks, do NOT forget that the last time Ron got to L-1 the vote count was reset, this may very well happen again

I don't have a major issue with this being a quick day phase (and as Teedy pointed out, there's a potential reset out there and maybe 2 if a day kill occurs). If we're right, and I think we are, then that should be 1 scum team done and dusted.

Vote Ron Simmons

That's L-2.

With that in mind I can confidently put this vote down, even as early as now

VOTE: RON SIMMONS

***NOTE***

Folks, do NOT forget that the last time Ron got to L-1 the vote count was reset, this may very well happen again

None of this means we should rush to lynch though, we've still got at least one other scum completely unaccounted for after all.

For the people who suspect I'm scum leader - why would I have chased Dazz if that was the case when I'm ALREADY going to be in the firing line from the Triad scum after claiming town vig? That wouldn've left my team down two members, and given there's two teams and 12 players I suspect that means we've two two man teams.

Firstly, Ron didn't chase Dazz. Ron voted for him when there was no wagon on him, and then didn't post again until after hammer. A post which by the way just screamed of scum.

"We've either lynched naive scum or ultra-naive, half-hearted town. Time will tell. " = HAY GUYS I TOTALLY DON'T KNOW DAZZ'S ALIGNMENT!

So he didn't chase him, and if he is Dazz's teammate there was no way he could come off that wagon without looking completely guilty.

If he isn't his teammate, and he is in fact Kenny's then he knew Dazz's death would benefit him as it's either a mislynch or it levels the scum teams.

He has also given his reason for trying to shoot at Snake other than "Oh he wasn't here yesterday and we had no day kill" which is terrible logic.

That said, my suspicions of Snake from the last phase still stand. The interaction between him and Kenny in the first phase just seem too over the top to be genuine. Especially when you consider both also managed to subtly defend the other.

So what are your thoughts on Ron for todays lynch? Do you support that action or think we're going down the wrong path?

Also, if Ron were to flip as Kenny's team mate, would that help remove the suspicion you have on Snake?

• Paid Members

So what are your thoughts on Ron for todays lynch? Do you support that action or think we're going down the wrong path?

Also, if Ron were to flip as Kenny's team mate, would that help remove the suspicion you have on Snake?

1. I don't really have a problem lynching Ron. He reacted badly to suspicion in the first phase and the vote reset and his weak reasoning for trying to shoot at Snake are also against him. That isn't even getting into the fact he's the only one who has been able to night kill.

That said, I don't really like how quickly the wagon has grown, especially since every vote has come AFTER he posted that he'd be LA. It's a win win lynch for at least one scum team (since you are either eliminating other scum or a town vig). Regardless of how he flips, I think it's something we should look at in the next phase.

2. It would remove my suspicion that he's a Triad, yes, even if we were talking three scum to a team, it'd be daft to think that Snake would bus his only remaining ally so quickly into a phase, especially since it wouldn't confirm him town and might even make him look like a Tong.

I don't have a major issue with this being a quick day phase (and as Teedy pointed out, there's a potential reset out there and maybe 2 if a day kill occurs). If we're right, and I think we are, then that should be 1 scum team done and dusted.

Vote Ron Simmons

That's L-2.

How quick are you suggesting? Do you not think we have information to be gained as we are currently, even if Ron does flip scum? I don't see how not using the day can be a good thing, of course we want to avoid the vote reset issue and ofc a no lynch, but we've a week.

Vote Ron Simmons

That's L-2.

How quick are you suggesting? Do you not think we have information to be gained as we are currently, even if Ron does flip scum? I don't see how not using the day can be a good thing, of course we want to avoid the vote reset issue and ofc a no lynch, but we've a week.

If I had the alan partridge gif I'd use it.

What information are we going to gain again that is crucial to know this day phase and can't be gained on the next day phase? We're just going to sit around in a circle firing off questions to one and another while Ron chips in and calls us all idiots for daring to think he might be scum for a week. The sooner we lynch Ron, the sooner his flip either confirms our suspicion or throws up a new set of information, whatever night actions we have left (if any) get resolved and we have more concrete info to go on (assuming there's a NK this time) that isn't just speculation. Meanwhile the scum get less time to sit and try and come up with new ways to distract the town and wifom things up.

I've never been an advocate of the "We must always wait and leave the lynch to late in the phase" theory. If we think he's scum, then he's scum. The only times quicklynches should be avoided are Day 1 and LYLO/MYLO.

I'm not saying we need to lynch him today (Monday today, not day phase today), but we shouldn't be dragging it out. Plus we might avoid a day kill again which would be awesome sauce.

• Paid Members

********DRUMROLL********

I AM SCUM, REPEAT, I AM SCUM!

I am leader of the triad group that Kenny was part of.

It was our group that killed Browniebeth, no reason other than we felt it would actually make for a cracking start to the game and get things off to a flyer, I think that worked.

The way our kill attempts work are as such, we can kill in either the day or night, but our kills have to be separated by a whole day phase. Our kill was logged a good few hours ago, but nothing has happened yet. Our first kill was slightly sodded up too.

With these details in mind, I truly believe Ron to be scum, along with ChrisB.

Lynch me all you want, I don't really care, I have put in a kill on someone today already so that should still go ahead, sorry Chris Stone, unless of course there's a Doc to save you.

We are a team of three, I believe the third member will out themselves too tomorrow morning, of not when they see this.

As I say, lynch away, however if you want someone with a killing ability on Town's side, keep me alive and I'll try to slot some folks for you, don't care, the modding has been so slack, our kills have been ruined for our full actions to go ahead, hence this.

Love yas

xx

• Paid Members
^_^ well this one went south :p

It's no worries Teedy, it means i keep my record of never being lynched at least :D

Why do i feel the QT's might be fun to read in this one?

Ours is dull, hardly worth a read

Archived