Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

I have been stuck at work with very little spare time for the last couple of days.

I am knackered, so having an early night, but need to make sure we get someone lynched tonight as we need some fresh results to work with as we appear to be going nowhere fast.

I have a feeling that Dazz might be our wrong choice but I have no other Orion due to the lack of discussion and where votes have gone during this day.

Need to also get my vote in before anyone gets chance to wipe votes again.

Vote: Dazz

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

We've either lynched naive scum or ultra-naive, half-hearted town. Time will tell.

And Carbomb - I reckon the slow progress with votes is due to the lynch deadlines. Realistically, who's gone be up at 3am to hammer someone? Even midnight, well, a lot of people are gonna be in bed or out...could you maybe make the times more traditional?

• Paid Members

That's a lynch. Currently accessing from my phone, so will provide details later. No more discussion following this post, please.

• Paid Members
We've either lynched naive scum or ultra-naive, half-hearted town. Time will tell.

And Carbomb - I reckon the slow progress with votes is due to the lynch deadlines. Realistically, who's gone be up at 3am to hammer someone? Even midnight, well, a lot of people are gonna be in bed or out...could you maybe make the times more traditional?

Strictly speaking Ron. "traditional" is an exact length of time from the previous day phase beginning. (which in turn is a direct response from the previous day phase ending). It's non-traditional to play about with them and change the deadline to more or less than the actual given amount of time in the rules.

Only reason people are noticing the difference here is Carbomb's around later at night than others. This time round deadline will likely be closer to 8pm.

- From your friendly co-mod.

• Paid Members

That's alright, Mike, I understand the situation - it's necessary. Unfortunately, I'm still having to access from my phone, but half the weekend's gone, so this needs to be dealt with properly.

As the sun goes down, the denizens of Chinatown, adamant they've found the right man, tie and crucify him on the great gates. As the last breath of life leaves him, we are reminded that, in the words of Confucius, "man hideth not". No secrets may remain hidden in Chinatown. So, we see, from his papers and personal effects:

Dazz - Tong Scum Goon

With 10 remaining, it takes 6 to lynch. Next Day Phase begins Monday, 8:00am.

• Paid Members

I'm going to bed now, so may not be up for the specified time. Resultingly, I've decided to start Day 3 six hours early.

As the sun rises over Chinatown, people emerge from their houses, rubbing their eyes. The night seems to have gone by peacefully, and whilst there is evidence of a small struggle, there does not appear to be anyone dead.

Odd though it may seem, the silence is a little disturbing to the residents; could it be the calm before the storm? There are still clearly some problems to be solved.

Day Phase begins now. With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Night Phase will commence Friday, 23:59.

• Paid Members

If you ask me, and I better say what you all now thinking, is that Ron isn't a Vig, but on the other scum team?

FOS Ron

And Ron, you are not getting long, I'm laying a vote down unless I'm given reason not too. We cannot take the chance, of having kills coming from more than one place. Because I don't think that in a 13 player game you could have two scum teams and a Vig/serial killer. DIGIT?

OooOOOooooOOOHhHhhhHHHH YYeeaaaAAHhhhhHH!!!!!!!!

I will be honest and say that a good part of me believes that Ron and Bristep are working together.

It is quite easy for Bristep to claim bulletproof when his scum mate has a night kill.

I am not convinced enough, or have any evidence to back this up, but it does worry me.

SMS : If Ron and myself were working together, then that would require 2 scum teams of 3 players each (since there likely wouldn't be uneven scum teams). Game start with 6 scum and 7 townies? Seems lopsided to me.

FOS SMS

And since we know there's 2 scum teams, then it boils down to 1 thing. No way we have 4 killing powers in the game so either a) There is no SK, and Ron is potentially telling the truth, or b) We do have a SK and Ron is a lying liar.

FOS Ron Simmons

Ok, so we either have 2 or 3 players left to find, depending on whether we have a SK, 1 Triad and 1 Tong or just 1 Triad and 1 Tong.

Am I wrong in thinking that the scum team can't have 3 players each?

There wouldn't just be a scum leader and doctor in one group, so there has to be more than two in the triad, hence why I keep saying I believe the Tri in Triad means three.

Four would probably unbalance the game, but not knowing the full set up, that is just my guess.

That is a bit of a quick FOS when I was just stating a feeling, with no evidence, so was not going to pursue that.

I think I am now either on to something, or you just over reacted for no apparent reason, so I am going to go back and look through yours and Rons posts and see if there could be anything there.

Archived