Hypnobirthing

ThumpSquids

So, the lovely wife is 29 weeks into our first pregnancy, and we've opted for a home-birth, utilising the hypnobirthing method.

Explanation:

HypnoBirthing is a complete birth education programme, that teaches simple but specific self hypnosis, relaxation and breathing techniques for a better birth

HypnoBirthing is much more than just self hypnosis or hypnotherapy for childbirth

With HypnoBirthing, you'll discover that severe pain does not have to be an accompaniment of labour

You'll learn how to release the fears and anxieties you may currently have about giving birth, and how to overcome previous traumatic births

HypnoBirthing lets you discover and experience the joy and magic of birth - rather than the horrific ordeal everyone else seems hell-bent on telling you about

Anyone had any experience with either home-births or hypnobirthing?

20 minutes in she'll be screaming for the epidural. Don't hold her hand, she'll break every bone in your fingers.

20 minutes in she'll be screaming for the epidural. Don't hold her hand, she'll break every bone in your fingers.

We shall hope not. She is pretty tough as a former wrestler herself. She can certainly take a beating from the outside anyway. We shall see about the inside. I'm not entirely sure that makes sense...

Well i didnt poo myself but the ripping things about right (6 stitches - some internal some external)

Hubby and i had a plan for a water birth and all that jazz - but it never happened. 2 days of contractions to get to 4cm, and the worst pain i have ever endured. A lovely midwife pointed out that you dont get a medal for doing it without drugs - so one epidural and a nap later and our 9lb 3oz bundle of joy arrived.

We had a great time before the baby arrived bonding during breathing classes and all that - but if i hadnt switched to an epidural to get some rest i would have been forced into a c-section. Which i definitely didnt want.

Plans are good, but be very flexible, and go along with whatever your other half wants on the day.

And if you plan on breastfeeding - its the best thing ever - incredibly rewarding, but it starts off incredibly sore. The tip of one of my nipples came off. Seriously. Grossest thing ever.

Congratulations!!!!

• Paid Members

After 4 days of induced labour, nearly dying and a breaking a rib without pain relief I can honestly say that unless it's your 5th baby any plans of following through with your birth plan is mostly likely to go out the window :thumbsup:

Can't remember if I ever shared what actually happened when Dyllan was born and all the fuck ups that nearly killed both me and Dyllan, but feel free to go look for it and take what you want from it in the pregnancy/children thread.

Of-course every labour is different. Some will tear, and many will have complications. We will have contingency plans, but for now, we're planning/focusing on giving birth with no pain relief. We know many others who have done the same, and many midwives who have spoken very highly about the calmness and incredible experiences had through hypnobirthing.

We'll definatey be giving breastfeeding a try, and I'm lucky to work in a children's centre where we have support groups for this.

We did hypno birthing, combined with a water birth in hospital. Worked very well, and my partner only needed gas and air, was a big cynic going in but both me, and more importantly my partner would totally reccomend it going forward...

As has been mentioned, all births are different. It seems like most of my friends have absolute horror stories with their kids whilst my daughter's birth was quite easy in comparison! If I ever have another, I'd definately look into a home birth (as long as there's plenty of gas and air to go around!) but you never know what's going to happen, plus i'd definately change my mind if baby was going to be over the 8lb mark! Good luck with everything :)

Of-course every labour is different. Some will tear, and many will have complications. We will have contingency plans, but for now, we're planning/focusing on giving birth with no pain relief. We know many others who have done the same, and many midwives who have spoken very highly about the calmness and incredible experiences had through hypnobirthing.

We'll definatey be giving breastfeeding a try, and I'm lucky to work in a children's centre where we have support groups for this.

There is a really good documentary on Hypnosis in medicine on Youtube

• Paid Members
I don't think being a former wrestler will help when her vagina rips in half and she shits everywhere.

I shouldn't laugh, but this was bloody funny.

Archived