2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's "Rangers" in the First Division according to Alex Thomson:

Rangers: the vote that never was? | Alex Thomson's View

Saturday 7 July 2012 5:06 pm

A senior Football League source has just leaked this to me. Note second section which appears to be a clear attempt to by-pass any vote and shoehorn Rangers Newco into Div 1. Incredible.

You have been warned:

Subject: SFL Special General Meeting

A senior Football League source has just leaked this to me. Note second section which appears to be a clear attempt to by-pass any vote and shoehorn Rangers Newco into Div 1. Incredible.

You have been warned:

So basically all clubs can vote but it'll be irelevant as the final decision rests with some mysterious SFL committee.

Longmuir seemed the best of a bad bunch compared to Regan and Doncaster but this just reads as if he has bent over backwards to accomodate Rangers. No doubt Jim Ballantyne will have been in his ear.

My old district Boys Brigade league was more organised than this.

They might struggle in the first division, with the squad they currently have but there is talk they will bring in the likes of Ian Black & Craig Beatie.

To be fair though most of the SPL teams want them back in for commercial reasons, at least behind the scenes they do but have to be seen on wanting Rangers punished.

Altering the legal form of a club to facilitate its entry to a league to the detriment of integrity of a competition is prohibited.
from FIFA http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederati...32_en_34078.pdf would they be able to get away with this?

You have been warned:

• Paid Members

What's the deal with ex-Celt Craig Beattie? Is he a closeted Rangers fan or something? He's been linked for about five years.

ADDED: I'll be amazed if the First Division doesn't have two promotion slots next season - just to be sure, like.

What's the deal with ex-Celt Craig Beattie? Is he a closeted Rangers fan or something? He's been linked for about five years.

I think he was a Rangers Boys Club player who Celtic signed up.

It'll be a shocker if Rangers are admitted to the SFL1, but a BBC article detailing who they'd have to play in D3 makes it clear that there are logistical reasons to do it. Sadly, that won't be the concern; it'll be all about lining the businessmen's pockets.

ADDED: I'll be amazed if the First Division doesn't have two promotion slots next season - just to be sure, like.

Not really closeted to be honest. He was at a party celebrating Rangers title win when Celtic lost it on the last day of the season on Helicopter Sunday. He also missed numerous sitters against Rangers and his performances against them were so bad, he was subbed off more than once after coming on as a sub in the first place. Add to that his celebration when he scored the penalty in the Scottish Cup Semi-Final, it's pretty obvious who he supports.

So will there be loads of crying if Rangers get into Division 1 and win it next season? Reading this thread the Celtic fans are quite reasonable, except for Kenny, but everyone else comes off as hating Rangers more than they support their own club

In what way?, It's the love for my own club that demands fairness nothing to do with hate i'm afraid, in fact I really want this to get sorted out so we can just get on with it.

Archived