2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members

Absolutely embarassing performance by Hibernian today. If Hearts stepped it up a gear after 60 minutes, it could have been 10 and I'm not joking. Terrible performance.

Agreed.Fenlon could've picked eleven people out of the crowd and got a more passionate performance.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched Airdrie United vs. Dumbarton today, and Dumbarton gave them a bit of a going over. It's a shame because Airdrie United looked good in stages, but they missed a couple of really glorious chances. Willy McLaren in particular had a belter and just booted it over the bar.

Fuck me, surely HMRC are not going to offer Rangers a CVA? I understand a CVA would be in their best interests in recouping some cash but surely making an example of Rangers would help them even more in the long run? I'm actually astounded by how fraudulently RFC have been. Utterly disgusting. The titles should be taken away from them as well.

I wholeheartedly agree. Rangers are a sick dog, they need to be put down.

EDIT: I honestly think there's no option but to strip them off every point they've earned in the last ten years. Possibly automatically relegate the club and see themselves opened up to countless law suits from every club relegated in the last ten years.

I wholeheartedly agree. Rangers are a sick dog, they need to be put down.

EDIT: I honestly think there's no option but to strip them off every point they've earned in the last ten years. Possibly automatically relegate the club and see themselves opened up to countless law suits from every club relegated in the last ten years.

And European clubs that they've knocked out.

I've said it before - HMRC shouldn't accept a CVA and they shouldn't pursue liquidation. They should negotiate a deal to let Rangers pay their bills over as long a period as it takes. If that means that no shareholder takes a dividend for the next twenty years while they pay it all off, so be it.

They should unquestionably be automatically relegated and stripped of all honours they achieved while operating the schemes. If every improperly registered player earns them a 3-0 loss, they are now the world's LEAST successful football team. 12 years without a single win! :) The question of compensating clubs that have lost out because of it is difficult. Really, their grudge would be with the governing body, not Rangers, and the governing bodies couldn't be expected to compensate clubs for the illegal actions of another party. If someone really wanted to fight it they might end up getting something, but you can't get blood out of a stone and the costs of the legal battle would probably not be worth it. Shame, really. I'd really like to see these cheating bastards get what they deserve.

Archived