12 years ago today - Owen Hart

dopper

• Paid Members
I used to tape the shows and watch them before school.

Surely you'd have to wake up at about four or five in the morning to do this.

I used to do it too. Had to fast forward about 20 minutes of mid-card but it was better than getting to school or work to have it spoiled.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I saw it on GMTV, had a GCSE exam that day. English, I think.

Yep. I used to do the same thing.

• Paid Members

Heard about it as it happened. We didn't have Sky in our house, but I was sad enough to sneak downstairs after my parents had gone to bed and sit there listening to it with the picture scrambled.

• Paid Members
Heard about it as it happened. We didn't have Sky in our house, but I was sad enough to sneak downstairs after my parents had gone to bed and sit there listening to it with the picture scrambled.

Brilliant stuff mate, that

• Paid Members

That's exactly what I used to do. I've never been so excited to be woken up at 5am in the morning by my dad telling me to come through to the living room as he was away to put on the WWF PPV.

The Mirror informed me. The newspaper that is, not a magic one.

I'd not long since left home, running my own business, two kids and was due to get married that September. I would still record the shows, but only watch them if the wife to be wasn't in.

I remember seeing the picture in the paper of the ring, with the back of Lawler's head in the foreground. When I finished my shift, I shot upstairs to put the tape on and vividly remember watching the preview video to the match, an interview with a flustered Jeff Jarrett and Debra and then JR making the announcement.

I like to think that this was the point in time that my wife realised just how much wrestling meant to me, as I don't think I've tried to not be a wrestling fan since. She's accompanied me to three out of the last four WrestleManias, and always comes to a least one show per tour with me over here.

Archived