Vince not happy with the rosters?

xear

WRESTLEZONE.COM

WrestleZone has learned that John Morrison's neck injury has sparked a major concern backstage in WWE, as a number of writers are worried about WWE Chairman Vince McMahon's post-Draft thought process.

"Some of the writers feel that Vince is all of a sudden not happy with the rosters again," a key WWE insider revealed exclusively to WrestleZone this evening, "and we've already done the draft!"

Vince is reportedly also not happy with the current babyface/heel rosters, and thinks there are several people "on the wrong side of the fence."

Our source predicts Vince will "either make wholesale changes, and then initiate a period of recovery from the confusion," or he will "take a long term approach, perhaps book out SummerSlam, and start the long process of getting the level of interest back on common ground."

Our source predicts Vince will "either make wholesale changes, and then initiate a period of recovery from the confusion," or he will "take a long term approach, perhaps book out SummerSlam, and start the long process of getting the level of interest back on common ground."

"Our sources say something drastic will happen or it won't."

Fuck the rosters, they are never adhered to anyway. It's almost time for a huge summer storyline like the Invasion or, most recently, the Nexus stuff. Let's have a big disaster happen. Or a 'US versus the rest of the world' storyline. Lets get the Raw GM revealed. Lets get Zach Ryder his own talk segment.

Anything, please, but Orton and Cena as champs...and that's it.

Fuck the rosters, they are never adhered to anyway. It's almost time for a huge summer storyline like the Invasion or, most recently, the Nexus stuff. Let's have a big disaster happen. Or a 'US versus the rest of the world' storyline. Lets get the Raw GM revealed. Lets get Zach Ryder his own talk segment.

Anything, please, but Orton and Cena as champs...and that's it.

The problem is they don't have anyone else capable of being champions, with the exception of The Miz.

Christians "run" was about five years too late, he is so old looking compared to even 3 years ago, and is not championship material in my opinion. He is far to skinny, and just doesn't have "it". Alberto del Rio is someone who hasn't quite cracked the main event scene , it will be a couple of months until he does. John Morrison is injured, and even if he wasn't, doesn't deserve a run with the title, he's fucking woeful on the mic. It's pretty obvious CM Punk is leaving, if his recent Raw showings have been anything to go by. HHH is not a full time performer so that rules him out. All in all they're pretty fucked.

I would offer Batista a massive contract to come back, stick him on Raw to feud with Cena for the title, it's been done trillions of times but at least it's something! This is the worst main event scene I can ever remember, it really is dreadful. They need to do something quickly, or just end the Brand split full stop.

I wouldnt be happy with those rosters either, dont help when you lose Edge and Jomo in the same month.

What was WWE's big story in 2009? I never watched that year, but I guess it was something around Orton/Cena, I doubt you will see a Nexus type of story again.

As usual I've become uninterested in WWE since WM, I doubt I will watch it again until RR-WM 2012, I mean what bigger story can happen over Rock/Cena? nothing really.

Maybe Vince will do another draft, I guess a big story would be Kong's rise in WWE and Jericho returning, I dont know what else you could do.

It doesnt look good at the mo for WWE's summer.

Vince only has himself to blame for this, the last few years the WWE has done hardly anything to promote new stars, even the ones they have created they have then destroyed a few months later one prime example: Nexus made to look as weak as piss (it could and should have been a red hot angle). I would personally end the brand extension as most of the time SmackDown wrestler

Just kill the fucking brand split already. When they have to make a feud between two commentators a major part of RAW for 3 months running, you know they don't really have enough to fill two shows with two separate rosters.

For once i feel i have to agree with a crazy Vince idea as i read the Raw results this morning and thought how fucked the Raw roster looks and that all that seems to be around in terms of actual main eventers at the moment seems to be Orton and Cena with maybe The Miz and Del Rio to some respects

They have enough guys on both brands that are'nt doing anything so they could fill each show, I know a Smackdown taping has a couple of Superstars matches and NXT but the SD just seems filled with adverts for 'live events' and from the vault matches (did anyone wanna see Khali vs Mark Henry again?)

Ryder, Barretta, DH, Hawkins, Kidd etc have'nt done anything for months so should be used but not just in jobber squash roles.

For example Trent Barretta could fill a Jeff Hardy type role of being a highflying daredevil type character (I know they have Cara but still) give built up videos for a few weeks then put him on TV with something to work with instead of 'already in the ring about tho be smashed by......'

On Raw Cole gets to much and to long mic/tv time and this week is no better and nobody is gettin over except maybe Swagger.

For example give Zack Ryder 5mins to do a talk show type deal, just like highlight reel etc if it doesnt get over after a while (not after a week) then try something else.

I think they are in a worse situation than the summer of 2007, which is near enough impossible. I echo the shout to end the draft extension now, then build as many new characters as they can, give them more freedom and creativity rather than the corporate friendly factory process of Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, Dolph Ziggler etc.

• Paid Members
SD just seems filled with adverts for 'live events' and from the vault matches (did anyone wanna see Khali vs Mark Henry again?)

That's to fill the gap in the UK addition once you factor in the different regulations on advert breaks between the UK and the US.

I agree with the idea to end the brand split, build it up to summerslam ideally. One of the problems with a low roster and corportate enviroment is that it demotivates people.

The Uppercard are safe and put on safe matches, promos etc as noboddy is coming for them

The Midcard will have a go at times to be elevated but get demotivated with stop start pushes and formulaic booking. Eventually you learn to shut up, enjoy being on 6-7 PPVs a year and the occasional main event of TV or multiman match. but dont try and do anything different incase it has a negative effect and you get sacked

The lower card dont get any TV time really so dont get to even try and eventually give up waiting to be released.

If you had less spots then more people would be working hard to get over. The Brand split has never created what they initally hoped in 2 rosters ala 2000 where 80% of the roster was really over. As people are over exposed with more time and longer runs at the top they have been exposed as not as good as initally thought. When I watch attitude stuff back I ofter fast forward the matches as they suck on the undercard but the entertainment value was amazing.

If you had less spots then more people would be working hard to get over.

If you had less spots, there's far less chance of upward mobility.

As people are over exposed with more time and longer runs at the top they have been exposed as not as good as initally thought.

So being on TV twice as much every week wouldn't over-expose them even more...?

There was less spots in 2000 and more people were over, they might just have to join a tagteam or something though, The big 3 tagteams were more over than the likes of Morrison, Ziggler & Swagger are nowadays and even teams like Head Cheese & APA were really over compared with the current undercard.

Archived