Whats your opinion on British Wrestling?

IANdrewDiceClay

And to say that Mark Sloan, Justin Richards and Robbie Brookside are "nobody wrestlers" is like saying in the car world nobody has heard of Porsche, Rolls royce and Aston Martin.

Are you just trying to get in their good books or do you seriously think those wrestlers are household names on par with three car brands that absolutely everyone knows? Mark Sloan I know of because he's a poster here, I've never heard of Justin Richards, and Robbie Brookside's biggest match was getting battered in a squash by Vince McMahon or Umaga or someone. They're all well-respected within the industry here, I'm sure, and I know lads like Chris Jericho and William Regal think highly of Robbie, but your list of three are by no means well known outside of the most hardcore wrestling fans and wrestlers.

Justin Richards has had a large part to play in the training of many uk guys who have gone on to bigger things. One of the most highly respected trainers in the uk today. Ask any wrestler worth their salt to recommend a wrestling school, and justins name will mnore than likely crop up.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zebra Kid's dad IS Ricky Knight.

Did you read any of what I said? I said that one of the people he has listed (HIS DAD) might agree that someone he hasnt got listed (HIS SON) might be just as capable of teaching people how to wrestle.

Saraya Knight aka Sweet Saraya IS the number 1 female wrestler in this country (Some may say that her daughter Britani Knight is but everyone has their own opinion) And to say that Mark Sloan, Justin Richards and Robbie Brookside are "nobody wrestlers" is like saying in the car world nobody has heard of Porsche, Rolls royce and Aston Martin.

Dont be daft. If a young lad decided to become a wrestle tomorrow after watching Raw and he reads about Robbie Brookside, do you think he's going to say " THEEEE Robbie Brookside!". Of course he wont. I was pointing out the flaws in his "nobody wrestlers" analogy. Not everyone knows who Mark Sloan, Robbie Brookside or Justin Richards are and dont pretend they do. But that doesnt make them any less capable as trainers. I've never seen Justin Roberts wrestle ever, but I'd trust him to train me based on what people have said. I'm talking about name value, not talent. Like when Jake Roberts was over here running a wrestling school and he was charging people 500 quid to watch SuperTape 91 with him. Thats name value for you. Or Alex Shane charging the same amount of money that Shawn Michaels charged to train wrestlers. Daniel Bryan and Brian Kendrick have both even said Michaels wasnt usually there at his own training school and allowed local nobodies to show them how its done. You dont need to be a name to train wrestlers.

but you should also have enough respect for the industry to train people properly with decent morals and values. I refer to chip fat woman ion my earlier post. An appauling example of a wrestling school.

And to say that Mark Sloan, Justin Richards and Robbie Brookside are "nobody wrestlers" is like saying in the car world nobody has heard of Porsche, Rolls royce and Aston Martin.

Are you just trying to get in their good books or do you seriously think those wrestlers are household names on par with three car brands that absolutely everyone knows? Mark Sloan I know of because he's a poster here, I've never heard of Justin Richards, and Robbie Brookside's biggest match was getting battered in a squash by Vince McMahon or Umaga or someone. They're all well-respected within the industry here, I'm sure, and I know lads like Chris Jericho and William Regal think highly of Robbie, but your list of three are by no means well known outside of the most hardcore wrestling fans and wrestlers.

No I am not trying to get into their good books :laugh: FACT is NO WRESTLER in this country is a household name, Its pretty hard to achieve that without tv. So if you don't know those three names then I guess you are not amongst the "most hardcore wrestling fans"

• Paid Members
but you should also have enough respect for the industry to train people properly with decent morals and values. I refer to chip fat woman ion my earlier post. An appauling example of a wrestling school.

I disagreed with that. What I did disagree with was the part about "nobody wrestlers" running wrestling schools. There's plenty of people with name value who just take your money and run, because its an easy payday. Wrestling isnt the most morally high business in the world. There's a chance your going to get fucked which ever means you take for your training.

No I am not trying to get into their good books :laugh: FACT is NO WRESTLER in this country is a household name, Its pretty hard to achieve that without tv. So if you don't know those three names then I guess you are not amongst the "most hardcore wrestling fans"

If you read his post, thats not what he was talking about and if you read my reply you got that wrong as well. Not all people who get into wrestling are "the most hardcore wrestling fans". I bet a lot of kids want to be the next CM Punk or the next Randy Orton or something. They arent expected to know who these British wrestlers are.

So you think its acceptable for someone who has had, say, 1 match per year for 10 years, to declare himself a " 10 year veteran" and be qualified to teach the next generation of british wrestlers? WHen said " veteran" doesnt even know the very basics of how to put a match together? Or teach safely?

• Paid Members
So you think its acceptable for someone who has had, say, 1 match per year for 10 years, to declare himself a " 10 year veteran" and be qualified to teach the next generation of british wrestlers? WHen said " veteran" doesnt even know the very basics of how to put a match together? Or teach safely?

When did I say that? I dont believe I ever said anything even close to that.

Zebra Kid's dad IS Ricky Knight.

Did you read any of what I said? I said that one of the people he has listed (HIS DAD) might agree that someone he hasnt got listed (HIS SON) might be just as capable of teaching people how to wrestle.

Saraya Knight aka Sweet Saraya IS the number 1 female wrestler in this country (Some may say that her daughter Britani Knight is but everyone has their own opinion) And to say that Mark Sloan, Justin Richards and Robbie Brookside are "nobody wrestlers" is like saying in the car world nobody has heard of Porsche, Rolls royce and Aston Martin.

Dont be daft. If a young lad decided to become a wrestle tomorrow after watching Raw and he reads about Robbie Brookside, do you think he's going to say " THEEEE Robbie Brookside!". Of course he wont. I was pointing out the flaws in his "nobody wrestlers" analogy. Not everyone knows who Mark Sloan, Robbie Brookside or Justin Richards are and dont pretend they do. But that doesnt make them any less capable as trainers. I've never seen Justin Roberts wrestle ever, but I'd trust him to train me based on what people have said. I'm talking about name value, not talent. Like when Jake Roberts was over here running a wrestling school and he was charging people 500 quid to watch SuperTape 91 with him. Thats name value for you. Or Alex Shane charging the same amount of money that Shawn Michaels charged to train wrestlers. Daniel Bryan and Brian Kendrick have both even said Michaels wasnt usually there at his own training school and allowed local nobodies to show them how its done. You dont need to be a name to train wrestlers.

I am sorry that I read your post wrong Ian-Hitmanhart, It is a bit late in the day. I just don't know of any wrestler worth his or her salt that has been trained by a "nobody". Wrestlers (and in this case I use the term very loosely) that have been trained by "nobodys" tend to be not that good most of the time.

No I am not trying to get into their good books :laugh: FACT is NO WRESTLER in this country is a household name, Its pretty hard to achieve that without tv.

Well don't make out they are household names then.

I am sorry that I read your post wrong Ian-Hitmanhart, It is a bit late in the day. I just don't know of any wrestler worth his or her salt that has been trained by a "nobody". Wrestlers (and in this case I use the term very loosely) that have been trained by "nobodys" tend to be not that good most of the time.

The wrestlers you listed are nobodies. It doesn't mean they're shit trainers, but they're no John Cena, or even Eugene or Consequences Creed, when it comes to fame.

Well you seem to be disputing everything i say....or are you just playing devils advocate for the fun of it?

I disagreed with that. What I did disagree with was the part about "nobody wrestlers" running wrestling schools. There's plenty of people with name value who just take your money and run, because its an easy payday. Wrestling isnt the most morally high business in the world. There's a chance your going to get fucked which ever means you take for your training.

If you read his post, thats not what he was talking about and if you read my reply you got that wrong as well. Not all people who get into wrestling are "the most hardcore wrestling fans". I bet a lot of kids want to be the next CM Punk or the next Randy Orton or something. They arent expected to know who these British wrestlers are.

Point. But when these kids that do want to become the nxt wwe superstar get into the business and IF they do their homework and research before they pick a training school and not just go to the local Billy school down the road then they WILL hear of those three names.

• Paid Members

Well you seem to be disputing everything i say....or are you just playing devils advocate for the fun of it?

I disputed one point in the post you made, if you actually read what I'm saying instead of spitting your dummy out like some keyboard warrior. As I kept pointing out, you need talent to train wrestlers. What you dont NEED is name value. You may need name value to promote the school and gain more students, but the actually train wrestlers to a standard, you dont need to have a name. Les Thatcher was a nobody wrestler, but he did alright didnt he?

Point. But when these kids that do want to become the nxt wwe superstar get into the business and IF they do their homework and research before they pick a training school and not just go to the local Billy school down the road then they WILL hear of those three names.

That doesnt make someone have name value though. If those kids suddenly wanted to become a wrestler, and hasnt a clue where to look and read that Stu Allen is a name on the British wrestling scene, that doesnt make his name is any bigger. That means he did his homework and found someone who could be good enough to train him.

No I am not trying to get into their good books :laugh: FACT is NO WRESTLER in this country is a household name, Its pretty hard to achieve that without tv.

Well don't make out they are household names then.

The wrestlers you listed are nobodies. It doesn't mean they're shit trainers, but they're no John Cena, or even Eugene or Consequences Creed, when it comes to fame.

I did not at any point say they were household names. You brought "household names" into the covo. I said that they are not "no name wrestlers"

I did not at any point say they were household names. You brought "household names" into the covo. I said that they are not "no name wrestlers"

You likened them to Porsche, Aston Martin and Rolls Royce. Three household names. If you're looking for the wrestling equivalent of those brands and you're sane, you do not pick Robbie Brookside, Mark Sloan and Justin Something. You'd be picking the likes of Rock, Austin, Triple H, Hogan, Michaels, Undertaker, Flair, Hart. You wouldn't be picking wrestlers that have never got anywhere near a Royal Rumble, let alone a WrestleMania. The three fellas you mentioned are no name wrestlers, regardless of how much you personally might be a fan of them or how good they are at training others.

I disputed one point in the post you made, if you actually read what I'm saying instead of spitting your dummy out like some keyboard warrior. As I kept pointing out, you need talent to train wrestlers. What you dont NEED is name value. You may need name value to promote the school and gain more students, but the actually train wrestlers to a standard, you dont need to have a name. Les Thatcher was a nobody wrestler, but he did alright didnt he?

No dummy being spat out here mate. Keyboard warrior? ANyone who knows me will tell you I am anything but. Anything i say on here, i will gladly discuss face to face.

THe point I am trying to make, without people overcomplicatating matters, is that people who have worked 10 matches in their entire careers should not be running training schools.

You likened them to Porsche, Aston Martin and Rolls Royce. Three household names. If you're looking for the wrestling equivalent of those brands and you're sane, you do not pick Robbie Brookside, Mark Sloan and Justin Something. You'd be picking the likes of Rock, Austin, Triple H, Hogan, Michaels, Undertaker, Flair, Hart. You wouldn't be picking wrestlers that have never got anywhere near a Royal Rumble, let alone a WrestleMania. The three fellas you mentioned are no name wrestlers, regardless of how much you personally might be a fan of them or how good they are at training others.

I was talking about in the uk they ARE names, Clearly I am talking to someone whos only knowledge of wrestling is from wwe.

Archived