Whats your opinion on British Wrestling?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
ANyone who knows me will tell you I am anything but. Anything i say on here, i will gladly discuss face to face.

I dont think you have the name value to get a viable reference on that one though. Who should I ask?

THe point I am trying to make, without people overcomplicatating matters, is that people who have worked 10 matches in their entire careers should not be running training schools.

Thats not what you said though. In fact you never mentioned the amount of matches that a trainer needs to have in your initial post. This quote struck me as a example of what you were saying:

Sadly, these schools and promotions exist all over the UK, by " wrestlers" who claim to have " 15 years in the business" yet no one i know has ever heard of them....

Well no one I know has ever heard of Kerry Cabrero, but I'm sure he's a fine trainer. You never mentioned the amount of matches someone had. A poster on here by the name of JakeRobertsParoleOfficer, unfortunately had heard of Jake The Snake before and attended his school. I'm sure he now wishes he didnt.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ANyone who knows me will tell you I am anything but. Anything i say on here, i will gladly discuss face to face.

I dont think you have the name value to get a viable reference on that one though. Who should I ask?

THe point I am trying to make, without people overcomplicatating matters, is that people who have worked 10 matches in their entire careers should not be running training schools.

Thats not what you said though. In fact you never mentioned the amount of matches that a trainer needs to have in your initial post. This quote struck me as a example of what you were saying:

Sadly, these schools and promotions exist all over the UK, by " wrestlers" who claim to have " 15 years in the business" yet no one i know has ever heard of them....

Well no one I know has ever heard of Kerry Cabrero, but I'm sure he's a fine trainer. You never mentioned the amount of matches someone had. A poster on here by the name of JakeRobertsParoleOfficer, unfortunately had heard of Jake The Snake before and attended his school. I'm sure he now wishes he didnt.

Ask any decent worker who has been around a while. Theyll know Kerry.

Seems you really are just being a dick for the hell of it now, had a few tonight have we?

• Paid Members

Again! I'm sure any decent worker will know Kerry. How is some young lad who wants to be a wrestler meant to know who he is? I don't give a fuck if one of his mates know how good he is. How are his potential customers meant to gauge the difference in quality between Kongo Kev and Kerry Cabrero? To some young lad who wants to get into wrestling who has only used to seeing Big Boss Man and Val Venis on telly, there is no difference. Only a touchy fucker would even see that as a criticism.

Seems you really are just being a dick for the hell of it now, had a few tonight have we?

No we havent, but it sounds like you have, since you keep going off into different points and ignoring the original thing I took exception to.

Do you follow the uk wrestling scene Ian-Hitmanahrt? I am only asking to gauge your knowledge of uk wrestling, My question is not some kind of hidden insult.

I've followed it in the past and occasionally check stuff out here and there. I know who Kerry Cabrero is from the old UWA on MyTV (he has a speech impediment if I recall) and I'm still looking forward to seeing him in a 4-way-dance at the upcoming WrestleXpress event. Thing is, I'm not having a go at the individuals he's mentioned, and have said plenty of times they are probably good trainers. But to say they are capable trainers and others who dont have as much name value on the indy UK scene is completely wrong. Alex Shane had more name value in 2002 that Mark Sloan did because he was on the radio and had a wrestling school loads of young lads wanted to join. But who would you rather have training you at the FWA school? Sloan or Shane?

Again! I'm sure any decent worker will know Kerry. How is some young lad who wants to be a wrestler meant to know who he is? I don't give a fuck if one of his mates know how good he is. How are his potential customers meant to gauge the difference in quality between Kongo Kev and Kerry Cabrero? To some young lad who wants to get into wrestling who has only used to seeing Big Boss Man and Val Venis on telly, there is no difference. Only a touchy fucker would even see that as a criticism.

No we havent, but it sounds like you have, since you keep going off into different points and ignoring the original thing I took exception to.

Do you follow the uk wrestling scene Ian-Hitmanahrt? I am only asking to gauge your knowledge of uk wrestling, My question is not some kind of hidden insult.

I've followed it in the past and occasionally check stuff out here and there. I know who Kerry Cabrero is from the old UWA on MyTV (he has a speech impediment if I recall) and I'm still looking forward to seeing him in a 4-way-dance at the upcoming WrestleXpress event. Thing is, I'm not having a go at the individuals he's mentioned, and have said plenty of times they are probably good trainers. But to say they are capable trainers and others who dont have as much name value on the indy UK scene is completely wrong. Alex Shane had more name value in 2002 that Mark Sloan did because he was on the radio and had a wrestling school loads of young lads wanted to join. But who would you rather have training you at the FWA school? Sloan or Shane?

No disrespect AT ALL to either men but I'd rather have Justin Richards train me.

• Paid Members
I was talking about in the uk they ARE names, Clearly I am talking to someone whos only knowledge of wrestling is from wwe.

Oh yeah, I vividly remember Robbie Brookside selling out Wembley Stadium. My nan had Justin thing's picture on her wall next to the queen mum.

I was talking about in the uk they ARE names, Clearly I am talking to someone whos only knowledge of wrestling is from wwe.

Oh yeah, I vividly remember Robbie Brookside selling out Wembley Stadium. My nan had Justin thing's picture on her wall next to the queen mum.

gmoney! Ahhh I remember many moons ago that was my street tag name, Though I spelt it G MON

• Paid Members

Well whatever your strange tangent meant, clearly your point that the three British wrestlers you mentioned are names in the UK is bollocks. I can possibly, at my most gullible, accept that Robbie Brookside might mean an extra 25 tickets sold at an event. The other two, as talented workers as they may be, mean fuck all to casual fans.

I was talking about in the uk they ARE names,

No they're not. People aren't going to run past The Rock to get Robbie Brookside's autograph, no matter what country you're in. Again, that isn't an insult, nor does it mean they're not good trainers. But you thinking they're big names is indicative of nothing other than your own lack of perspective.

Clearly I am talking to someone whos only knowledge of wrestling is from wwe.

Yes, that's all very well and good. But the vast majority of wrestling fans don't know any wrestling outside of WWE and maybe TNA, either.

I was talking about in the uk they ARE names,

No they're not. People aren't going to run past The Rock to get Robbie Brookside's autograph, no matter what country you're in. Again, that isn't an insult, nor does it mean they're not good trainers. But you thinking they're big names is indicative of nothing other than your own lack of perspective.

Yes, that's all very well and good. But the vast majority of wrestling fans don't know any wrestling outside of WWE and maybe TNA, either.

Im sorry. Since I was on the UKFF I thought that you would know of their names. I didn't say they were big names. I said they are not "no name wrestlers" in this country. I could real of many wrestlers that I promise you would of NEVER of heard of in this country.

Well whatever your strange tangent meant, clearly your point that the three British wrestlers you mentioned are names in the UK is bollocks. I can possibly, at my most gullible, accept that Robbie Brookside might mean an extra 25 tickets sold at an event. The other two, as talented workers as they may be, mean fuck all to casual fans.

Again. I am saying that they ARE names in the wrestling business in this country. Me being on the UKFF I thought that people on here NOT casual fans would know who they are. Was not aware that there is a couple of people on here that dont follow their own country's wrestling, Just what they see on tna or wwe.

• Paid Members

The snobbish tone of this post is one of the biggest problems with the attitude of British (and indie generally) wrestling fans. The statement is posed as if someone who only watches WWE is somehow inferior to another who seeks out any meeting of men in pants he can find out about. This faux superiority is cult mentality that I reckon is uniquely detrimental to wrestling. Wrestling is not an art form in the same way as cinema or photography. It has nothing particularly relevant to say or points to make, and it lives and dies on whether or not it can sustain itself financially. No one is ever going to go to bat for wrestling unless it is making money, so to have a group of fans that are dismissive and hostile to new fans or others because they get worked up about people encroaching on their hobby is really damaging, more so than in most other mediums.

I realise this comes from a discussion on a UK wrestling specific board, so perhaps people are more sensitive towards defending 'britwres' personalities, but it's quite illuminating to see how quickly people seem to resort to attempted knowledge one-upmanship

• Paid Members

Again. I am saying that they ARE names in the wrestling business in this country. Me being on the UKFF I thought that people on here NOT casual fans would know who they are. Was not aware that there is a couple of people on here that dont follow their own country's wrestling, Just what they see on tna or wwe.

Interesting you revert to attempted snobbery again.

Archived