WWE Double Scum Mafia *GAME OVER*

Ron Simmons

Overall MVP  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So you think that flip-flopping on votes is pro-town, bristep? We moved out of RVS aaaaaaaages ago, yet Snake insisted on spamming up the damn thread with more votes. How is that pro-town?

Are you scum buddies? You can admit it.

EBWOP. The initial vote was a policy lynch vote to counter act his Castle one to show him it's not nice. Now I've kept it on him because he's acting as anti-town as hell.

Snake is playing fast and loose, he's being something of a VI to shake up the game. I don't think it's particularly anti-town, he's looking for reactions. This is part of Snake's issue (and I mean this in the most constructive way I can) with being the hero. He needs to be the protangantist so that he can catch scum and be the game changer. Your game was an example of that, when he tried to act scummy to catch scum jumping on him. I think Snake's play has it's uses, I wouldn't ever sheep his findings but it's good to look at the reactions and draw your own conclusions.

What's the other option? Everyone sitting around playing theory discussion and politely asking questions? At least Snake is generating discussion.

But no, of course someone speaking up against you in favour of your vote must instantly be buddies. Because that's the rational town way to react to what I just said to you.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've looked back over the thread, and I still find it hard to work out who to look at. The only things I'm confident in saying are:

-Snake play just seems quite anti-town to me. And then he turned around and blamed town for his actions or at least our interpretations of his actions. (Post 205, page 14)

-Carbomb seems to have been quite quiet apart from his first post. But maybe thats me.

- Because I haven't said it earlier or anywhere else, congrats to Bristep for functional balls. But I would also like to know what constitutes an 'expert' player and why only an expert could allegde who is a good player or bad?

I've looked back over the thread, and I still find it hard to work out who to look at. The only things I'm confident in saying are:

-Snake play just seems quite anti-town to me. And then he turned around and blamed town for his actions or at least our interpretations of his actions. (Post 205, page 14)

-Carbomb seems to have been quite quiet apart from his first post. But maybe thats me.

- Because I haven't said it earlier or anywhere else, congrats to Bristep for functional balls. But I would also like to know what constitutes an 'expert' player and why only an expert could allegde who is a good player or bad?

Is that really pertinant information to the game? What I consider an expert player? Go to the mafiascum site and play a few games there and you'll meet some players on that site that can get good solid scumreads within a few posts and it really really highlights to me how little I know about the actual tactics and reads of this game. And sadly, it really shows us up as a bunch of amateurs blundering our way through games. I like that though, because we're all learning together and save for the odd temper tantrum everyone has fun (I hope).

There's no point in arguing about the policy lynches, I'm pretty sure neither Snake or Nexus were truely trying for one. I think we're pretty much all agreed they're bad play. What is more interesting though is people using this argument as a way of being 'pro-town'.

Fact is this: talking out so much against policy lynches doesn't make you seem more town, it doesn't even serve to route out scum since i'm pretty sure i haven't seen a legitimate push from any of the 'policy lynchers'. Nexus obviously doesn't like Snake's play as it is, Snake is obviously winding people up and he's getting reactions that he no doubt wants, take a look at all of the reactions, no matter how slight to him, that's going to tell you more than anything right now, certainly more than the fact Snake went for a policy on mike, or that Nexus repaid him in kind. If either had pushed harder for the said policy lynches, i'd be the first to be throwing plenty of questions their way.

Now, I don't agree with nexus's vote on Snake, whilst aggrivating i don't think snakes current play is telling of scum, I've mentioned why i think a scum might act theway he is, i just don't find it plausible. On the other side, Nexus more than a majority of the other votes actually has a reason for putting his there.

Snake obviously doesn't need to explain himself, he's getting info in some way, which is more than a lot of the inactives are doing right now. I'm glad to be seeing more people chiming in properly though. Lets not get hung up on one or two things this early in the day, look for leads, investigate them.

• Paid Members

Is he actually getting information though?

I refuse to believe it until it's laid out in front of me.

I'm sat here reading. I'm getting information without acting like a fool.

First my thoughts :

So far snakes play is too irratic for me to classify him as being pro town, his flopping of votes would work if he were leaving them long enough for each player to react to the vote, as it is he is switching them without giving the person time to react thus getting no real tell and not helping us in the slightest, so for now my vote stays until he convinces me otherwise. Now dazz I wasn't ignoring you i just dont have access to the internet during the day as I am at work so most of the time I am active mostly of an evening, as for advice ask as many questions and give as many answers as you can, and stay as active as you can as you will really help to keep the game flowing and the more it flows the easier it is for all parties to garner information.

Now my second point :

My internet connection at the moment is extremely temperamental as I am currently switching between providers, coupled with the noah shows this weekend, will mean I may not be very active until the middle of next week when Sky install my new internet connection, appologies, normally I would have dropped out in this situation but with the dropouts we have already had I will try my hardest to be as active as can be, I will be following the thread on my phone although that wont allow me to post as it is so damn old (broke my desire again doh!)

• Paid Members

And Bristep tries to analize me... I'll let you off as you are a new Dad and having being there 3 times myself I know how it can melt your brain somewhat. But you are wronger than a wrong person being wrong.

Word Life.

Unvote, Vote Dan Williams

• Paid Members
And Bristep tries to analize me

Oo-er.

Anyway, sorry I've not been around, but my situation really hasn't changed since last time: my job is making it difficult to keep up and to post, so please bear with me. It's never been my intention to lurk, it really has just been that hard.

My read on the game:

Snake playing VI is certainly helping shake things up, such as drawing Nexus out. Nexus, to be fair, seems to have responded in a manner which would suggest, at present, that he's Town, but this is only Day One, and there's still time for him to melt down, I suppose. Overall, though, I don't think these two are our immediate concern.

Most of the others I have very little of a read on, but I'm decidedly wary of Chris Stone, given his consummate ability to appear Town no matter what side he's playing. bristep (congratulations on becoming a daddy by the way) has upped himself on my radar by announcing that he's been training up on the mafiascum forums - it means he's either become a formidable scum-hunter, or an equally formidable Scum player.

• Paid Members
And Bristep tries to analize me

Oo-er.

Anyway, sorry I've not been around, but my situation really hasn't changed since last time: my job is making it difficult to keep up and to post, so please bear with me. It's never been my intention to lurk, it really has just been that hard.

My read on the game:

Snake playing VI is certainly helping shake things up, such as drawing Nexus out. Nexus, to be fair, seems to have responded in a manner which would suggest, at present, that he's Town, but this is only Day One, and there's still time for him to melt down, I suppose. Overall, though, I don't think these two are our immediate concern.

Most of the others I have very little of a read on, but I'm decidedly wary of Chris Stone, given his consummate ability to appear Town no matter what side he's playing. bristep (congratulations on becoming a daddy by the way) has upped himself on my radar by announcing that he's been training up on the mafiascum forums - it means he's either become a formidable scum-hunter, or an equally formidable Scum player.

Considering those two bolded comments...

If you don't have much of a read on anyone, but feel Snake and Nexus aren't an immediate concern... who is?

You mention Chris Stone, but only in that you are wary of him because he's a good player. That to me isn't a concern worthy of not focusing elsewhere. So where do your suspicions lie?

• Paid Members

VOTE COUNT

* Snake (3) (Nexus, Kenny McBride, Dan Williams)

* Nexus (2) (tom, Bristep123)

* Dan Williams (2) (Dazz, Snake Plissken)

* Kenny McBride (1) (Teedy Kay)

* Bristep123 (1) (Mike Castle)

Not voting: El Nicko Loco, brownie, Carbomb, unfitfinlay, spotlightmagnet1, seph, Lion of the Midlands, Chris Stone

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch

Oh, and Mike will be V/LA over the weekend.

• Paid Members

Snake- So you keep shifting your votes in the hope of possibly getting some information out of the recipient, but you now seem to be going round in circles and keep changing your vote for the sake of it. You don't seem willing to share out anything in the way of any real opinion with the other players, and that's fine because you seem to be keeping your cards close to your chest.

But if you're fellow town, which I suspect you actually are, then why not make a move and actually stick to it? The vote-then unvote strategy you've employed in the last few pages hasn't really worked. It's essentially just filler now.

I await the inevitable vote Nicko Loco post.

• Paid Members

Looks like Snake is just having a bit of fun voting for everyone in quick succession. Of course, the more sinister possibility is that by switching his votes so often he is trying to get any focus away from him due to people thinking he is just being random. And also, it could be to get away from the proposed policy lynch by making it look like he

Archived