UK Smackdown *SPOILERS*

iamtheman

Worst part of the night Bar NXT was the fact that the Jubilee line was shut. Thousands of people waiting for one bus into London meant Carnage, which it was! An absolute joke and London Transport should be ashamed! I missed the last tube at Waterloo and didnt get indoors until 3 0 clock this morning.

What a nightmare that was, I had to get last train to Hastings at 23.53 from London Bridge, I left area about 23.05 slowly making my way to the tube only to hear the announcements, I had to rush to get a Thames Clipper service, had to pay an extra

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Worst part of the night Bar NXT was the fact that the Jubilee line was shut. Thousands of people waiting for one bus into London meant Carnage, which it was! An absolute joke and London Transport should be ashamed! I missed the last tube at Waterloo and didnt get indoors until 3 0 clock this morning.

What a nightmare that was, I had to get last train to Hastings at 23.53 from London Bridge, I left area about 23.05 slowly making my way to the tube only to hear the announcements, I had to rush to get a Thames Clipper service, had to pay an extra

My horror story from last night was getting to Waterloo at about 19:20 and finding the shutdown. Then having to take the bus from just outside to the arena, which took an hour on the slowest double-decker ever built. As I was walking down to entrance H, I passed the aftermath of a barfight in one of the restaurants. Got into the arena proper as NXT was finishing, which I didn't mind as I've no interest in that show (Although in lieu of not seeing Kelly for yet another tour, would have liked to have caught Beth and Layla).

Afterwards, I made a sharp exit as Christian was celebrating with the belt. Normally skip the dark matches/segments anyway but for seeing Edge one last time, I'd have made an exception if I had to. This time I was able to hop on the single-decker to Cutty Sark DLR and get through to Euston before the last places in the station to get food were closed.

Yeh absolute bollocks. It took me from 11pm to 12.25am to get from the o2 to Stratford. It takes 8 minutes on the tube. Got home at 1.45am.

There is a bus that runs (takes 30 minutes) but were told it doesn't run "this late at night" !!! Absolutely shocking customer service, and I agree they should be ashamed. You fucking make the buses run that late, if the tube is closed. The staff were so unhelpful, some really rude and seemed to not know anything anyway. Luckily I did squeeze through the crowd to get on a bus quite quickly, got no idea how long some people would have been waiting.

Yeh absolute bollocks. It took me from 11pm to 12.25am to get from the o2 to Stratford. It takes 8 minutes on the tube. Got home at 1.45am.

There is a bus that runs (takes 30 minutes) but were told it doesn't run "this late at night" !!! Absolutely shocking customer service, and I agree they should be ashamed. You fucking make the buses run that late, if the tube is closed. The staff were so unhelpful, some really rude and seemed to not know anything anyway. Luckily I did squeeze through the crowd to get on a bus quite quickly, got no idea how long some people would have been waiting.

I had the same but I couldn't even get to the O2, got to London Bridge and found out the only train line in was closed, checked a map and decided that the DLR at Canary Wharf is the closest station so went there only to then find out the only access across the water from there is the nearby Blackwall tunnel and that there is no walkway access.

Walked the two miles there anyway as had to try, would even try to thumb a lift if needed to get through the tunnel. Saw a control room and asked a worker if there way anyway across - this man turned out to be my saviour - he had just finished his shift and was going that way. Finally got to the arena at 8.40pm.

On the way back sprinted to the buses, jumped on one going to Lewisham (the only place I knew could back on the DLR but completly out of the way) then the train back into central London hoping that I had not missed the last trains.

Absolutely shocking. I hate to think if I had not been aware of the issues before I left the arena, ten minutes more and I would be sleeping on a cold floor.

Just watched Smackdown, it was alright but you're not missing much if you don't watch it. It annoys me a bit that they're doing the Laycool breakup and the Corre dissension at the same time, but Big Show and Kane are interesting tag champions going into the draft. I was really hoping Kofi would win the Intercontinental title back, even though he was a shit champion last time. That match was decent enough.

Masters vs McIntyre was Smackdown filler. Trent vs Swagger the same, but shorter. Mysterio vs Rhodes rematch just made me less interested in their PPV match. The Del Rio retirement stuff was crap, apart from Ricardo on the mobility scooter. Edge had a really good week last week, and then he came and did a poop-based speech here like he's John Cena.

Just ashamethat the end of smackdown means Dell rios winning Sunday

What, at a house show in Lyon?

We left halfway through the Edge speech bit at the end to make the train.

I've never understood the point of going to an event and leaving early to beat the rush. If getting home quick is that important, it'd be a lot cheaper to just not buy tickets in the first place and not have to worry about getting home at all.

Just watched Smackdown, it was alright but you're not missing much if you don't watch it. It annoys me a bit that they're doing the Laycool breakup and the Corre dissension at the same time, but Big Show and Kane are interesting tag champions going into the draft. I was really hoping Kofi would win the Intercontinental title back, even though he was a shit champion last time. That match was decent enough.

Masters vs McIntyre was Smackdown filler. Trent vs Swagger the same, but shorter. Mysterio vs Rhodes rematch just made me less interested in their PPV match. The Del Rio retirement stuff was crap, apart from Ricardo on the mobility scooter. Edge had a really good week last week, and then he came and did a poop-based speech here like he's John Cena.

I've never understood the point of going to an event and leaving early to beat the rush. If getting home quick is that important, it'd be a lot cheaper to just not buy tickets in the first place and not have to worry about getting home at all.

Some people have no choice, say they live far away and they have to catch the last train home or be strandard for the night in London. I remember legging it through Liverpool a few years back to get the last train or id be faced with a night on Liverpool train station

Also sometimes events run later and train time are changed etc

Not to beat the rush, to avoid being stranded at Gillingham station until 6am with an 8 year old boy. And from the sounds of the crush of people trying to get a bus to anywhere I made the right decision.

Some people have no choice, say they live far away and they have to catch the last train home or be strandard for the night in London. I remember legging it through Liverpool a few years back to get the last train or id be faced with a night on Liverpool train station

I've spent the night at a train station in London before after not getting out of a show in time for public transport. I did it because seeing the show was more important than staying in my own bed -- if it wasn't, I've had stayed at home in the first place. If an event's worth travelling beyond taxi-home distance for, might as well stay for the ending. It just seems like a waste to go to all that expense and effort when you're not bothered about watching the whole thing anyway. Edit: Suppose it's different if you're taking a kid somewhere.

I've spent the night at a train station in London before after not getting out of a show in time for public transport. I did it because seeing the show was more important than staying in my own bed -- if it wasn't, I've had stayed at home in the first place. If an event's worth travelling beyond taxi-home distance for, might as well stay for the ending. It just seems like a waste to go to all that expense and effort when you're not bothered about watching the whole thing anyway.

Fair enough I see your point, I obviously wouldnt have stayed until the end to that show in Liverpool and put myself in that postion where I had to leg it, if I didnt feel the same to some extent

Archived