Shitarse alert!

Ravenhill Promotions

Knowing TS quite well, I would say thats wasting your time, its akin to a Sandwich shop opening in the same town as another Sandwich shop when one produces rubbisher sandwiches, you cant get the other shop shut down and leave because you think your bread rolls are better.

You will only have a case if you can prove they are infringing rights on Doink the Clown.....

Surely the best bet is to put on a better show and promote better and try and get their fanbase, after all you may think they are shitarses but because its subjective you cant go complaining to authorities when you are being anti-competitive a little.

TS will not treat a wrestling show any different, you do know that right?

Be better and win fair... :)

EDIT - book bobby ball.... that will show them

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Knowing TS quite well, I would say thats wasting your time, its akin to a Sandwich shop opening in the same town as another Sandwich shop when one produces rubbisher sandwiches, you cant get the other shop shut down and leave because you think your bread rolls are better.

You will only have a case if you can prove they are infringing rights on Doink the Clown.....

Surely the best bet is to put on a better show and promote better and try and get their fanbase, after all you may think they are shitarses but because its subjective you cant go complaining to authorities when you are being anti-competitive a little.

TS will not treat a wrestling show any different, you do know that right?

Be better and win fair... :)

EDIT - book bobby ball.... that will show them

The whole point is though Ravenhill can put on the best show he has ever done but this other company can destroy it. It doesn't matter how good he puts on a show if they then follow with a uber shit show they could ruin the town for him. If it was a company that was going to offer up as good show and decent competition it wouldn't be as bad. It would become a challenge to beat them, now though Ravenhill is probably going to get screwed in this town for a while till the casual fans who just turn up relaise it wasn't his show that stunk up the town.

• Paid Members

The fact of the matter is, the other company is falsely advertising Doink The Clown. That's the crux. That should be enough to have the other show cancelled for wrongful advertisement, and if the world were fair the other promotion's license revoked if such a thing existed.

Ravenhill, let us know how you get on for those of us interested.

The fact of the matter is, the other company is falsely advertising Doink The Clown. That's the crux. That should be enough to have the other show cancelled for wrongful advertisement, and if the world were fair the other promotion's license revoked if such a thing existed.

Ravenhill, let us know how you get on for those of us interested.

As I said earlier, WWE would probably be interested in a promotion ripping off their trademarks. Ravenhill should have a word with their legal department. Maybe an angry letter from the WWE lawyers will put the shits up this shitarse.

http://corporate.wwe.com/company/contacts.jsp

• Paid Members

You say that like its a difficult thing to do? Surely it isn't?

No not really

http://www.trademarkia.com/doink-the-clown-74637348.html

If I had run shows in a town regulary for a while I would be mighty pissed off at this , out of curiosity how big is the town/city this is held in ?

No not really

http://www.trademarkia.com/doink-the-clown-74637348.html

If I had run shows in a town regulary for a while I would be mighty pissed off at this , out of curiosity how big is the town/city this is held in ?

Population of around 23,000 Blackwood is. My hometown babey! :thumbsup:

Since a few of you want to be kept updated, i'll let you know the current situation:

Firstly, I emailed the 'promoter' in the hope we could come to some sort of arrangement, but he won't reply. So I called WWE about the matter, and i've been put in touch with a Miss Lauren Middlen whose in charge of WWE's copyright department, and she's going to get back to me as soon as. I'm also waiting for the venue to get back to me so I can get their thoughts on the situation.

There's been imposter Doink the clowns for 15 years or more. I don't think WWE can be that concerned about it. Is Doink the Clown really a big draw in 2011?

If a promotion doesn't want other inferior promotions running in the same building, maybe they should sign an exclusivity agreement with the building's owner?

The old way of settling it would be to send a shooter to this TEW event to challenge their wrestlers. Or to put on a supershow in a nearby building with top stars on loan from other promotions.

There's been imposter Doink the clowns for 15 years or more. I don't think WWE can be that concerned about it. Is Doink the Clown really a big draw in 2011?

If a promotion doesn't want other inferior promotions running in the same building, maybe they should sign an exclusivity agreement with the building's owner?

The old way of settling it would be to send a shooter to this TEW event to challenge their wrestlers. Or to put on a supershow in a nearby building with top stars on loan from other promotions.

It's in a workingmans club about a ten minute walk from the theatre I run, so it is different venues.

So, which is the problem, that their falsely advertising Doink The Clown, or that they're running the same building you usually run?

I think its both, they are running a building he normally runs and they are running a show which is advetising a fake doink.

I am only confused with this as i need to question how relevant Doink is anyway? He hasn't been with the WWE for around 15 years now apart from a few occasional appearances since

• Paid Members
I am only confused with this as i need to question how relevant Doink is anyway? He hasn't been with the WWE for around 15 years now apart from a few occasional appearances since

A wrestling clown always gets a laugh though. If some jobber dresses like Doink, you can pretty much guarentee hilarity will ensue. I'd like to see this as the theme for FWA Season II.

Archived