Predict the Wrestlemania 28 Card

sukhy

With The Rock vs John Cena already announced for next year's show, anyone else wanna have a go at predicting the rest of the card? Here's mine -

The Rock vs John Cena

The Undertaker vs Triple H

WWE Championship - The Miz © vs Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Championship - Alberto Del Rio © vs John Morrison vs Wade Barrett

Intercontinental Championship - Sin Cara © vs Justin Gabriel vs Evan Bourne vs Rey Mysterio

United States Championship - Daniel Bryan © vs Cody Rhodes

CM Punk vs Chris Jericho

Edge & Christian vs Sheamus & Drew McIntyre

Divas Championship - Awesome Kong © vs Beth Phoenix

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment here but :

Rock v Cena

CM Punk v Austin

WWE Title - Streak v Title and Career : Undertaker v HHH

Not to be horrible, but some of those matches are a bit optimistic arent they? I would be suprised if a few of those mentioned in the lower card matches are still employed within the next few months.

Bar that Cena vs rock seems ot be 99.99% (as to be fair things can change), and it does looke like we'll see triple h vs taker again, but so far thats about it. Maybe Cena Vs Rock Vs taker?

Im guessing Sin Cara will be a champion by then, but once again who knows. You never know by that time mick foley might be back in WWE, at least in a legends role, so we'll wait and see!

Yeah true say, the WWE seem to rush a hell of a lot of matches, but hopefully we can see a card like that at Mania

• Paid Members
Undertaker vs HHH vs HBK

Yeah I think that has been heavily hinted in the last month.

I think they have a WWE title shot in mind for Sin Cara just now. Given how WWE works and how Sin Cara works, that probably won't happen.

I think CM Punk deserves a main event program. He's the most capable 'headliner' they have. Austin v CM Punk is genuinely more exciting than The Rock v John Cena to me (thanks Raw) - it's a natural feud with two men who are incredible on the stick. They hinted The Miz v Austin on Raw mind.

Thinking about it...

The Rock v John Cena

The Undertaker v Triple H v Shawn Michaels (probably with 'Loser leaves...' stip)

CM Punk v 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin

Phwoar! MEGAWOOD!!

I reckon that the Undertaker will skip Wrestlemania 28.

He's been a necessity at the past few Mania's, but I reckon that if the Rock/Cena match goes ahead as planned then that'll be enough to attract a huge buyrate in itself.

A Miz-Triple H match for the WWE title will support it.

Wrestlemania 27 spoiler included:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Undertaker will go 20-0 at WM29 against Triple H with HBK as special guest referee.

Undertaker versus John Cena will be the main draw of the Mania 30 card (I still think that Mania 30 will be Vince's encore). John Cena will go over Taker, in the process turning him heel for the first time ever.

Cena will have turned heel, ended Taker's streak and the WWE will still be able to hype Taker's streak as being the "Unprecedented 20-0 Wrestlemania streak" for eternity, never mentioning his loss to Cena when they're promoting his HOF induction and future DVD releases.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
John Cena will go over Taker, in the process turning him heel for the first time ever.

Short memory, you.

• Paid Members
John Cena will go over Taker, in the process turning him heel for the first time ever.

Short memory, you.

Isn't the point that he debuted as a heel, and as such he did not turn heel

Short memory, you.

Isn't the point that he debuted as a heel, and as such he did not turn heel

He was a face when he debuted I believe in 2002, he turned heel a few months later

Surely not even HHH deserves a third shot at Takers streak, 3 people including Hunter have had 2 shots already. We can't wait until Wrestlemania 30 for Cena to end it and turn heel, it's got to be at Wrestlemania 28 or 29. I think they'll struggle to keep Cena face for another year to be honest but then again, we've said that for quite a while now.

In much the same way that Rock's involvement influenced the decision to send Mania to Miami, Undertaker's condition is likely to influence where 29 is held. If it's his last hurrah and 20-0, then it figures they'll do it vs Cena in Dallas. As such, I'm calling that Taker will skip WM28 and the main events of the card will be as follows

Rock v Cena - Cena goes over with the whole handshake / torchpassing bullshit

CM Punk V Austin - theyve been teasing it on Twitter, Austin's been in interviews dropping hints about it

Never thought about The Undertaker skipping Mania, suppose it could happen but i doubt it.

I can see HHH/Taker happening again at Summerslam, giving HHH a win and putting it at 1-1 going into Mania next year.

Why are people putting Austin on there cards? Because he hit The Miz with an elbow drop on Raw?

Its very difficult to predict at this stage, but i think its safe to say that the main matches will be...

John Cena vs The Rock

HHH vs The Undertaker (HBK Special ref)

Who knows what else could happen in the next 12 months.

Archived