Triple H and Undertaker Fined

Kata Ha Jime

• Paid Members

Isnt this one of those deals where they announce they've been fined but never actually fined them? Like when John Cena swore, even though it was scripted that way? Just to make it a bit more legit and a talking point. Because I dont think they have a chairshot to the hand policy.

l.jpg

I have a feeling Ian is right, I think it's just one of those things that they announced to keep in the good books of all of those who have been on at them over concussions and brain damage following the Benoit story and what not. I think Triple H, Undertaker and Vince McMahon may have all had a little plan backstage to say the odd chairshot to the head can go and then they'd announce that the two would be fined but it wouldn't actually be legitimate, they'd just report it and let on it was all legitimate so that it looks as though they got carried away in the match and it was all heat of the moment and the two are actually getting fined for it. But really they won't be but it's just between them.

I assume John Cena got fined then, for barging The Miz towards the concrete floor and giving our WWE Champ a concussion too. In fact fine Cena every time he fails to connect with a move, apply moves realistically, or bumps on his arse instead of his back.

I'm pretty sure that they'll have to make legit records of these types of things, should they ever need to brought up in future cases.

For the sake of sticking a $1,000 fine on their heads, it saves the media and lawyers from being able to jump on a potential "WWE lied about their wellness/health policies~!" bandwagon in the future.

Besides, a grand to them compared to what they earned on the night will be fuck all to them.

I have to agree here. Its one of these times where it was WWE covering its arse, the main issue with chair shots to the head are when they are done repeatedly with no sort of protection, not a one off shot that Taker protected himself with. The fine is probably just a symbolic thing to prevent negative media coverage.

• Paid Members

I was surprised to see the shot, I have to say, but after months of not seeing head-shots it actually had impact to it and it was used in the perfect way, for me. In fact, I was slightly expecting some claret to be spilled during the match too. Just a smokescreen, this fine.

• Paid Members
I assume John Cena got fined then, for barging The Miz towards the concrete floor and giving our WWE Champ a concussion too. In fact fine Cena every time he fails to connect with a move, apply moves realistically, or bumps on his arse instead of his back.

Are you Fin Martin in disguise?

• Paid Members
I was surprised to see the shot, I have to say, but after months of not seeing head-shots it actually had impact to it and it was used in the perfect way, for me. In fact, I was slightly expecting some claret to be spilled during the match too. Just a smokescreen, this fine.

I couldn't agree more. It also made me think of how diluted things like this are in TNA. It's at the stage now where you expect to see blood everywhere and weapon shots as standard on impact and it's completely devalued. It really added to the match and if it was arranged and cleared with Vince it was brilliant. If Taker and HHH did it of their own accord knowing that they would catch shit over it, it was worth dropping a small piece of the massive wedge they will be getting for the night.

• Paid Members

I think Ian, Super Cena and Rick cover what probably happened.

The chair shot was probably cleared before hand, though Trippers and Taker were advised that they will be fined...but don't worry, we will just increase your Wrestlemania appearance bonus by that amount. Just to show them following through with their procedures, and also doing so to perhaps the two 'untouchable' guys in WWE- to prove a point that 'hey look, we fined HHH and Undertaker! We don't just pick on the dreggs!'.

Archived