SMACKDOWN SPOILERS

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Courtesy of F4W

WWE Smackdown opens with Alberto Del Rio complaining about Edge and Christian at Wrestlemania. Del Rio said he would take the World title. Edge comes driving out in a wrecker towing Del Rio's damaged car. They go back and forth. Teddy Long announces a that later tonight it would be Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio with the winner challenging Edge for the World title in a Ladder Match at the Extreme Rules PPV.

The eight man tag from Wrestlemania will rematch tonight - in a Best of Three Falls bout.

Kane, Big Show,Kofi Kingston & Santino Marella defeated The Corre in a Best of Three Falls bout. Kofi pinned Justin Gabriel in the first fall with a crossbody off the top rope. Way more competitive than the Mania bout. Wade Barrett pinned Santino with Wasteland in the Second Fall. The Corre was disqualified in the final fall when Kane was triple teamed as he tried to chokeslam Barrett. Show's team made a comeback, ending with Kane, Show and Santino all teaming to chokeslam Ezekiel Jackson.

*Sn Cara vignette gets a big pop.

*Cody Rhodes defeated Trent Baretta with CrossRhodes. Rey Mysterio runs out to make the save for Trent.

*They are pushing that they will air the Rock-Cena segment from Raw.

*Christian and Edge discuss the possibility that they will have to face off for the World title at Extreme Rules. Edge leaves briefly and Christian gets a good look at the belt.

*Kelly Kelly & Beth Phoenix defeated Lay-Cool after Kelly pinned Layla with a rollup after Michelle McCool went to the floor complaining of a back injury. McCool blamed Layla after the loss.

*Michael Cole and Jack Swagger comes out and cut a promo where Cole brags about beating Jerry Lawler at Wrestlemania. Swagger says it was easy to train Cole. Sin Cara comes out, does his entrance and takes out Swagger with a corkscrew dive to the floor.

*Layla informed McCool she signed them up for couple's therapy. McCool told her they weren't a couple and Layla told her to just show up.

*Alberto Del Rio defeated Christian to earn a World title shot at the Extreme Rules PPV.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Courtesy of F4W

WWE Smackdown opens with Alberto Del Rio complaining about Edge and Christian at Wrestlemania. Del Rio said he would take the World title. Edge comes driving out in a wrecker towing Del Rio's damaged car. They go back and forth. Teddy Long announces a that later tonight it would be Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio with the winner challenging Edge for the World title in a Ladder Match at the Extreme Rules PPV.

The eight man tag from Wrestlemania will rematch tonight - in a Best of Three Falls bout.

Kane, Big Show,Kofi Kingston & Santino Marella defeated The Corre in a Best of Three Falls bout. Kofi pinned Justin Gabriel in the first fall with a crossbody off the top rope. Way more competitive than the Mania bout. Wade Barrett pinned Santino with Wasteland in the Second Fall. The Corre was disqualified in the final fall when Kane was triple teamed as he tried to chokeslam Barrett. Show's team made a comeback, ending with Kane, Show and Santino all teaming to chokeslam Ezekiel Jackson.

*Sn Cara vignette gets a big pop.

*Cody Rhodes defeated Trent Baretta with CrossRhodes. Rey Mysterio runs out to make the save for Trent.

*They are pushing that they will air the Rock-Cena segment from Raw.

*Christian and Edge discuss the possibility that they will have to face off for the World title at Extreme Rules. Edge leaves briefly and Christian gets a good look at the belt.

*Kelly Kelly & Beth Phoenix defeated Lay-Cool after Kelly pinned Layla with a rollup after Michelle McCool went to the floor complaining of a back injury. McCool blamed Layla after the loss.

*Michael Cole and Jack Swagger comes out and cut a promo where Cole brags about beating Jerry Lawler at Wrestlemania. Swagger says it was easy to train Cole. Sin Cara comes out, does his entrance and takes out Swagger with a corkscrew dive to the floor.

*Layla informed McCool she signed them up for couple's therapy. McCool told her they weren't a couple and Layla told her to just show up.

*Alberto Del Rio defeated Christian to earn a World title shot at the Extreme Rules PPV.

Sounds good, Sin Cara is all over the place! Shame Christian didn't win, hopefully he got screwed over or something...as those spoiler aren't very detailed...

I managed to avoid any spoilers for this before I watched it and ended up really enjoying it. Definitely one of the best Smackdown's so far this year.

The tag match was very entertaining all the way through.

The replay of Sin Cara's entrance to the ring looks spectacular with the pyro going off in the background. (And yes, he manages to make it over the ropes cleanly this time)

A terrific main event. Cole ripping Chimmel to pieces during the entrances had me laughing. I'm delighted that Del Rio went over clean here and I hope that he wins the title at ER. I expect their ladder match to be an absolute belter.

Not a great deal happened, but what did was very good and nothing felt like it was dragging.

I managed to avoid any spoilers for this before I watched it and ended up really enjoying it. Definitely one of the best Smackdown's so far this year.

The tag match was very entertaining all the way through.

The replay of Sin Cara's entrance to the ring looks spectacular with the pyro going off in the background. (And yes, he manages to make it over the ropes cleanly this time)

A terrific main event. Cole ripping Chimmel to pieces during the entrances had me laughing. I'm delighted that Del Rio went over clean here and I hope that he wins the title at ER. I expect their ladder match to be an absolute belter.

Not a great deal happened, but what did was very good and nothing felt like it was dragging.

Aw no way. Don't see why Christian was beating him before Wrestlemania but now its different. Triple Threat Ladder Match could have been ace.

^ I'm not knocking Christian as he would no doubt have contributed a fair bit to the ladder match, but Del Rio needs the spotlight soley on him at the moment IMO. Just him versus Edge. As I said before, hopefully ADR will win the Heavyweight title and it'll be an added bonus if he does so in Edge's specialty match type. I'm a bit gutted that he didn't do it at 'Mania; doing so off the back of the Royal Rumble win would have done wonders for him.

Actually, there's a fair chance that Christian will be thrown into the match at some point. They were giving hints through the show that it could well be a triple threat match, so chances are something will go down in the next couple of weeks allowing Teddy Long to put Christian in the match. As much as I'd prefer it to be one on one, I think there's going to be more chance that it will be a three-way.

^ I'm not knocking Christian as he would no doubt have contributed a fair bit to the ladder match, but Del Rio needs the spotlight soley on him at the moment IMO. Just him versus Edge. As I said before, hopefully ADR will win the Heavyweight title and it'll be an added bonus if he does so in Edge's specialty match type. I'm a bit gutted that he didn't do it at 'Mania; doing so off the back of the Royal Rumble win would have done wonders for him.

Actually, there's a fair chance that Christian will be thrown into the match at some point. They were giving hints through the show that it could well be a triple threat match, so chances are something will go down in the next couple of weeks allowing Teddy Long to put Christian in the match. As much as I'd prefer it to be one on one, I think there's going to be more chance that it will be a three-way.

Yeah I love Del Rio too, but I just thought his loss at mania made him look like crap and I thought that they were implying that him and Edge were done. But I'm happy it isn't. I don't see why he'd win at Extreme Rules rather than mania though so who knows.

I don't know why he didn't go over at Mania to be honest, though I wouldn't have said that he looked crap in the process. His losses to Christian in the run-up to Mania certainly didn't do him any favours, admittedly.

He looked like a complete star in his match against Edge at WM, even looking as though he was going to grab the victory at one point. He certainly didn't look weak in defeat.

Like he says on this week's Smackdown, "Destiny can be delayed". I hope to fuck that he's right, Del Rio is the WWE's next major act.

• Paid Members

Enjoyed the show this week, two good matches and good angle development leave me excited for the next few weeks of WWE programming.

Edge vs Del Rio at Extreme Rules should be a very good match indeed. I too was hoping for a Del Rio Wrestlemania victory, but winning the title here in Edge's specialty match would be great in itself. Also, for Christian to be anywhere near the World title scene is something I've been hoping will happen for some time now, so good for him.

The two out of three falls tag match was good fun and it's a shame none of these guys had more time at Wrestlemania, because they've been building up to the match at Wrestlemania and it wasn't the greatest pay off. Not sure where the Corre go from here, but you'd think a stable with three of the WWE's title would be faring slightly better for themselves.

I enjoyed Rey vs Cody in both at Wrestlemania and in the tag match on Raw, so I'm all for another match at Extreme Rules between the two.

I don't know why he didn't go over at Mania to be honest, though I wouldn't have said that he looked crap in the process. His losses to Christian in the run-up to Mania certainly didn't do him any favours, admittedly.

He looked like a complete star in his match against Edge at WM, even looking as though he was going to grab the victory at one point. He certainly didn't look weak in defeat.

Like he says on this week's Smackdown, "Destiny can be delayed". I hope to fuck that he's right, Del Rio is the WWE's next major act.

Agreed, I really want to see Del Rio with the Title sooner rather than later. I didn't particularly care for him at first but he is growing on me and Edge's bizaare car destroying antics left him looking like a bit of a goon, only causing me to want to support Del Rio further. I'll be interested to see what happens with Christian; when I first read the spoilers about him eyeing up the belt, I imagined a stereotypical Eddie Guerrero slimey smirk, but watching it, it didn't come across like that at all, no two facedness was detected.

Overall I thought it was a good episode, I enjoyed more than 'Mania. Once again kudos to Michael Cole; I love him more and more with each episode, his comments make the episode for me.

I liked the show. Cole was great, the tag match was really good as well. Santino's fantastic. Possibly a big 4 vs 4 gimmick match at Extreme Rules?

They can fuck off doing Christian vs Del Rio every week, though. The Cody Rhodes stuff was total paint-by-numbers too.

Archived