SMACKDOWN SPOILERS

PowerButchi

Sin Cara looks amazing. His leap from the floor where he clears the top rope is something to behold.

I wonder who he'll end up wrestling first then? Sheamus or Swagger?

Otherwise a sub par show.

I preferred Cody Rhodes most when he was an arrogant prick on NXT and spoke condescendingly to Lucky Cannon. I felt he was poised to be in a feud vs a plucky newcomer. Not that his current character is bad, but its not particularly good either, and what I referenced from NXT Season 2 felt more his forte. Its sad for Trent Barreta as well since he can actually really tear it up when given some time. I rather liked his match vs Curt Hawkins on last week's Superstars.

I don't think there will be a recovery for The Corre. They are such utterly useless goons who can't win matches without a a bundle of interference, can't ambush 2 wrestlers between the 4 of them and can't stop getting nailed with Santino's daft Cobra strikes.

Del Rio has also become goonish as well. When he first arrived on the scene, he was somewhat cavalier, but still a hard bastard who had me fearing for Christian when he got in his face. Its too bad he's gone from a serious threat to a silly man who cries over his car getting vandalized. In Sheamus's case I can understand the transformation from legit tough guy who incapacitates HHH to daft goon, but Del Rio had his role played with a lot more conviction.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A great episode of smackdown, enjoyed watching throughout. I think delaying the draft a bit would be a good idea as I think they currently have a good thing going over there, which should be even better if Del Rio wins the gold at Extreme Rules so we can get an Edge - Christian match or two maybe aswell as a brash new champ. Jack Swagger has become a legit name due to his association with Michael Cole, I would like Cole to step down from announcing on one of the shows though as there is a bit of overkill going on. Cole as Swagger's manager aiding a few wins over Mysterio, Kofi, Kane etc would do Swagger the world of good and he looks like he delivers each thing he does in the ring with meaning.

• Paid Members

Cody Rhodes is the best heel in wrestling right now. I love his new character, it's totally different from anything I've seen in wrestling over the past decade, absolutely excellent.

Swagger/Cole are a hugely fun double act too. I hope the two stick together in the future, resulting in an increased push for the All-American American.

Great Smackdown, absolutely loved it. I hope Christian sneaks into the World Heavyweight title bout, though.

A great episode of smackdown, enjoyed watching throughout. I think delaying the draft a bit would be a good idea as I think they currently have a good thing going over there, which should be even better if Del Rio wins the gold at Extreme Rules so we can get an Edge - Christian match or two maybe aswell as a brash new champ. Jack Swagger has become a legit name due to his association with Michael Cole, I would like Cole to step down from announcing on one of the shows though as there is a bit of overkill going on. Cole as Swagger's manager aiding a few wins over Mysterio, Kofi, Kane etc would do Swagger the world of good and he looks like he delivers each thing he does in the ring with meaning.

Is the draft still going these days? I ask as I've only been a regular follower again since the beginning of this year.

Michael Cole must have done the 'rare candy' cheat on Swagger, as he's managed to make him a level 90+ super-over heel. Up until his association with Cole, I found him more of a bore than anything yet now he's probably the most despised heel I can think of.

As as good as Del Rio and CM Punk at al are, I can still sympathies with aspects of their characters. Yet Swagger is a guy who I have nothing but 'kayfabe' hate towards.

Smackdown was quite good this week I thought, the Christian/Alberto Del Rio match was really good. I hope they add Christian into the Ladder match somehow, because he deserves it after all of these good TV matches he has been having recently. Unless the cheers were added in, the Kane/Big Show/Kingston/Santino team were major over as well.

Draft is in June I think.

Raw is currently scheduled to run three hours on both June 13 and June 20. They will be the first two shows after Tough Enough ends on June 6. The idea behind this is that unlike in the past, when they've scheduled three hour Raws, ratings have often been disappointing because wrestling fans weren't used to tuning in at 8 p.m., they will have several straight months of tuning in at 8 p.m. before these two specials.

from the f4wonline.com

I'm guessing it's one of those two.

I'm liking Sin Cara as a superhero type charachter, wouldn't mind a feud with him and Cody.

Edge actually seemed a likeable babyface on commentry, for the first time in god knows how long.

Christian and Edge discuss the possibility that they will have to face off for the World title at Extreme Rules. Edge leaves briefly and Christian gets a good look at the belt.

jizzinmypants.jpg

Alberto Del Rio defeated Christian to earn a World title shot at the Extreme Rules PPV.

2.png

Is the draft still going these days? I ask as I've only been a regular follower again since the beginning of this year.

Aye, last years draft was the Raw after Extreme Rules though. Smackdown's roster got a real pasting last year.

• Paid Members

Aye, last years draft was the Raw after Extreme Rules though. Smackdown's roster got a real pasting last year.

What annoyed me most was the Smackdown after the draft where Teddy Long came out and said: "I don't know about you, but I think Smackdown got the best out of the draft!" which just made him look idiotic. Obviously he couldn't come out and say "Smackdown's shit now", but he could either have not addressed it, or simply said: "it's been a monumental draft, we lost some stars, gained others, but today marks the beginning of an exciting new era for Smackdown"

Surely this time round they'll balance the rosters a bit more?

• Paid Members
Surely this time round they'll balance the rosters a bit more?

Those days are gone, dude. Smackdown is to Raw what the AHL is to the NHL.

I dunno, they're on a new network, ratings have been improving and the show seems to have a bit more direction to it. I could certainly see a bit of balance coming out of the draft. I'm expecting to see Jack Swagger move to RAW, and maybe Drew McIntyre also but other than that I really don't know who the show will steal. I think Edge is likely to stay put. Same with Mysterio. Christian's a bit unpredicatble, same with Big Show given the number of times he's switched brand. Kane's pretty much done all he can on the blue brand, so he could actually do with swapping show. Doesn't mean it'll happen though.

Then there's Undertaker. This might wind up being the year he switches, but after his Wrestlemania match I don't expect to see him on either show for a while. His schedule is so limited I don't think it'd actually damage Smackdown much to lose him.

But you look at the potential moves that could happen, and the picture is only rosy - even if it was only upper/midcarders that moved - there's Daniel Bryan, who'd give the brand a massive boost. Evan Bourne who could do with being featured more prominantly. Ted DiBiase, who's pretty dull right now, but perhaps a move to Smackdown and a face turn could sort that. There's Skip Sheffield who's been out of action for a while, but is decent enough on the mic and in the ring to make an impact over on Smackdown. There's John Morrison, who might even make the jump to the main events if he switches show. Then there's Sheamus, who could quite possibly become the top heel over on the blue brand.

Whatever happens, I think Smackdown will come out of the draft much stronger this year round.

Archived