SMACKDOWN SPOILERS

PowerButchi

They'll lose Del Rio, for kick-off. It's pretty obvious they want him on Raw. It's about time Big Show moved Red-wards, too. In return, Smackdown will get a pile of failed mid-carders like Bryan and Dibiase, as you note.

On the plus side, I reckon it's nailed on Sin Cara will head to Smackdown (after Monday's mini-botch they won't want him doing his entrance live every week), Sheamus could do things down there and they might even get Randy Orton.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
They'll lose Del Rio, for kick-off. It's pretty obvious they want him on Raw. It's about time Big Show moved Red-wards, too. In return, Smackdown will get a pile of failed mid-carders like Bryan and Dibiase, as you note.

On the plus side, I reckon it's nailed on Sin Cara will head to Smackdown (after Monday's mini-botch they won't want him doing his entrance live every week), Sheamus could do things down there and they might even get Randy Orton.

I don't think Del Rio's going anywhere since Smackdown has such a strong hispanic following. When Rey Mysterio moved to RAW, it didn't affect the show's ratings one jot with that demographic, but it harmed Smackdown. But then, perhaps his Wrestlemania loss is BECAUSE they want him to move shows? Regardless, I'd be really shocked if Del Rio was to move.

As for Sin Cara, is he officially a RAW star? Since he appeared on Smackdown and all. We'll see as the weeks pass.

Big Show actually moved from RAW to Smackdown last draft. He's always fit in better on the Smackdown roster than on RAW in my opinion.

And it's a bit early to call Daniel Bryan a failed midcarder.

I'm feeling more optimistic for Smackdown this year, the addition of Sheamus, JoMo, Bryan and Bourne would be great and I'd really enjoy seeing a show built around these guys compared to on Raw where they are usually afterthoughts. I think a Del Rio move to Raw could be on the cards but personally I'd like to see him stay on Smackdown as I think Raw is currently Miz's show.

• Paid Members

Surely they will put Sin Cara on RAW? First and foremost, so anyone who likes "that sort of thing" might tune into RAW to see it - putting him on SmackDown where there is already Misterio wouldn't have much effect. Secondly you might want to keep Cara and Rey apart as long as possible to create intrigue in as much as "what would happen if they had a match?" and eventually put it on PPV. You do that best if they are on seperate brands. They have great difficulty creating any "dream matches" because everyone thats had any exposure has already wrestled each other entertained together already.

Sin Cara looks amazing. His leap from the floor where he clears the top rope is something to behold.

It's amazing when you don't realise he 'cheats'. :angry:

OH! You are kidding me?

I didn't know this.

• Paid Members
It's outstanding how many people (including myself) thought he just jumped on his own. Really disappointing to have the illusion broke.

dunno about you, but I felt like a massive bell end when I watched it again after finding out. He really clearly hops to jump onto the trampoline

It's outstanding how many people (including myself) thought he just jumped on his own. Really disappointing to have the illusion broke.

dunno about you, but I felt like a massive bell end when I watched it again after finding out. He really clearly hops to jump onto the trampoline

I felt like an idiot also. :angry::laugh:

Meh, it's still brilliant. I echo air_raid's sentiments on the Mysterio-Sin Cara dream match, let these two guys tear it down in the Rumble if Rey's knees are not fucked by then doing all sorts of luchador double moves only to lead to Sin Cara throwing Rey over the ropes and setting up what would be a great Wrestlemania match.

• Paid Members

I think it's more about the Hispanic audience though. In a normal situation you'd probably want to keep them apart, but he's likely to bring more of a boost to Smackdown draw wise than RAW, so for that reason who knows? Maybe he'll stick about on RAW till Rey retires, then switch shows. Maybe he'll work both brands? Whatever happens he'll eventually become a permanent fixture on Smackdown, I've no doubt about it.

One problem with Smackdown this week that I didn't mention was the huge number of video packages that aired. I know their roster's thin, but even so.

One problem with Smackdown this week that I didn't mention was the huge number of video packages that aired. I know their roster's thin, but even so.

I think that's down to the taping schedule as much as anything else. At a standard Smackdown taping, you have a dark match, a Superstars match or two, NXT, then Smackdown. Anything they can use to cut the overall time down is a positive for crowd liveliness. Although I say that now, there's a chance that they did replay the full Cena-Rock confrontation on the big screen twice at the taping.

Archived