My Best Film?

M-Dudz

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Actually, Sev, I thought that Heat would be one of the De Niro efforts that you wouldn't have enjoyed as much. I just thought the whole coffee shop scene with Pacino was a bit contrived.

He's great in Mean Streets, i always get the feeling that he stole Harvey Keitels career in that film.

For an interesting little sub topic who do we rate higher these days Pacino or De Niro?

I'd say De Niro has had better one off performances but ultimately shit on his career, which is fair enough its his career, whilst Pacino has greater consistency and far less cringe worthy films.

So many to choose from. My absolute favourite film is Goodfellas, but my favourite performance ever is Travis Bickle. I'm surprised at the love for The Untouchables on here, not because I don't like it, I actually love it, but it just doesn't seem to get that sort of love anywhere else.

First I've heard of Raging Bull 2. I don't know what to think about that really.

• Paid Members

Performance wise it's hard to look past King Of Comedy. He does it all in that film, pathetic, threatening, obsessive, slick and even funny. It's easy to see why he persuaded Scorsese to make it, such a great character.

Archived