Smackdown Spoilers

BenPhoenix

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Booker T comes out to an amazing pop. Cole comes out to heat.

Smackdown starts off with a backstage segment where Teddy Long is telling Edge that if he or Alberto Del Rio touch either other before Wrestlemania they will both be banned from the event. Christian told Edge not come out when he faces Del Rio.

Rey Mysterio defeated C.M. Punk by DQ. This was a WrestleMania Rewind match. Cody Rhodes came out, showed a knee brace on his right knee, and gave Mysterio a knee to the face.

Undertaker will address Triple H tonight.

Edge defeated Drew McIntyre. Edge won via submission with the Edge-ucator. Edge speared McIntyre after the match.

Lay-Cool defeated Rosa Mendez & Kelly Kelly. Layla has the Snooki hair do and they were both fist pumping they are also not even wearing their ring gear. Rosa and Kelly go straight for the attack. Quick match ending when Layla hits a reverse neck breaker for the win. After the match Laycool cut a quick promo saying that their opponents for Wrestlemania are no challenge.

Wade Barrett defeated Kofi Kingston to win the Intercontinental Championship. Kofi was going for trouble in paradise but ref got distracted. He connected trouble in paradise on Heath allowing Wade to hit Wasteland following a pinfall. After the match Justin hit a 450 splash.

Teddy Long told Del Rio the same thing he told Edge about no physical contact between the two before WrestleMania or the instigator is out of the title match. Del Rio smiled and then winked at Long.

Undertaker came out for a promo. He said the words "Die Trying" will be the epitaph on Triple H's tombstone. He said Triple H will be No. 19 at WrestleMania.

Jack Swagger beat R-Truth. Swagger won with the ankle lock in three minutes. Swagger and Cole took a victory lap after the match, which was funny.

Christian (w/Edge) defeated Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez, Brodus Clay). Del Rio delivered some nasty leg kicks early on. He got in Edge's face and encouraged him to smack him. Christian had the match won, but Ricardo put Del Rio's leg on the ropes. Christian came back and won with the Killswitch. Edge teased hitting Del Rio with a chair, but Christian hit Del Rio with the chair instead.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Wade winning the IC title, puts a lot more heat on him and as a result on the Corre. Not a huge thing I know as the IC title doesnt mean what it once did but its a step in the right direction. Not sure whose coffee Kofi spilt though. I reckon Kofi will now be added to the Corre/Show and Kane match which I can only assume they will announce officially on raw.

Really interesting developments with Christian, Edge and Del Rio. Surely with Christian beating Del Rio twice in a row he will now be added to the match. When are they going to do it though. Raw as well? As much as Im delighted with Christians involvement as he has breathed life into the feud IMO i still find it odd that del rio has taken two losses in quick succession like this. Still, I reckon he will win the strap at mania and we will get an edge/christian feud coming off the show on April 3rd.

Looks like it's going to be yet another decent Smackdown.

Really happy that Barrett's won the Intercontinental title. It would have been nice to have seen the match spoiler free but to watch an episode of Smackdown without knowing many of the outcomes is pretty hard to do in this day and age, especially if you watch it on YouTube like I do. No, the IC belt isn't the strap it once was, but I think that all of the singles belts have been booked fairly well recently and it won't do Barrett any harm having that around his waist. So, The Corre now have the tag straps and Intercontinental championship. Big Zeke just needs to go after Del Rio's World belt post-Mania!

Glad the belts off Kingston, he's is terrible. Barrett will make a great IC champ imo and the Corre are picking up steam as a group. I wish they had their old name back though.

I half agree with your first statement, I do like Kofi, i just think he has never been booked well. As for The Corre, i am LOVING them at the moment, shame that Wade is only IC champ after all those main events but it is a step back in the right direction. Hopefully he will give that belt some credit again. And now with New Nexus dead (back in FCW) hopefully The Corre can become Nexus again. Still not too keen ont he name Corre.

A few weeks ago I suggested on these forums that Drew McIntyre was doing jobs in advance of getting a push where the favour would be returned; it now concerns me that he's just being jobbed out with no purpose (or at least one with positive potential).

• Paid Members

Del Rio loses again? Jesus christ. I'll reserve judgement because last week it left me gobsmacked but when I watched the show, it worked better, Del Rio didn't lose by much and quickly regained his heat. To job him out again seems crazy though.

• Paid Members
Del Rio loses again? Jesus christ. I'll reserve judgement because last week it left me gobsmacked but when I watched the show, it worked better, Del Rio didn't lose by much and quickly regained his heat. To job him out again seems crazy though.

It could be a possible swerve by the WWE. Have Christian beat Del Rio look's like Del Rio is weak and will get beat by Edge then at Wrestlemania Christian turns on Edge allowing Del Rio to win. The whole we were in cahoots so you could trust Christian I let him win etc, etc.

This would then set up Edge vs. Christian heel vs. face summer programme. Fuck knows who Del Rio could go after though.

Wade Barrett as I.C champ is good need to draft over some talent after Wrestlemania though. The mid card of Smackdown is not at the best at the minute. Kofi was on a great role a long time ago with Orton feud. Since moving to Smackdown he has faded into the background. Might be getting his well wishes after Wrestlemania. R truth out in 3 minutes as well see you later Truth good riddance.

Ah nuts. I've started watching smack down regularly, and then I go and accidentally read the spoilers. Shame, I too would of loved to of seen Barrett win the ic belt spoiler free ah well.

Overall seems like a good show. Personally I love the fact that wwe are using the edge / del rio feud as a means to increase Christians exposure. I think tiger ricks claim that del rio is being "jobbed out" is a bit strong... He's hardly losing week in and week out to the entire midcard... If anything I applaud wwe making the run up a more complex than the usual build up we get, and it's nice to get the occasional upset / surprise victory.

In my mind del rio losing to Christian dosent weaken him at all, and if anything it only increases Christians value as a future threat. My prediction for mania is that Christian will screw edge, and that these victories over del rio are a way to increase Christians stock in time for the inevitable edge / Christian feud post mania.

Ah nuts. I've started watching smack down regularly, and then I go and accidentally read the spoilers. Shame, I too would of loved to of seen Barrett win the ic belt spoiler free ah well.

Overall seems like a good show. Personally I love the fact that wwe are using the edge / del rio feud as a means to increase Christians exposure. I think tiger ricks claim that del rio is being "jobbed out" is a bit strong... He's hardly losing week in and week out to the entire midcard... If anything I applaud wwe making the run up a more complex than the usual build up we get, and it's nice to get the occasional upset / surprise victory.

In my mind del rio losing to Christian dosent weaken him at all, and if anything it only increases Christians value as a future threat. My prediction for mania is that Christian will screw edge, and that these victories over del rio are a way to increase Christians stock in time for the inevitable edge / Christian feud post mania.

why screw edge? logic would say del rio wins at mania and Christian is shown at the end ala owen hart at WM X saying i can beat you setting up fued and finally a PPV main event for Christian solo?

why screw edge? logic would say del rio wins at mania and Christian is shown at the end ala owen hart at WM X saying i can beat you setting up fued and finally a PPV main event for Christian solo?

Well sure, thats another way of doing. Though I wouldn't necessarily say your suggestion is more logical... just another way of doing it. In fact I could very easily argue that Christian screwing Edge is logical considering Christian has a history of screwing over tag team partners at Wrestlemania (see WrestleMania 20 and Chris Jericho).

Anyway since you asked... why would he screw Edge? Christian's justification is simple:

Christian and Edge were one of the most iconic teams in WWE history, particularly during the attitude era. Not only that... they were brothers. And that was a very special bond to Christian. They grew up together, trained together, got into the WWE together, won the tag belts together and played a significant part in introducing TLC to the world and revolutionizing the ladder match.

However the minute Edge had a opportunity to make it as a singles star, he took it. And before you know it Christian has been pushed out, and Edge has even gone as far as to smudge over the fact that they are brothers. After all, when was the last time any of us heard Edge refer to Christian as his actual brother? And thats frankly agitated Christian.

Whilst Edge was winning World and WWE championships and making big bucks headlining PPVs and WrestleManias... Christian was forgotten and unemployed.*

Christian finally made his way back to WWE, but did Edge welcome him home? No. Did Edge refer to the fact that his brother was back? No. Did Edge even consider re-teaming up with his brother? No. In fact whilst Edge was in a high profile position to help him, he instead left Christian to rot in the dying ECW brand.

And that annoys Christian. Because deep down he KNOWS he is better than Edge. And since he got back he proved it, by beating Del Rio not once... BUT TWICE! And so at WrestlaMania Christian decides to cost Edge the belt as his little exclamation point. In Christian's mind this proved that he is better than Edge because he lost the belt to a man he's beaten twice... and to make it sweeter... it turns out Edge really did need Christian all along.

* Yes I know he was with TNA, but I'm talking about a fictional storyline here and making a little creative license with the fued here.

Well sure, thats another way of doing. Though I wouldn't necessarily say your suggestion is more logical... just another way of doing it. In fact I could very easily argue that Christian screwing Edge is logical considering Christian has a history of screwing over tag team partners at Wrestlemania (see WrestleMania 20 and Chris Jericho).

Anyway since you asked... why would he screw Edge? Christian's justification is simple:

Christian and Edge were one of the most iconic teams in WWE history, particularly during the attitude era. Not only that... they were brothers. And that was a very special bond to Christian. They grew up together, trained together, got into the WWE together, won the tag belts together and played a significant part in introducing TLC to the world and revolutionizing the ladder match.

However the minute Edge had a opportunity to make it as a singles star, he took it. And before you know it Christian has been pushed out, and Edge has even gone as far as to smudge over the fact that they are brothers. After all, when was the last time any of us heard Edge refer to Christian as his actual brother? And thats frankly agitated Christian.

Whilst Edge was winning World and WWE championships and making big bucks headlining PPVs and WrestleManias... Christian was forgotten and unemployed.*

Christian finally made his way back to WWE, but did Edge welcome him home? No. Did Edge refer to the fact that his brother was back? No. Did Edge even consider re-teaming up with his brother? No. In fact whilst Edge was in a high profile position to help him, he instead left Christian to rot in the dying ECW brand.

And that annoys Christian. Because deep down he KNOWS he is better than Edge. And since he got back he proved it, by beating Del Rio not once... BUT TWICE! And so at WrestlaMania Christian decides to cost Edge the belt as his little exclamation point. In Christian's mind this proved that he is better than Edge because he lost the belt to a man he's beaten twice... and to make it sweeter... it turns out Edge really did need Christian all along.

* Yes I know he was with TNA, but I'm talking about a fictional storyline here and making a little creative license with the fued here.

It could work and I like it, but the fact that Del Rio took Christian out for 6 months, it would make Christian look like a twat if he gave the title to Del Rio by costing Edge...I reckon (considering this is Main Event 1/3) that Edge wins, give Del Rio his test on the biggest stage of them all, Edge wins. Christian celebrates with him and then boom Killswitch, signalling Christians intent to win the title off Edge. Then they go into a 3 way for Backlash/Extreme Rules eventually leading to 1 on 1 Edge vs Christian!

Yay for Wade. Kofi Kingston is alright, but he does nothing for the belt and the belt does nothing for him! Heels have been way better with the IC Title - ie Ziggler so hopefully Mr Barrett makes it look good. Can't wait to see the gold round his waist!

Archived