Smackdown Spoilers

BenPhoenix

its bad when the commentary team get more of a pop than half the roster

It really is getting like X Factor/Strictly Come Dancing etc - the performers are incidental to the commentary/analysts!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm guessing Kofi's about to enter a Wrestlemania match with Kane and Big Show against The Corre. Hope they still manage to fit Diesel in there, as late as it is. Maybe they could hype up the match to include a "mystery partner" (to be announced on Smackdown) in a RAW announcement, and that partner's revealed to be Big Daddy Cool on the Friday.

I'm also curious about Christian's Wrestlemania role. Surely he won't be part of the World title match?

I'm guessing Kofi's about to enter a Wrestlemania match with Kane and Big Show against The Corre. Hope they still manage to fit Diesel in there, as late as it is. Maybe they could hype up the match to include a "mystery partner" (to be announced on Smackdown) in a RAW announcement, and that partner's revealed to be Big Daddy Cool on the Friday.

I'm also curious about Christian's Wrestlemania role. Surely he won't be part of the World title match?

This is what I'm thinking. For what it's worth, the news sites have been reporting that there's a strong possibility that he will be added to the match. If this is to happen then logic would dictate that Del Rio (the heel) would then be the one fighting against the odds as Edge and Christian would naturally be more inclined to team up against Del Rio.

You can argue that this wouldn't be the case as it would be every man for themselves, but there's too much history between E&C for that to be believable and too little time remaining before 'Mania to build up any kind of genuine animosity between the two.

With Edge's career nearing an end and Christian not being seen as genuine world title material in the eyes of the higher-ups, Del Rio needs to walk out of Wrestlemania as the new World Heavyweight champion. Rodriguez announcing that Del RRRRRRRRiooooo is the new World Heavyweight champion after he's pulled Edge's arm out of his socket for the victory will be an awesome Wrestlemania moment.

Edge and Christian are not brothers. This has been retconned.

Well they can ret-ret-con it then!

In all seriousness when was this? I can't help but imagine the commentators saying "we now see edge coming to ringside, who is NOT christian's brother... I repeat... IS NOT christian's brother... And who will challenge John cena tonight for the world championship."

In all seriousness when was this? I can't help but imagine the commentators saying "we now see edge coming to ringside, who is NOT christian's brother... I repeat... IS NOT christian's brother... And who will challenge John cena tonight for the world championship."

Edge and Christian said that they have been best friends from childhood when they were both on Smackdown last year. The commontators kept talking about how good friends they have always been. Really annoyed me that the whole brother thing never got brought up. Someone told me about them just being blood brothers from their Brood days, but there was a story back in 2001/2002 where their Grandma was ill, so just very annoying. :p

• Paid Members

Ever since Christian's return they've just been best friends. I think it was initially mentioned when Christian did the whole "your face turn is bullshit" thing to edge when they were both on SD. I'm surprised you've not seen it, considering how much it completely changed everything and the board went mental when it was announced

Ever since Christian's return they've just been best friends. I think it was initially mentioned when Christian did the whole "your face turn is bullshit" thing to edge when they were both on SD. I'm surprised you've not seen it, considering how much it completely changed everything and the board went mental when it was announced

I missed the onboard explosion, and mostly been watching the catch up shows on sky,therefore I've not seen any full episodes of smack down until recently when I realised it was now available to watch on Sky. I'll admit, this causes me to miss key things like this.

However wwe is no stranger to rewriting history, and although they don't need them to be brothers for my suggestion to work, they could always remake them brothers.

There's no Smackdown next week.

• Paid Members

IIRC Chritian has been reffered to as Edges "Good Buddy" from just before Christian went to TNA, so its been out in the open there not brothers for some time.

:thumbsup:

Since around the time Edge's book came out, so late 2004.

Haven't managed to watch all of Smackdown yet, just the ending of the IC Title match. Any explanation as to where Heath Slater got that nasty, nasty black eye? From what I saw, it could've been from the Trouble in Paradise from Kofi, unless it happened on a previous episode.

I like the fact two relatively new stars are holding the secondary belts. Sheamus and Barrett have both been quasi-main eventing for many months on Raw and now that they hold the IC/US belts, those belts should in theory look more important. I've said for years they should put the IC and/or United States title on guys in that position to elevate the belts.

I'm also pleasantly surprised they've had Christian go over Del Rio twice in consecutive weeks in the run up to Wrestlemania. I'm not exactly one of those vouching that Christian is WHC material, if that argument is still going on. However they seem to finally be showing some faith in Christian, placing him in the mix of the World Title match at Wrestlemania and putting him over the number one contender and a guy who they're pushing to the moon. I don't think the losses hurt Del Rio and I'm sure there's people up in arms about it, but if he goes over at Mania it'll all be forgotten.

Personally I'd like to see Del Rio beat Edge at Mania, have Christian challenge Del Rio at the next PPV and have Edge be the jealous 2brother" for a change. Lets be honest, Edge is a thousand times better than Christian as a heel and Christian is a thousand times better as a face than Edge. Saying that, I wouldn't be opposed to a Christian heel turn either as some are suggesting.

Archived