Smackdown Spoilers

BenPhoenix

quote]

There's no Smackdown next week.

Yes there is. It's just not a regular show. They are starting the Raw taping 30 minutes early on Monday to record stuff for Smackdown, and there'll be stuff filmed at Axxess, so there's no reason they can't still announce stuff for Mania on that show.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote]

There's no Smackdown next week.

Yes there is. It's just not a regular show. They are starting the Raw taping 30 minutes early on Monday to record stuff for Smackdown, and there'll be stuff filmed at Axxess, so there's no reason they can't still announce stuff for Mania on that show.

The past two years they have done that, nothing happened at all other than 2 or 3 useless matches. We probably won't even get it on Sky anyway, will most probably be a Best Of Wrestlemania show instead like we got in '09 and '10 on the Friday.

• Paid Members

I'm shocked that no one's mentioned the awesome counter into the Wasteland in the Wade-Kofi match. That was a thing of beauty and actually made the Wasteland look semi-decent for a change.

And Cody Rhodes continues to be the best thing on Smackdown by far. His character is so interesting and he's pulling it off incredibly well. Cannot wait for his match with Rey at Mania where I really hope he gets the win and Rey takes some time off so that this Sin Cara fellow can get over a bit easier. Although his promo videos look cool, I'm worried that if he debuts with Rey still there then people might see him as just a Mysterio clone (which I guess he kinda was but they shouldn't acknowledge that) and struggle to warm to him.

Smackdown was really, really good. Wade Barrett looks really really good with the IC Title already. Codys beatdown on Rey was amazing, and I still have no idea what is going to happen with Del Rio/Edge and Christian!

Agreed, thought it was a sound episode and really enjoyed it! Still equally as confused about the Del Rio/ Edge/ Christian deal (in a good way!). Can't wait to see what they do, am kind of hoping it will be a face Christian and a heel Edge, as he seems to be displaying his psycho side a little more.

I'm shocked that no one's mentioned the awesome counter into the Wasteland in the Wade-Kofi match. That was a thing of beauty and actually made the Wasteland look semi-decent for a change.

And Cody Rhodes continues to be the best thing on Smackdown by far. His character is so interesting and he's pulling it off incredibly well. Cannot wait for his match with Rey at Mania where I really hope he gets the win and Rey takes some time off so that this Sin Cara fellow can get over a bit easier. Although his promo videos look cool, I'm worried that if he debuts with Rey still there then people might see him as just a Mysterio clone (which I guess he kinda was but they shouldn't acknowledge that) and struggle to warm to him.

I was struggling to see how they'd get Sin Cara over with Rey still around (assuming they were both put on the Smackdown Brand) but I really liked what this guy had to say on what he would do with Sin Cara.

congratulions to wade on being the third englishman to win the intercontinental title (probaby) great finish as well

think christian to turn heel on edge leading to edge-christian feud probably just wishful thinking on my part though

Layla dressed jersy style was great she looked amazing

Wonder if Rhodes is going to wrestle in a Suit at Mania.

I'm still trying to figure out if the whole point of the angle is that in reality, Cody Rhodes face doesn't look much different. Mainly because the mask is see through, rather than a black or other color. Sort of like a "Kane wasn't really burnt in the fire" kind of way. His disfigurement is all in his head or something. I really don't know.

Regardless, I really like where the Rhodes character is going. From being a very bland arrogant character to whatever this is.

• Paid Members
Wonder if Rhodes is going to wrestle in a Suit at Mania.

I'm still trying to figure out if the whole point of the angle is that in reality, Cody Rhodes face doesn't look much different. Mainly because the mask is see through, rather than a black or other color. Sort of like a "Kane wasn't really burnt in the fire" kind of way. His disfigurement is all in his head or something. I really don't know.

Regardless, I really like where the Rhodes character is going. From being a very bland arrogant character to whatever this is.

I think it works far better him having a see through mask so you can see he has nothing wrong with him (although I thought he 'broke his nose'). For me, it made Kane come across as a bigger nutter and ditto with Cody Rhodes. He's essentially playing a wrestling version of Patrick Bateman anyway, so the nuttier he comes across the better.

Bateman, like Rhodes, is so vain/narcissistic that even a broken thread on a suit would make him want to vomit/kill.

Archived