memphis power pro wrestling

wwffan2

i am currently watching memphis power pro wrestling 1998 to 1999 and was wondering if anyone else has ever watched this so far the storylines seem really weak just up to episode 16 so far and was wondering if it does get any better.

the show was called the power hour and is presented by cory macklin and dave brown , the main feud i have seen so far is jerry lawler vs randy hales , biggest draws so far from people i recognizr have been the following.

koko b ware

sir mo

lance cade

brian christopher

considering this is wwes feeder group its been so poor so far.

so far its getting pretty boring , they have had two massive shows that had the rock vs brian christopher and kane vs jerry lawler , apparently later on in the broadcasts sid justice appears im trying to avoid the temptation to read spoilers.

I have some videos from Power Pro 98-99. It's got a good Streetfight between Brandon Baxter and Randy Hales, appearances from Too Cool and WWF signees Vic Grimes, Erin O'Grady, Baldo [Prince Albert/Giant Bernard] and Shawn Stasiak.

Stasiak was obviously being groomed to be a big star as he was booked to feud with top star Jerry Lawler. Most noteworthy aspect of that feud for me, however, was the introduction of Shawn Stasiak's 'mother', Mrs Stasiak, played by the brilliantly dotty Mae Young.

Oh, and some guy by the name of Kurt Angle made a few appearances for Power Pro too.

As a studio-based television wrestling show I found it an okay little watch to be honest. Not as good as early-to-mid 2000's OVW TV show, in my opinion, but still enjoyable.

Whatever happened to the Live Action Wrestling show that was on TWC in its early days? Looked to be filmed in a film studio somewhere, with guys like Rick Steiner and Buff Bagwell wrestling with very little fanfare and no storylines.

I kind of like it, felt like an old 80s territory.

I really enjoyed Power Pro Wrestling and think I had over a years worth on VHS. Really good charachter based, promo laden TV with some of the WWF development talent like Vic Grimes, Baldo and Mick Tierney (I have no idea what happened to him).

I always thought Brandon Baxter was a really untapped quality bit of talent and would of made a really good announcer or great manager.

PPW also introduced me to Tony Falk, Bill Dundee and Billy Joe Travis so was worth the time!

Yeah, I was getitng 2 promotions mixed up. I think Regal wrestled Bryan Danielson in the promotion you're talknig about here.

they wrestlled in MCW

MPPW main story line was Promotor (Hales, heel) vs Owner (Lawler, face)

great memphis stuff, Gilbert was fired doing a shot on Lawler who said Jerry likes and rapes (I think) 13 years old

mark

• 4 weeks later...
great memphis stuff, Gilbert was fired doing a shot on Lawler who said Jerry likes and rapes (I think) 13 years old

mark

I got to see Doug wrestle live earlier in the year, he's still really good and throws a hell of a punch.

Archived