Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

People can blame Hogan, but they know what they are getting with him. Hogan isnt like Flair. He isnt a mark for the ring, he's a mark for himself. He's there to make money and fuck off to the next venture. If you book a match with HULK HOGAN(!) a few weeks before you stop paying him, he's got zero loyalty to you. If this fucks up in TNA's face, they have nobody to blame but themselves. The fact they've built a match up for a year to take place before Hogan leaves is insane. Now the details have come out about his contract situation, it boggles the mind they would do this kind of build up. Hogan's track record shows if you no longer pay him, he no longer cares. It isnt like he's going to get a WrestleMania payday out of it as well. A tag match at WrestleMania where he does the Roddy Piper 2011 match would be perfect for him, if TNA still want him to wrestle. Hogan did this in a match match last year, and it would have been alright if he had better opponents.

The writings been on the wall for a good 18 months. Once they dropped TNA from Monday nights and Hogan stopped attending the tapings, it was only a matter of time. I think I've been saying this for a good year as well. He's been on mainstream interviews, like he always is, talking about his new fitness program and he never mentions TNA ever. He barely turns up for the tapings anymore. And he only likes a few miles from Universal. His face is on TV, but he's been phoning it in since around the time RVD won the belt.

• Paid Members
As said above it's hardly Hulk's fault. TNA must have been aware how serious his back injuries were. There were pictures on here of him with holes in his back FFS.

He has a voice, doesn't he?

TNA: "Hulk, we want you to wrestle a match with Sting."

Hulk: "I can't wrestle, brother!"

TNA: "OK..."

TNA announces Sting will face Hogan at Bound For Glory.

Hulk: "What the hell, dude? I told you I couldn't wrestle, brother!"

They pulled the plug too early on the Monday Night slot; that's what he and Bischoff were there for, that's what they wanted. They wanted to have a bash at going head to head with Raw, and TNA was the best way of getting to that quickly.

Once Spike and TNA knocked that on the head, as Ian said, Hogan really lost interest.

• Paid Members
As said above it's hardly Hulk's fault. TNA must have been aware how serious his back injuries were. There were pictures on here of him with holes in his back FFS.

He has a voice, doesn't he?

TNA: "Hulk, we want you to wrestle a match with Sting."

Hulk: "I can't wrestle, brother!"

TNA: "OK..."

TNA announces Sting will face Hogan at Bound For Glory.

Hulk: "What the hell, dude? I told you I couldn't wrestle, brother!"

A company shouldnt take a wrestlers word for it. Jeff Hardy had a voice when he turned up off his face. Sting had a voice when he suddendly decided he wasnt turning up at Genesis last year and stayed at home. RVD had a voice when he decided to drop the World title because he wanted to take a few months off for no reason. Hogan had half his back taken out earlier this year. Sting and Hogan were on the poster last year and TNA booked a handicap 3-2 match on the off chance Hogan could wrestle 3 weeks after major back surgury. Its all well and good saying "he has a voice". He did have a voice. It got close to bell him and Hogan lost his bottle and told them all plans were off. This had a massive chance of happening. They shouldnt have been building this up for a year, with a chance of this happnening.

• Paid Members
A company shouldnt take a wrestlers word for it. Jeff Hardy had a voice when he turned up off his face. Sting had a voice when he suddendly decided he wasnt turning up at Genesis last year and stayed at home. RVD had a voice when he decided to drop the World title because he wanted to take a few months off for no reason. Hogan had half his back taken out earlier this year. Sting and Hogan were on the poster last year and TNA booked a handicap 3-2 match on the off chance Hogan could wrestle 3 weeks after major back surgury. Its all well and good saying "he has a voice". He did have a voice. It got close to bell him and Hogan lost his bottle and told them all plans were off. This had a massive chance of happening. They shouldnt have been building this up for a year, with a chance of this happnening.

So who's word should TNA have taken then? I don't get what you're saying or who you're saying is in the wrong.

• Paid Members
So who's word should TNA have taken then? I don't get what you're saying or who you're saying is in the wrong.

I'm saying TNA is in the wrong. Taking a wrestlers word for a situation they find themselves in is the same old story with TNA. If you have major back surgury and a doctor tells you "no more bumps or you'll end up in a wheelchair", the promotion you work for doesnt build a match up for a full year. Especially a match which they had to call off last year. The buck stops with the promoters. They should know Hogan's situation. Especially booking him a few weeks before he's off on his jolly's to the next project or venture.

• Paid Members

I'm saying TNA is in the wrong. Taking a wrestlers word for a situation they find themselves in is the same old story with TNA. If you have major back surgury and a doctor tells you "no more bumps or you'll end up in a wheelchair", the promotion you work for doesnt build a match up for a full year. Especially a match which they had to call off last year. The buck stops with the promoters. They should know Hogan's situation. Especially booking him a few weeks before he's off on his jolly's to the next project or venture.

We'll probably never know the truth because Hogan is full of shit and TNA aren't much better. However, if they've been under the impression that he'd work the match, it's his fault. If they've known for a while then it's their fault for promoting it knowing they wouldn't deliver.

No matter who's fault it is, I'm happy it's off. Let's just hope he doesn't end up back in WWE.

• Paid Members
No matter who's fault it is, I'm happy it's off. Let's just hope he doesn't end up back in WWE.

There's surely no harm lumping in a tag match with some exciting younger talent like Air Boom and structure the match as Ian suggested, in order to get a feel good WrestleMania moment?

Hogan should have known well in advance if he could have done the match or not and shouldn't have let TNA believe he would be there for it. How is that respecting the business or respecting the company you work for? The only way TNA could have been in the wrong is if Hogan has told them repeatedly they can't do the match and they ignored but him but deep down all of you know that's not gonna be the case, you all know too well how Hogan operates. It's all been a complete waste of time on everyone's part. Oh and by all means ship him off to WWE, what are they drawing? 2.7s? Oh yeah send him there for the big schpeel about vitamins and prayers and all that stuff about God that the Americans love all too much. Oh we love Gawd, Gawd's our saviour! I'm so blessed to be alive. Everytime you watch an award show it's im sooo blessed to be here, thankyou ma lord! Thankyee Jesus! What a load of shite. Absolute shite.

Archived