Rob Butcher or Glen Radford?

nfc90210

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Mainly off Glen, Rob didn't carry on for that much longer after I found out about him then he sold his business to GWI

I'm STILL waiting for a tape list from GWI. I sent it ten years ago. :(

I used to get my tapes from a guy that ran www.moonsault.co.uk. He was very reasonable.

I mainly used GWI, I still have the 500 page video list I 1st sent off for somewhere. I think it changed hands at one point though and the last I heard they were opening a shop does anyone know what came of that?

I stopped ordering videos by 2000 and they had started charging for the list as they'd turned it into a news type booklet as well, good times!

Radford - I used to love the bonus footage at the end of tapes. In this age of DVDs and downloads, the world is missing out on half-finished Eagles gigs at the end of Japan shows.

And yes, that handwriting - I wish someone could make it into a computer font so I could use it for all my correspondence!

Rob Butcher - I remember being wary of ordering videos for fear of being ripped off, and being this was before I had a bank account it was money through the post for me also at first. With Rob writing for PS, I thought that if he ripped me off I would whine and rat him out in PS! Extremely laughable in hindsight as Rob was awesome.

After Rob sold the business to GWI I bought one tape off them but the quality was poor, so then starting using Glen. Stuck with Glen until he called it a day and then moved onto Outcast Video. Also purchased from Mo, in his short lived Moonsault Video.

I used to use both-Rob for pre-made tapes/comps, Glen I used more for his custom comps he'd make up....I'd send a list of like 40 or 50 different matches off his list and get a nifty comp of random choices from this list in the post. It was really nice to get the tape and have the surprise of not knowing what was going to be on there.

Also, credit to Glen for putting on some random Manami Toyota footage at the end of one of my tapes when I asked him if he had a clip of the ocean cyclone suplex, as I didn't know what it looked like at the time.

I bought a good few tapes off Rob Butcher and he always delivered the goods (not personally like :D )

I bought the Sabu Walthamstow show and a few other, lent them out to fellow Wrestling fanatics, which consisted of a man my Dad used to work with and an elderly Neighbour lol. I always paid by cheque. I bought ECW tv shows, Cactus v Sabu, Sandman/Dreamer eye Injury angle, after readig about ECW in the pages of Powerslam. The excitement of waiting for the videos passed the time for a fat overweight Teenager in 1993 I can tell you lol.

I still have the videos, always decent quality, locked away somewhere. Most of the stuff you can catch on Youtube now.

What is Rob Butcher doing these days? Did he get a proper job :)

• Paid Members

I went to University in Preston starting in 1995. Wednesday afternoons were lecture free, supposedly for sports. Wednesday afternoons for me were a trip over to Leyland to watch the latest tapes Rob had received. Good good times.

Archived