Anyone Seen This Picture Before - Wrestle Mania VII

Ez Money

• Paid Members
That'll be WM7 - those are some megawatt smiles right there, and Savage looks like he's on crack.

Also, there was that thing about how Savage used to wear gear in accordance with the outcome of the match. He wore white here because he was going to turn face, and he wore gold at WM8 because he was going to win the belt.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That'll be WM7 - those are some megawatt smiles right there, and Savage looks like he's on crack.

Also, there was that thing about how Savage used to wear gear in accordance with the outcome of the match. He wore white here because he was going to turn face, and he wore gold at WM8 because he was going to win the belt.

Anymore examples of Savage's attire matching the outcome of a match? Sounds cool

• Paid Members

Anymore examples of Savage's attire matching the outcome of a match? Sounds cool

He wore brown when he fought Andre in case Andre shit himself.

I could talk about the match all day long. It's impossibel to say which is the greatest wrestling match ever because there are so many variables but this is mine. By far the most beautiful and dramatic match anyone ever had.

As for the photo, I'm going to have to believe that Jack Tunney forced them to be in the photo or else they'd both be fired and forfeit their share of the purse. Warrior's smile is sarcastic, Savage isn't hiding his hatred of Warrior.

• Paid Members

He appropriately wore green the night he made that rookie era of trying to pin Yokozuna in a Royal Rumble. He wore purple at the 1992 Royal Rumble, because he made himself look like a bellend flying over the top rope. He wore black at his Dads funeral. He wore speedos when he appeared on Baywatch. He had a suit for every occassion.

Some really good Savage Wrestlemania matches over the years. Steamboat at WM3 has aged well and M7 vs Warrior still makes for good viewing plus the post match angle was well delivered. I really enjoyed his match vs Flair at WM8 which should have been last on the card. Even his last Mania vs Crush was a good fun match.

Didn't he wear four different colours of trunks at WMIV? Not sure if there was a message there!

Savage is right up there as one of my favourites of all time. He was just simply fantastic and I enjoyed pretty much every match of his that I watched and like Shawn Michaels later on, he could get a good match out of practically anyone. Looking back when I started watching wrestling, Savage was one of the main reasons along with some of the more intriguing characters like Warrior, Jake Roberts, Undertaker and Demolition/Powers of Pain/Legion Of Doom. The child in me liked Hogan but I never got as involved in one of his matches as I did in this WM7 bout and others involving Randy. He might have had his bizarre moments but Savage remained entertaining to me even up until the end of his career, legend.

Presumably those are the only two examples too, because none of his other WM attire makes sense in this context. Unless you count orange trunks at WM5 to match the winner's skin tone.

• Paid Members

Presumably those are the only two examples too, because none of his other WM attire makes sense in this context. Unless you count orange trunks at WM5 to match the winner's skin tone.

Hey, I'm only going off what that infinitely-circulated "sleaze" thread said. Didn't really see much reason to disbelieve it at the time - most of Macho's matches you couldn't really telegraph just with a colour, so the only two you could really do that with, he did.

Archived