Anyone Seen This Picture Before - Wrestle Mania VII

Ez Money

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Taken before their EXCELLENT match at Wrestle Mania VII, here Randy Savage poses with Sherri and oppenent Ultimate Warrior

WMVII.jpg

EZ

one of mine and tiger rick's favourite matches, warrior's atire that night was the best in wrestling history, knee pads, shorts with the title belt "more than this" and his long coat, warrior was a style icon

Might as well talk about the match. Pretty much the match that got me into wrestling, as Mania 7 was the first show I saw, so this was probably the 4th or 5th match I saw ever. Still love it.

"why is he not running to the ring 100miles an hour like that insane fool normally does"

not the best wrestler ever to say the least but warrior involved in probaly 3 of my top 5 matches, i have blind love when it comes to the warrior, other 2 are warrior rude sslam 89 and warrior rude sslam 90

Yeah I only got into wrestling the year before between WM VI & Summer Slam 90. This was just a great match, really was a 'soap opera'. Warrior wrestled a brilliant match at WM VI and one year later he had this terriffic match with Savage. Memories~

EZ

Yeah I only got into wrestling the year before between WM VI & Summer Slam 90. This was just a great match, really was a 'soap opera'. Warrior wrestled a brilliant match at WM VI and one year later he had this terriffic match with Savage. Memories~

EZ

he gets a raw deal off critics but at the end of the day his fueds with taker,rude, savage weren't all good cause of them guys the warrior played his part, he had some good matches with dibiase as well where warrior played his part, just wish he hadnt fucked off at sslam 91, i was so looking forward to warrior vs jake/taker on ppview, it wasnt same after sslam 91 with warrior either

Might as well talk about the match. Pretty much the match that got me into wrestling, as Mania 7 was the first show I saw, so this was probably the 4th or 5th match I saw ever. Still love it.

Exactly the same here. I love this match with every fibre of my being, and can't speak highly enough of Sherri's work during this match. By the end, you were begging to see her take a beating.

"why is he not running to the ring 100miles an hour like that insane fool normally does"

It's the little things like this that added that extra special touch to the match in my opinion. Seeing Warrior NOT running to the ring was so strange, you knew you were seeing something special.....my 9 year old mind genuinely believed he could be taking his last walk.

can't speak highly enough of Sherri's work during this match. By the end, you were begging to see her take a beating.

Sherri was fantastic in most of what she did, be it wrestling, cutting a promo, working ringside or just looking damned sexy.

She played her part perfectly at WrestleMania VII, looking at a defeated Savage with absolute hatred and disgust, berating him and kicking him when he was down. I marked like crazy when Elizabeth jumped the rail and lobbed that heartless bitch Sherri out of the ring!!

A true loss to the sport. No other woman in the WWE today even comes close to how good Sherri was.

Gotta say too that Heenan's commentary really added to the match and post match in my opinion. His 'she still loves him!' about Elizabeth coming to Savage's rescue postmatch still brings a lump to my throat.

Archived