The Greatest Pro Wrestling Stable Of All Time?

David

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Disturbed by the lack of love for the Taylor Foundation though. Great stuff from the start.

Who?

Are you thinking of The York Foundation, which included Tailor Made Man?

Disturbed by the lack of love for the Taylor Foundation though. Great stuff from the start.

Who?

Are you thinking of The York Foundation, which included Tailor Made Man?

Ahh bollocks! Is it too late to edit my post so I don't look

thick as fuck?!

I would say the Horsemen although the 90s incarnations weren't up to much.

The Dangerous Alliance earn points for not outstaying their welcome and being brought back with inferior members.

The nWo probably had the biggest impact but were so watered down over the years that they ruined their legacy.

I never liked DX, the original version with Shawn, HHH, Chyna & Rick Rude were ok I suppose, but the later versions were just annoying.

• Paid Members
The nWo probably had the biggest impact but were so watered down over the years that they ruined their legacy.

Thats going to be a bone of contention for some I think, or at least for me.

When I think of the nWo, it's a real push to think "was Disco in it or not?" or "I didnt care for the silver shirt" or even "they should have let Goldust in" rather than FUCK ME, from inception, growth, dominance, defeat, crumbling and splitting into two, that was two brilliant years of wrestling tv.

I was never really all that bothered about factions. If i liked the individuals in it, i'd probably like the stable and vice versa, but the stable itself made little difference to me either way.

The one exception that springs to mind, where i actually became interested in a load of guys i didn't care for before (and afterwards in most cases), was Raven's flock in WCW. It was nothing cutting edge, they all had the same gimmick of scruffy & unwashed slacker disciples, but it was a good one, and being a big Raven mark i liked the image. It was a great way to make use of a bunch of lower tier guys who would normally be doing nothing.

Other than that, i liked the Heenan family, moreso with Andre and Rude in 89/90. Would've liked it even more if Perfect was with them at that time. And the Horsemen of late 95 w/ Flair, Arn, Benoit and Pillman is a given .

Hart Foundation would be the ones for me although think their run as a five-man unit was short-lived compared to the other contenders (Horsemen, DX, and NWO).

Still, they're my favourites: great in-ring talent, over as a solid unit, most heated faction ever.

RAW in 1997 is as hot as it gets and the Hart Foundation were as critical as anything else to the success the company enjoyed during this period.

Agreed that DX was at its best after HBK left and before the incarnation including the Outlaws and Triple H seperated. Although, they seemed to split and rejoin a fair few times... DX got a bit fucked up in the end. not as fucked as the NWO though.

Evolution for me just aren't at the races because the 15 minutes opening promos and closing beatdowns got pretty fucking repetitive and bored the fuck outta me with Trips being Trips, Flair being Flair, Batista being shit at the time and Orton needing to do his own thing, and often doing his own thing too.

I loved the Dangerous Alliance in old-school WCW.

:thumbsup:

The Heenan Family really did have it all. At one time or another The Brain had Nick Bockwinkel, Ray Stevens, Bobby Duncum, The Blackjacks, Bob Orton Jr., Adrian Adonis, The Masked Superstar, Big John Studd, Ken Patera, The Missing Link, King Kong Bundy, Paul Orndorff, Harley Race, Hercules, Andre the Giant, The Islanders, Rick Rude, Arn Andreson, Tully Blanchard, Terry Taylor, Mr. Perfect, The Barbarian and The Brooklyn Brawler as his Family members. That

• Paid Members

I miss the old wrestling stables, I loved pretty much all of 'em to be fair. Even the JOB Squad and The Union :laugh:

I loved the nWo but like others have said it did get a bit ridiculous in the end, there were just too many members. The 96-97 group were the dog's bollocks though with Hogan, Nash, Hall, Syxx, Savage, Bagwell, Norton, Hennig & Rude etc.

The Heenan Family and the Horsemen were favourites too.

My personal favourite of all time, although they were short lived is the Dangerous Alliance. I never had Sky back then so the only wrestling I could watch regularly was early 90s WCW on ITV and the Dangerous Alliance were the first stable I saw.

Even though they were 'baddies', I thought they were cool as fuck. Paul E at ringside with the phone made them seem really important, you could see they were a big deal. Then the theme music, the flashy robes, Madusa. Plus in the ring you couldn't ask for much better. The Arn Anderson/Bobby Eaton team were quality.

ibHD36KSdYcJx9G.jpg

the theme music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqqLbrwpwT4...feature=related

• Paid Members
Dangerously reading out the printouts of his battle plan before the War Games match in 1992 is probably the high point of an 'evil mastermind' in wrestling.

Oh yeah how did I forget War Games 92?

Man, Paul E was perfect for the evil, sleazy manager role. I also liked the way he'd pop up now and again in certain matches scouting possible new members for the Alliance and talking to some mystery person on his huge brick phone. Classic. We never did find out who he was talking to.

I would say the Horsemen although the 90s incarnations weren't up to much.

The Dangerous Alliance earn points for not outstaying their welcome and being brought back with inferior members.

I never liked DX, the original version with Shawn, HHH, Chyna & Rick Rude were ok I suppose, but the later versions were just annoying.

At times, yeah. I thought that was part of their appeal though. Triple H was a bit of a dick at times but he could be funny when he wanted to, X-Pac was sometimes annoying (shouting, jumping around, etc.) but in a likeable way to the extent it made him pretty cool, Billy Gunn seemed like a guy who thought he was cool but had a strange way of showing it (like calling himself 'Mr. Ass', etc.), Chyna is certainly annoying whenever she speaks but for the most part in 1997-99 (heel and babyface) DX she didn't. I thought it was pretty neat when she did the Sooty gimmick of not actually speaking but whispering something in HBK & Triple H and later Trips and Billy Gunn's ear and then they'd repeat what she said. Road Dogg was pretty cool I thought.

Thats going to be a bone of contention for some I think, or at least for me.

When I think of the nWo, it's a real push to think "was Disco in it or not?" or "I didnt care for the silver shirt" or even "they should have let Goldust in" rather than FUCK ME, from inception, growth, dominance, defeat, crumbling and splitting into two, that was two brilliant years of wrestling tv.

Hey, Disco in nWo was pretty good - added a bit of comedy to the group with a guy who was pretty good at playing their lackey. I actually liked the early 1999 version of the Red & Black probably more than I'd been into them since Summer '97, they should have just used that as an excuse to ditch nWo Hollywood completely.

That silver shirt wasn't bad, really. Just not up to the standards of the ultra-cool 'away strip' style Black on White which is perhaps the best wrestling shirt I think I've seen. That's the one wrestling shirt I always wanted to get and never did and also the one I'd wear in public (even if 99% of the population would think I was showing my support for the Illuminati).

I just think it seemed to go on and on for so long with so many weak members that in the end it stopped being fun to watch for me and expect that is how Hazzard feels

Dangerously reading out the printouts of his battle plan before the War Games match in 1992 is probably the high point of an 'evil mastermind' in wrestling.

Oh yeah how did I forget War Games 92?

Man, Paul E was perfect for the evil, sleazy manager role. I also liked the way he'd pop up now and again in certain matches scouting possible new members for the Alliance and talking to some mystery person on his huge brick phone. Classic. We never did find out who he was talking to.

His financial backers on Wall Street?

His financial backers on Wall Street?

It was like an early version of Deal or No Deal

• Paid Members
It was like an early version of Deal or No Deal

Yeah man Noel Edmonds owes a lot to pro wrestling. He stole his look off Ted DiBiase and the idea for Deal Or No Deal off Paul E. Thieving little shit.

Archived