The Greatest Pro Wrestling Stable Of All Time?

David

We've seen some excellent stables over the years in pro wrestling, with the only one still at the forefront of the business seemingly Nexus, which is a shame.

What do you remember most fondly about your favourite stable, and why do they get your vote?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, I've never seen a great stable unfold as it's happened. I didn't watch wrestling through the Evolution era, and only resumed watching in the closing days of the original Nexus (not that I'm classing them as a great stable).

With that said, I have re-watched enough footage and read enough about the story of Evolution to know that they were a cracking stable and why people rated it so highly. However, I have the Ric Flair and The 4 Horsemen DVD and through watching that and videos on YouTube I'd have to say that they're my favourite stable I've seen footage of.

I think that it'll be between The 4 Horsemen, NWO, (edited to include DX - how the fuck could I forget them?) and perhaps Evolution for the most part.

Whilst I'm here editing I will say that I absolutely loved The Embassy in ROH.

for me I would say the Horsemen, possibly cos I look at them with rose tinted glasses, but for me they were the first mainstream group I was aware of. My favourite would be the second DX, 98-00 on and off, just as thats when I enjoyed a group the most

• Paid Members

Definitely the Four Horsemen. That being Flair, Tully, Ole & Arn managed by JoJo Dillon.

Between the gimmick (which wasn't much in the way of gimmick but how they were), the "bunch of heels watching each others back," the quality of the matches, the quality of the promos, the fact they were usually a hell of a lot cooler than the blue-eyes they were tormenting, they were the fucking balls.

I also have a minor chubby for the version that was Flair, Arn, Pillman and Benoit. Even though they didnt do anything particularly memorable, I marked for them anyway.

Not so much the incarnation that was Flair, Arn, Paul Roma and best I can tell, the fourth Horseman was a maid called Fifi.

They were fucking quality. Filled the Horsemen-shaped void very well. If they'd have had a heel Horsemen in 1994, I'd have wanted Stunning Steve in there so badly.

Wasn't that the plan at one point, except a year later. Or at least that was the rumour in 1995 before Flair/Arn started feuding when they were still teamed together the rumour was the angle would lead to a new Horsemen with 'Stunning' Steve Austin and Paul Orndorff. I think an Austin/Anderson team could have worked really well at that point and would have been better than doing nothing (other than winning squashes and then taking time off for injuries every now and then which is what Austin was mostly doing at the time).

Of course by the time the Horsemen finally did happen Austin was long gone and Wonderful ended up against rather than with them. Had Austin still being there when Nitro rolled around I wouldn't have been shocked if he'd gotten a bit more TV time/Benoit's spot in the gang.

Austin would have been a really good fit for the group, definitely.

Archived