Hollywood's top 40 earners in 2010.....

martyngnr

• Paid Members

Full top 40 here.........

10. Robert Downey Jr.

ACTOR (CAA)

ESTIMATED 2010 EARNINGS: $31.5 MILLION (2009 rank: 28)

$15 million: Fee for starring in upcoming untitled Sherlock Holmes sequel

$12 million: Iron Man 2 (back-end, based on worldwide gross of $627 million, and share of DVD and pay-TV revenue)

$3.5 million: Sherlock Holmes (back-end, based on worldwide gross of $523 million, and share of DVD and pay-TV revenue)

$1 million: Older film revenue

9. Taylor Lautner

ACTOR (WME)

ESTIMATED 2010 EARNINGS: $33.5 million (2009 rank:

• Paid Members
Vince Vaughn somehow got a $17.5million fee for The Dilemma...... :confused:

Going by this pay scheme, someone (no idea who) owes me a good $6m for the 3lb shit I had last Tuesday.

Even though it's good to see the idea men and actors taking a chunk of the profits, it doesn't make those numbers any less horrifying.

Fucking staggering that people think an Owen Wilson performance is worth $8 million.

Never mind him, at least he's had at least one decent role under his belt. Who the fuck is this Lautner guy though? $25mil for 2 of those godawful Twilight films? That is outrageous money. Not to mention Adam Sandler who has done fuck all of worth for a good while.

• Paid Members
Spielbergs royalties from Universal theme parks, I know that alot of the rides are based on his films etc but how on earth do they make enough profit to give him $50m a year?

Are you serious? Universal Studios has approx 50m visitors a year! Tickets are something like 70 Dollars. Then you have the god knows how much revenue is generated from Merchandise, Food etc etc.

Spielbergs royalties from Universal theme parks, I know that alot of the rides are based on his films etc but how on earth do they make enough profit to give him $50m a year?

Are you serious? Universal Studios has approx 50m visitors a year! Tickets are something like 70 Dollars. Then you have the god knows how much revenue is generated from Merchandise, Food etc etc.

But that is just to Spielberg, then factor in the $200m they've paid for the rights to Harry Potter and will be paying Rowling an annual fee. Then what they are paying for stuff like Shrek, Simpson, MIB, The Mummy, Nickelodeon, Marvel etc. Spielberg has barely anything to do with the parks apart from 2 rides that I can think of and he's getting $50m?

Yeah, but just because you haven't heard the name of the actor playing a key role in one of the most successful film franchises in the world right now doesn't mean he's not a big earner. I'm kind of surprised that he's the biggest money out of the Twilight leads though. Maybe it's because he's not in the first one, so he didn't sign a four picture deal before that turned out to be a massive success.

• Paid Members
People like Spielberg or Nolan I can understand but I have never even heard of that Twilight guy.

But you have heard of Twilight....

Maybe it's because he's not in the first one, so he didn't sign a four picture deal before that turned out to be a massive success.

He is in the first one. He just had to get in shape for the 2nd movie.

• Paid Members

But that is just to Spielberg, then factor in the $200m they've paid for the rights to Harry Potter and will be paying Rowling an annual fee. Then what they are paying for stuff like Shrek, Simpson, MIB, The Mummy, Nickelodeon, Marvel etc. Spielberg has barely anything to do with the parks apart from 2 rides that I can think of and he's getting $50m?

Of course the figure is madness, but if they couldnt afford it i don't think they would be paying it. The Universal parks are a multi billion dollar generating revenue stream.

Archived