Unintentionally funny moments in gaming

Mr. Seven

My favourite footy game glitch was on Olypic Soccer on the PS1. I was nearing the final of the olypics tournament and the difficulty level was getting stupid. Surprise surprise my opponents score (I think it was Brazil). The majority of the team are skidding on their knees by the corner flag to celebrate. Suddenly the camera swings back to the centre circle and the whistle blows for me to kick off. The other team are all still on their knees celebrating by my goal as I'm practically one on one with the keeper and score the equaliser. How I laughed!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

One football game, I forget which, had ,I assume, tried to put some kind of advantage rule in, so if you clipped a player and the ref didn't call and the ball was loose no one would pick it up at all, they would just stand there and hover about until you picked it up and the ref called.

My favorite was on Legends of wrestling 2, Terry funk just walked through the barrier and off through the crowed and just kept on walking.

One smackdown had a bit where I jumped of the turnbuckle to the outside as a mate swung a sledge hammer and the animation kicked in as I landed. It looked ace and genuinely got a "woah" kind of reaction from me sad as that is.

Edit: Heenans commentary on showdown legends of wrestling. I know I should laugh but the fact a mate could do a perfect impression was just rather funny.

• Paid Members

I'm sure I remember a footy game on the C64 when I was a kid where occasionally when a player was fouled he turned into a frog and if anyone touched him then he gave away a foul. Either that or someone spiked my Sunny Delight.

I'm sure I remember a footy game on the C64 when I was a kid where occasionally when a player was fouled he turned into a frog and if anyone touched him then he gave away a foul. Either that or someone spiked my Sunny Delight.

I wish football was actually like this, I might watch it then...

Playing WWF WrestleMania on the old Amiga 500, aeons ago. Hulk Hogan vs The Mountie.

I'm giving him a bit of a kicking at ringside, when suddenly Mountie sprints, full speed, out of the ringside area, off the screen - to never return.

After a few minutes of ambling around in vain, I realised he wasn't coming back.

I turned the computer off, bemused by Mountie seemingly taking the old Honky Tonk intentional countout.

Took me years to twig that it was a freak glitch in the game, never to be repeated.

I just found that far funnier than I probably should have done :laugh:

• Paid Members

Something about game glitches give me the willies. Something to do with a fear of machines going wrong probably, but when I was younger nothing sent a chill down my spine more than a Shinobi screen freezing except for my character, or similar.

Smackdown Just Bring It commentary is always funny, especially as it would glitch tons, so as well as been pasted it was wrong.

"I hear... Chris Jericho has a devestating... THE ROCK BOTTOM"

And don't forget Tazz commentating a match that he is in, whilst verbally assaulting himself.

I think the glitch I remember the most is the time myself and a mate were in the middle of a hugely competitive series on Pro Evo 2 on the PS2. Tight matches as always, half way through the second half I hit the bar from 25 yards, usual shouting at how unlucky it was, but this time it really was unlucky. The ball stuck to the crossbar, and then the goal disappeared, cutting to a view of the goal hovering about 200 foot above the stadium and into the floodlit sky. Commentary went dead, just crowd noise and the ball still stuck to the fucking bar.

Anyone remember which footy game it was where if you scored an O.G., you got the goal given to your team. I'm thinking something dire like Euro '92 on the

That indeed was Euro '92. One of the worst games ever. The control was so bad that it was just as hard to score an own goal than it was to score at the correct end.

Archived