Unintentionally funny moments in gaming

Mr. Seven

Mostly all from Fifa, the two were from Fifa in the great days of the Sega Megadrive, Fifa 95 with Erik Thorsvedt on the front cover.

I'm playing my brother and one of my players goes on a maze up into his half and unleashes a shot that's little more than hopeful however his keeper then proceeds to inexplicably start to run away out of the goal towards the side line and into the advertising boards as the ball sails into the empty net. Prompting me to start laughing and proclaim ''your keepers gone for an ice-cream'' meaning that ever since that day any time a keeper ever comes flying out of his goal leaving an empty net for the ball to be slotted into, my brother or I announce that he's ''gone for an ice-cream''.

Also Fifa 95 my brother took a goal kick which somehow managed to bounce once then sail over the head of my goalkeeper and nestle neatly into the back of my net, prompting wild celebrations from him...only to realise that the game had crashed and it counted for nothing.

On a later Fifa, possibly 98 or RTWC '98 an excellently timed pause as the commentator was midway through saying ''Arsenal'' resulted in a glitch of him repeatedly saying ''arse, arse, arse, arse, arse, arse, arse, arse, arse, arse, arse'' until play was resumed, which resulted in a serious childish laughter.

Also playing Virtua Fighter on the Sega 32X my brother pulled off some insane button bashing one time ever seen move with Jeffrey resulting in my character being thrown not only off of the fighting platform, but the screen altogether and the game crashing.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My mate was playing a Champ Man game a few years back and he was playing as Wolves. He was up against Arsenal who in his save had just signed Dennis Irwin.

For some reason, the computer put Irwin in goal instead of an actual keeper.

FINAL SCORE : Wolves 42-0 Arsenal.

Mario Kart on N64, character select screen.

If you highlight Donkey Kong, and select him he does this wave to his head. And then when it says 'OK?' we used to unselect.

Do this repeatedly and it looks like Donkey Kong is doing the dickhead motion over & over. Which is/was hilariously funny, for a short while.

Also at uni, final year, final week, I hadn't beaten a housemate at No Mercy all year. He was Benoit, i was Cactus Jack & was pummeling him, I was loving it, just waiting for 1 or 2 more specials for the pin/submit.

Then sodding Chyna came down to ringside, sprinted after me & gave me a couple of 'special move' powerbombs which drained all my momentum & I lost. Those f'ers that interfere always seem have tons of specials ready to use right away.

Cue mad celebrations from him for staying unbeaten all year, and me curse a game like never before. He found it unintentionally funny, i didn't. :dickin:

• Paid Members

Happened on Pro-Evo Soccer 4, I think, for the PC. Computer hits a shot and it does a "Geoff Hurst" and bounces on the line, thing is is that it kept on doing that. One of my players tried to clear it and it couldn't. The ball just kept on bouncing off the underside of the bar onto the line and repeating. Rather odd. I had to exit that particular game.

I also remember I played some foreign mob on Football Manager 2009 who had an "Arce" and a "Scroat" in there team. I found it funny.

Pro Evo 3 this time. Was playing my mate who always beat me (I didn't have the game) when I launched a free kick from inside the centre circle, it hit the crossbar, hit a defender and went in the goal. I was ecstatic but my mate was livid but I didn't care. I made him save the goal too but when I went round the next week it had 'accidentally' been deleted.

Same friend, SD Vs Raw 1. Royal Rumble and it comes down to me, him and Triple H. Trippers decided to climb to the top tumbucke and then for some unknown reason does a flying axhandle to the outside!!! To no-one, eliminating himself. Utterly bizarre, never saw that happen ever again.

Archived