The Super League STARTS HERE!

Toga

Thank fuck its that time of year again and there is some proper sport on the TV!!!!

Who you all fancy for this years honours?!

Be nice to see ma boys the bulls do well this year with a pre-season clear out and change at the top!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wigan will dominate this season they were great last year now they have that little bit of experiance in winning the league it'll stand us in good stead i reckon we'll hammer saints tonight

so much for that hammering eh hitman? how the hell did you manage to blow a 16 point lead in so little time?

• Paid Members

Fucking calamity. Conspired to nearly lose at the end too, I thought that kick was going over. They really should have pushed on and put a heftier lead on the board before half time. Defence must have been on the crack in the break.

No it wasn't dodgy decisions at all. You lost because you weren't good enough. Bradford suffered the same way Hull did. All guns blazing and not fit enough to keep it up.

Rugby is an 80 minute game, and not enough sides play for it. Leeds superior fitness showed in the second half.

• Paid Members

Dire opening yesterday. Combination of blowing ourselves out in 20 minutes and the brilliance of Michael fucking Dobson. Lack of discipline is a problem for Hull too. Can't tell you how many times we let teams into games with stupid penalties in our half.

Signed Sam Obst today. Decent signing at half back, gives us a bit of cover and some imagination hopefully. I think Rovers will have a good season, especially if Willie Mason finally arrives. I did think we might too but yesterday was massively dissappointing.

No it wasn't dodgy decisions at all. You lost because you weren't good enough. Bradford suffered the same way Hull did. All guns blazing and not fit enough to keep it up.

Rugby is an 80 minute game, and not enough sides play for it. Leeds superior fitness showed in the second half.

you're joking right?

even if we say it was a penalty try (which im not convinced by) there is still the Brent Webb knock on by his own line in the lead up to Burrow's try that wasnt given, and a supposed knock on by Chev Walker when Ah Van touched down. Walker wasn't playing the ball, he wasnt even looking at it, that wasn't a knock on. we would have won the match had those 2 decisions being given the right way.

you're joking right?

even if we say it was a penalty try (which im not convinced by) there is still the Brent Webb knock on by his own line in the lead up to Burrow's try that wasnt given, and a supposed knock on by Chev Walker when Ah Van touched down. Walker wasn't playing the ball, he wasnt even looking at it, that wasn't a knock on. we would have won the match had those 2 decisions being given the right way.

No I'm not joking, why would I joke. It was obvious.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Bump.

I'm a Crusaders season ticket holder, and suffice to say this season isn't going to plan. After our brilliant game at the Magic Weekend, with the supreme creative skills of Schifcofske, Sammut and Witt it's starting to come apart at the seams a bit. As of late we've only been playing in the final quarter of the match. Also, three of our players are still in Oz. I don't know where it's going wrong, because we do have some terrific players who make things happen like the afore mentioned three (Schifcofske's trick dropouts and kickoffs are a thing of beauty), and Tony Martin is a really steely defensive player (even if I did accidentally ignore him outside Sainsbury's the other week and felt like a cunt all day for it), we really need to get to zero points. And after how optimistic I was after last season and Magic Weekend, I'm now starting to worry. Also, our only home game this season against the Bulls only had an attendance of 2,500. Granted, it was a Sky game and Wales played Italy that day ending about 30 mins before Crusaders kick off, but after last years great performance and quality attendances averaging somewhere about 5-6,000 I really thought we could build on that.

And Willie Mason is a fucking beast. Love to see him and Alfie have a tear up.

• Paid Members

Interesting league table right now. Hudderfield look the real deal. Cas have started strongly and Harelquins have had a couple of great results. It really is anyone's league at the moment. Be nice to see that too because for all the teams who've flirted around the top of the table in the past 15 years, it's still always been obvious which 2 of Leeds, Bradford, Wigan and Saints would dominate.

Hull are fucking dire at the moment. I can't believe how bad the start has been. Agar is the luckiest bloke in the world to still be sitting in that seat.

Hull are fucking dire at the moment. I can't believe how bad the start has been. Agar is the luckiest bloke in the world to still be sitting in that seat.

Its still too early in the season to thinking of sacking him, but the result yesterday won't do him any favours either. Wigan down to 12 men or the last 12 minutes and FC conceded the match winning try. But its the usual knee-jerk reaction that Hull FC fans give when on a poor run: Agar has to go, the board has to go etc. Give them time and FC will be up in the right half of the table.

Over on my side of the city, its great to see KR getting back to winning ways. OK, it was against Crusaders, but a win is a win. And great to finally have the Willie Mason saga put to rest and have him playing. Once Dobson is back from injury and running plays with Blake Green (who has got off to a flyer in Super League), with Joel Clinton back from injury soon also, hopefully the ball will start rolling

Archived