The Super League STARTS HERE!

Toga

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who do you replace him with, Nobby isn't interested, Kear is sewn up and won't ever work with Rule or Hetherington ever again and there are no Aussies floating around either. Royce Simmons was the best bet last season but Hull wouldn't want him back [the older fans] and he's taking his time with Saints.

Not just who you replace him with, considering the underlings at the club like James Webster are proven not to get it done at that level, good secondary coaches but not leaders [like Agar]. It will cost an arm and a leg to get rid of him as he's signed a two season extension at the club. So there's

Here we go again, this weekends games(odds from Paddy Power based on no handicap):

FRIDAY 25th:

* St Helens (2/9) vs. Bradford (3/1)

* Wigan (8/13) vs. Warrington (13/10) SKY GAME

SATURDAY 26th:

* Catalans (2/7) vs. Salford (13/5)

* Hull KR (6/4) vs. Huddersfield (1/2) SKY GAME

SUNDAY 27th

* Castleford (2/9) vs. Crusaders (3/1)

* Harliquins RL (11/10) vs. Hull FC (8/11)

* Wakefield (4/1) vs. Leeds (1/7)

Ive gone with Wigan, St Helens, Catalans, Castleford, Harliquins and Leeds

* Wigan (8/13) vs. Warrington (13/10) SKY GAME

Ive gone with Wigan

so much for your prediction, fantastic win for the wolves. my dark horse pick for the title this season

I only prediction I truely care for each week is Hull FC losing

Ah well, 1 out of 2 tonight. I didnt see the game myself, but Id have thought Wigan would have the edge with the home advantage.

Wolves will go far assuming they dont pick up any major injuries

• Awards Moderator

Could somebody quickly please explain Rugby League to me, before 6:45pm? It's my mate's birthday and his choice of night out is to go and watch St. Helens (at Widnes?). Christ knows why. Anyway, I have no clue what the hell goes on in a game and am convinced they just make it all up as they go along.

I'm not after an in-depth, rule-by-rule breakdown; just give us a few clues about what the fuck is going on. I know they have six goes with the ball each. That's about it.

Hurry!

p.s. would be good if someone can drop a few pearls of wisdom in here for me to repeat at the game and pass off as my own.

• Moderators

Mention Widnes getting a Super League license in order to show off. Mention how great the players Jonathan Davies and Martin Offiah (Pronounced O'Fire) were for them in the 1980's, and it's good to see them back in the top flight.

Also, point out that Keiron Cunningham is a huge loss for St Helens now he has retired.

• Awards Moderator

Me too. St. Helens is a shithole and the majority of people I've met from there resemble characters from the kids' show Trap Door.

I'm glad it's being played in Widnes instead of Knowsley Road, too. I haven't had my jabs.

Also congrats to any Widnes fans, one of the sleeping giants of the game, always enjoyed my trips down to Naughton Park as a nipper, like the Stobart as well [still not the same though]. Unlike your local rivals never any trouble unlike at Wilderspool.

• Paid Members

quick question...

how popular is Rugby League up north?

me and a buddy had a conversation about it when we were in Liverpool not long back, i'm from South Wales so it's all Rugby Union where i come from. There was a period when the Welsh RL side were doing pretty well when i was growing up and it seemed to be taking off, but i hear nothing these days. I know the majority of the League sides are based up north but is it basically the main form of Rugby up there? like, do kids play League in schools and stuff?

I find it weird how the two halfs of the country follow two different codes.

Archived