Post a picture of someone who describes what being The Man is

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't agree with Christian Bale, but Patrick Bateman as an entry is alright by me!

Patrick Bateman is fine and worthy of inclusion, but someone has just posted Bale in his out of character self. What a prick he is.

The best shouts so far have been Lemmy, Bill Duke and Gene LeBell.

• Moderators
I don't agree with Christian Bale, but Patrick Bateman as an entry is alright by me!

Patrick Bateman is fine and worthy of inclusion, but someone has just posted Bale in his out of character self. What a prick he is.

I'm not so thrilled that the thread's being stunk up with a load of stupid Football Men, personally.

I'm not so thrilled that the thread's being stunk up with a load of stupid Football Men, personally.

Deal with it. Zinedine Zidane dripped cool, I don't care what anyone says. A lot moreso than say Tom Selleck or Ric Flair, who don't belong here at all.

GTFO - Tom Selleck is more "The Man" than any footballer could possibly hope to be. No rolling around on the floor pretending to be hurt, or headbutting someone in the chest for a real man.

Ric Flair wasn't the fucking man in his heyday?! Get the fuck out!

I wasn't really born yet during his heyday, and neither were you; so to me, he is just a peroxide blonde chancer who stole someone else's gimmick, had over-rated and bloated matches and disgraced any legacy he may have built up by embarrassing himself on a weekly basis to this day. I could rhyme off about ten cooler wrestlers let alone ones who constitute being "the man".

• Paid Members

I wasn't really born yet during his heyday, and neither were you; so to me, he is just a peroxide blonde chancer who stole someone else's gimmick, had over-rated and bloated matches and disgraced any legacy he may have built up by embarrassing himself on a weekly basis to this day. I could rhyme off about ten cooler wrestlers let alone ones who constitute being "the man".

He was stolen at birth, narrowly survived a plane crash that almost negated his entire career and worked two different shows in two different companies in the same night several times. He's also one of very few people who could do his thing for an hour straight without knackering or looking like a brainless gimp, and - this is the important bit - he could make everyone he fought with look a million bucks, especially people who really shouldn't have shared the same ring as him.

That's (a portion of) why Flair was/is The Man. He's opinionated, and shite with money, yes, but even during the early Nitro days Ric was still giving as good as he could in the 'heyday'.

• Paid Members

Deal with it. Zinedine Zidane dripped cool, I don't care what anyone says. A lot moreso than say Tom Selleck or Ric Flair, who don't belong here at all.

Come on! I agree with you, Zidane should be in here.

But Tom Selleck & Ric Flair are on the board of directors as far as I'm concerned. They are 'man' personified.

He was stolen at birth, narrowly survived a plane crash that almost negated his entire career and worked two different shows in two different companies in the same night several times. He's also one of very few people who could do his thing for an hour straight without knackering or looking like a brainless gimp, and - this is the important bit - he could make everyone he fought with look a million bucks, especially people who really shouldn't have shared the same ring as him.

That's (a portion of) why Flair was/is The Man. He's opinionated, and shite with money, yes, but even during the early Nitro days Ric was still giving as good as he could in the 'heyday'.

I don't really want to turn this good thread into a workrate discussion, but I can agree with you that Flair's conditioning was amongst the best. I am not saying he was talentless or lucky to get where he was; I just don't see the fuss. He could bump and work long matches but I think his matches are repetitive (everyone has signature spots, but Flair matches seemed a lot moreso than any other top stars). For being the "man", Shawn Michaels surely eclipses Flair.

Archived