IPW Sittingbourne Spectacular 2011, Sun 15th May 2011

Andy

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy shit, does that card look good. I can't make it to the NOAH shows this weekend so I can't thank you enough for putting this amazing card together on a day I can attend.... and you even put James Mason on the card, like I've been on about more than once. I may pee my pants on Sunday, I'm looking forward to it that much.

IPW IPW IPW!

Yes tickets will be available on the door as BigBennyHG said the show will be over by 8.30.

To anyone who's thinking about coming all I can say is come out and support us we wont dissapoint and I promise we shall continue to put on great cards like this! But we can't do it without your support! :thumbsup:

What time do doors open out of interest?

Doors open at 5.00... all 1st & 2nd row seating is allocated. Everything else is first come first served. An update about ringside availability is to follow tonight!

Apart from morishima can someone tell me what the japanese guys are like?

Never heard of them before!

Atusushi Aoki and Kotaro Suzuki are both Jnr Heavyweights. Suzuki is in fact NOAH's current GHC Jnr Heavyweight Champion.

Aoki, the last time he faced Redman, was a mat based, technical wrestling machine. But now he's developed and coming into his own character a lot more, and has upped the aggressiveness and the power in his strikes (recently finding he has quite the hard head and he knows how to use it) so he really is turning into one of NOAH's best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2p2wxlpJ68 - Aoki vs KENTA, August 22nd 2010.

Suzuki was more of your typical Jnr Heavyweight back in the day, having great matches with Ricky Marvin that wouldn't look out of place in Mexico with the high flying, reversals and counters to the reversals, but since Misawa's untimely death he has now toned down more of the high flying aspect, instead adopting Misawa's trademark elbows to percision blows to wear his opponent out. I personally think he has been NOAH's MVP so far this year defending his Jnr Title against Eddie Edwards, Genba Hirayangi, Katsuhiko Nakajima & Taiji Ishimori. The Edwards match in particular is my favourite non-live match of this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWKzdsRF_VE - The aforementioned Eddie Edwards match, January 29th 2011.

Like I said in the NOAH thread, I usually get chance to write up long pieces on the shows I'm really excited for, but I just haven't had opportunity for the trio of shows this weekend.

But please don't let my brief thoughts discredit how excited I am for this show.

I loved the first Redman vs Aoki match and three years later, I reckon they'll better it. Redman really has moved up to Heavyweight, and Aoki has gotten a lot more confident and his strikes have really come on. I reckon this will be a technical encounter, but I'm hoping it turns into a war as well.

I'm not sold on Haskins vs Guerrera, but that entirely depends on what Juvi turns up. This could be great or amazing at best, just plain average at worst as I'm sure Haskins can hold it together enough before it turns bad.

I want Fish vs Frazier to be a war. I want kicks and strikes, high impact moves and both of them fighting hold for hold desperately. Bobby Fish was one of my favourite Americans from last year with the three EVOLVE shows I went too, so I'm hoping he makes as good an impression as Cole & O'Reilly to win over the audience and for IPW:UK to thing about future bookings for him.

Danny Garnell really is going to have to put his money where his mouth is as a technical wrestler with matches against Robbie Dynamite on NOAH Night 1 and James Mason here. Will be nice to see him outside of the brawls he's had against Stone and Mastiff.

Suzuki vs Scurll may well be MOTN and the Spectacular itself with the form these two are in right now. Suzuki is on the roll of his life and has been NOAH's MVP of 2011, and Scurll came back from Japan a changed man in October and looks to be at the top of his game right now and only getting better. I can't wait for this one.

And then the main event... If Scurll/Suzuki isn't MOTN, this will be with ease. We all knew Morishima vs Mastiff was going to be good, we just didn't know it would be as incredible as what it were. We all knew Mastiff vs Samuels was going to be a fight, and some even thought we'd end up crowning a new Champ then and there. But this match.... Thank you so much for booking it and especially with the no dq, no time limit, elimination match stipulations because I don't think you could get as perfect a match without those stips in place. I'm kinda hoping Sha wins the belt....

I hope No Escape is on sale at the show, and hopefully a NOAH ticket will be good enough as I haven't got a working printer right now!

Good luck with the show today. Despite saying I would come the way I feel today I am going to stay at home. I'm not the greatest when it comes to night driving as it knackers me out and frankly, I already feel pretty tired. So I will pick this one up when/if it appears On Demand.

• Paid Members

Terry Frazier beat Bobby Fish with the rock bottom in 9:52, solid opener, with Fish doing an All Star-esque foreign invader schtick. T-Bone came out and levelled Frazier afterwards, and now Rockstar Spud is here...

Archived