Gillberg's Pro Wrestling Academy

mickfan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I hope the real Goldberg turns up and spears him; thus loosing him the respect of his students.

Let's hope you're not an English teacher, Richie, or you'll lose the same.

• Paid Members
Awful,awful,awful.

The videos of the students training show some terrible execution of techniques.

How the person who is in charge of posting those video clips, deemed that a fitting representation of the gym is beyond me.

He held the Light Heavyweight title for 15 months. Thats representation enough.

• Paid Members
Awful,awful,awful.

The videos of the students training show some terrible execution of techniques.

How the person who is in charge of posting those video clips, deemed that a fitting representation of the gym is beyond me.

He held the Light Heavyweight title for 15 months. Thats representation enough.

He was a jobber at best, and was given the LH title as a pure piss take on goldberg......so 15 months is great, but when you hold a title, and are most likely hired to be directly a rip on goldberg.........it doesnt really show any good light to him really.

Fair dues and all that, but id rather go elsewhere.

• Paid Members
He was a jobber at best, and was given the LH title as a pure piss take on goldberg......so 15 months is great, but when you hold a title, and are most likely hired to be directly a rip on goldberg.........it doesnt really show any good light to him really.

Fair dues and all that, but id rather go elsewhere.

Thats a daft thing to say. 95% of his career was spent putting people over, constantly in work and taking bumps (three things which you need). I think he's got a lot to learn his students. Saying he's just a jobber in a form of entertainment where nobody puts a ball in the net or knocks one out for a 6 is being a bit harsh. Duane Gills was a good wrestler, who happened to look like something one would descibe as a "pedophile" and was pretty small. He was always the stand out jobber, because he was the one who would take the likes of the Steiner Screwdriver and Mables sit-down from the middle rope move. You dont have to be a superstar to open a wrestling school. If you did, this country wouldn't have any.

• Paid Members
Thats a daft thing to say.

Not as daft as suggesting his comedy Light Heavyweight title run means 'owt!

Judging somone on what they did in their career is very silly, whether they were a success or a failure. Teaching is completely different and isn't somthing that comes naturally to a lot of people, no matter how good they were. Some people can know things and not use the knowledge. Some people can know and not pass on the knowledge. It takes all sorts, as they say.

• Paid Members
Thats a daft thing to say.

Not as daft as suggesting his comedy Light Heavyweight title run means 'owt!

The fact he defended the belt twice (once against Luna) and wasnt on TV for 9 months of that, probably meant I wasn't being overly serious. And it was actually a play on Gillberg's legendary "I've been the champion for 15 months" promo before he actually lost it.

• Paid Members
You dont have to be a superstar to open a wrestling school. .

Agreed. But it would be nice if you knew what you were teaching.

As stated, the clips of his students training is FULL of rickets. Not a great advertisement for a Professional wrestling training school.

The school may not have been open long and the video package quickly put together to drum up interest? As after all, those wanting to be professional wrestlers aren't going to scrutinise the clip as you did, being a professional wrestler and trainer yourself. A potential student is going to see, "Hip toss? Body slams? Fuck yeah, I'm going there!"

• Paid Members
Agreed. But it would be nice if you knew what you were teaching.

As stated, the clips of his students training is FULL of rickets. Not a great advertisement for a Professional wrestling training school.

Maybe Gillberg's idea is to send the videos out, so people look at it and realise it isnt a walk in the park and a piss about. He might be protecting the business somewhat, instead of sending out two lads in tracksuit bottoms doing moonsaults and snap suplexes. If they are students in the video, they should be shit. Judging it on one or two videos when the schools just had the ribbon cut isn't fair. I'm sure you more than anyone would know what a pain in the arse running a wrestling school is.

• Paid Members

Im sure he has got alot to teach experience wise, but i was pointing out that his lightweight title run didnt really mean......that much.

At the same time, he WAS a jobber....straight up. That means he could take a decent bump and put people over, that doesnt make him terry funk or anything.

Archived