Gillberg's Pro Wrestling Academy

mickfan

• Paid Members
At the same time, he WAS a jobber....straight up. That means he could take a decent bump and put people over, that doesnt make him terry funk or anything.

Nobody said it did make him Terry Funk. Brian Hilderbrand was a cracking worker, who had respect by the whole business before he died of cancer. But he was a WCW referee. I very much doubt you'd hear many people complain if he offered to train them. Being a jobber doesnt make you a shit wrestler.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
At the same time, he WAS a jobber....straight up. That means he could take a decent bump and put people over, that doesnt make him terry funk or anything.

Nobody said it did make him Terry Funk. Brian Hilderbrand was a cracking worker, who had respect by the whole business before he died of cancer. But he was a WCW referee. I very much doubt you'd hear many people complain if he offered to train them. Being a jobber doesnt make you a shit wrestler.

But being Gillberg doesnt make you terry funk, or even a good worker........it makes you gillberg. Again im sure many get the gist of what im trying to say, yes the experience is a factor but the skill in the ring to then pass on via teaching needs to be there also. He could take a bump, good for him........but should he be running a training school? Maybe not.

• Paid Members
But being Gillberg doesnt make you terry funk, or even a good worker........it makes you gillberg. Again im sure many get the gist of what im trying to say, yes the experience is a factor but the skill in the ring to then pass on via teaching needs to be there also. He could take a bump, good for him........but should he be running a training school? Maybe not.

He did jobs on TV. His career wasn't just what we saw on television. Its like saying Rio Ferdinand is a shit football because if he was any good he'd be centre forward for Barca. He wrestled matches where he actually got some offense in, you know? He wrestled for years, not just on WWF television getting his 500 quid. Wrestling is a work. A lot of the WWF/WWE's trainers were wrestlers who either never wrestled or werent big stars. Does that make Jim Cornette a shit eye for talent?

• Paid Members

He did jobs on TV. His career wasn't just what we saw on television. Its like saying Rio Ferdinand is a shit football because if he was any good he'd be centre forward for Barca. He wrestled matches where he actually got some offense in, you know? He wrestled for years, not just on WWF television getting his 500 quid. Wrestling is a work. A lot of the WWF/WWE's trainers were wrestlers who either never wrestled or werent big stars. Does that make Jim Cornette a shit eye for talent?

You mean there is wrestling outside of wwe? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, we're going round in circles here, im not saying saying his is shit or anything, just he may not be the best guy to go an learn from......from more of a carrear point of view, for example if you wanted a long carrear in wrestling, i doubt many people would care that much that you'd been trained by gillberg. I think i'll agree to disagree on this one, as you've clearly seen a gillberg that i never have. :thumbsup:

• Moderators

You mean there is wrestling outside of wwe? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, we're going round in circles here, im not saying saying his is shit or anything, just he may not be the best guy to go an learn from......from more of a carrear point of view, for example if you wanted a long carrear in wrestling, i doubt many people would care that much that you'd been trained by gillberg. I think i'll agree to disagree on this one, as you've clearly seen a gillberg that i never have. :thumbsup:

Why wouldn't he be good to learn from? People like him, Barry Horowitz, George South and those of their ilk are probably some of the best to learn from. Decent enchancement talents and decent hands who worked the length and breadth of the US and were well respected by their peers and worked in many different companies/territories all having their own particular style and nuances. If you wanted a long career, why not from someone who had work for about 15 years or more? That's a long career as far as I'm concerned. There's plenty they'd know, and I'd say they'd be good trainers. Look at Rip Rogers for example, he's meant to be pretty good a trainer.

• Paid Members
im sure many get the gist of what im trying to say

I doubt that's true, considering how badly you butcher human language everytime you post. I for one, have no idea what the fuck you're dribbling on about, as usual.

from more of a carrear point of view, for example if you wanted a long carrear in wrestling. :thumbsup:

When's your book due out again?.

• Paid Members
Dont be daft. All enhancement talent and jobbers are ever taught is how to bump and take moves. Thats all Duane Gill was taught. Only the likes of Terry Funk get taught offence and actual wrestling moves. Poor Gillberg's still waiting for someone to teach him the Jackhammer.

:rolleyes: Christ

What i meant by the Terry Funk thing, is that its reported that terry funk could make a broom stick look good in the wrestling ring, where as Gillberg (for me personally anyway) can put people over, but in the way jobbers do........losing and taking the bumps.

Im sure he's got bag of road stories and other useful knowledge, im well aware various people are used as enhancement or otherwise, our own leeroy kincade made Kozlov look like a millions dollars when he did his job, but thats the point many other jobbers or whatever can put over guys in a huge way.......where as gillberg would put them over in his way, the take a few bumps and get pinned way.

Again, id rather jsut agree to disagree :thumbsup:

Edit:

I doubt that's true, considering how badly you butcher human language everytime you post. I for one, have no idea what the fuck you're dribbling on about, as usual.

Bloody hell CVD, didnt you once win the unfunniest poster on the ukff once? So thanks for your input.

Im not bringing out a book, as im just stating my own personal opinion........if you want to get to gillberg school and learn from him, thats fine. i was stating that from most peoples point of view on your wrestling CV you might want it to say "Taz's wreslting school " or "ROH wreslting school", but if it said "Gillbergs Wreslting school" i doubt many promoters would be that impressed. Again i might be, and most likely am wrong, but that why we discuss things on here CVD.

• Paid Members
What i meant by the Terry Funk thing, is that its reported that terry funk could make a broom stick look good in the wrestling ring, where as Gillberg (for me personally anyway) can put people over, but in the way jobbers do........losing and taking the bumps.

Is Terry Funk the only person to ever train a wrestler? No matter how you word it or take the "agree to disagree" way out, your talking shite. I'm not mad or anything, its just hilariously one eyed and daft of you to think that just because someone did jobs on TV for the top company in the world, that he doesnt have it in him to train wrestlers. Justin Richards in this very thread is a well respected trainer, and he isnt Terry Funk and didnt wrestler for WWE. Does that make him not fit to train people? Of course not.

• Moderators
Dont be daft. All enhancement talent and jobbers are ever taught is how to bump and take moves. Thats all Duane Gill was taught. Only the likes of Terry Funk get taught offence and actual wrestling moves. Poor Gillberg's still waiting for someone to teach him the Jackhammer.

i was stating that from most peoples point of view on your wrestling CV you might want it to say "Taz's wreslting school " or "ROH wreslting school", but if it said "Gillbergs Wreslting school" i doubt many promoters would be that impressed. Again i might be, and most likely am wrong, but that why we discuss things on here CVD.

They'd be idiot promotoe s then, as I'd see someone who was taken on the road for McMahon doing jobs for a long time and being a good hand for many years, so you know he can get people over and would teach his students the same.

• Paid Members

Is Terry Funk the only person to ever train a wrestler? No matter how you word it or take the "agree to disagree" way out, your talking shite. I'm not mad or anything, its just hilariously one eyed and daft of you to think that just because someone did jobs on TV for the top company in the world, that he doesnt have it in him to train wrestlers. Justin Richards in this very thread is a well respected trainer, and he isnt Terry Funk and didnt wrestler for WWE. Does that make him not fit to train people? Of course not.

Regardless of how shite i am personally at putting my opinion across on the forum, i was generally attempting to back up was Justin said himself:

Agreed. But it would be nice if you knew what you were teaching.

As stated, the clips of his students training is FULL of rickets. Not a great advertisement for a Professional wrestling training school.

You're correct in everything you have said, but i also find it as hilarious ,(as you find me aparently), that you think just because he was in WWE and LH champion for X ammount of time, you think he'd be any good. Would i like to here road stories from the guy, sure that would be awesome. Should he be running a school? Again maybe not, but again that my personal opinion, so the reason why ive been trying to take the "agree to disagree" way out, is that i can see this goign round in circles as you have one view that is fair enough, and i have another........So fair dues to you, but i cant be bothered to keep going over this over and over again, just so in the end you can say "HA HA, i was right then", when to be fair its my opinion Vs Yours, and neither of us is going to agree on anything........so id rather just drop it!

• Paid Members
You're correct in everything you have said, but i also find it as hilarious ,(as you find me aparently), that you think just because he was in WWE and LH champion for X ammount of time, you think he'd be any good.

Did I say that? No. But continue to ignore my points. Its fine.

Would i like to here road stories from the guy, sure that would be awesome. Should he be running a school? Again maybe not, but again that my personal opinion, so the reason why ive been trying to take the "agree to disagree" way out, is that i can see this goign round in circles as you have one view that is fair enough, and i have another

And you wont hear the otherside of it, because you keep banging on about how he was a career jobber, and all he ever did in his entire career was take bumps, which is bullshit. He's a pro wrestler. He did jobs for ONE promoter and that promoter happened to run a wrestling promotion you watched. A lot of wrestlers do things you dont see. If every wrestler lived their lives as they do on television, you'd be seeing topless men in black trunks walking about America yelling and DDTing the till women in Supercigs.

• Paid Members
Bloody hell CVD, didnt you once win the unfunniest poster on the ukff once?

Naw. I just asked to get "unfunny 2010" put on my avatar to impress the ladies.

What does me being unfunny have to do with you talking like a syndrome?.

It's just that I'd expect better from someone who considers themselves one of the most knowledgable posters on the site.

Im not bringing out a book,

What happened to the one you were "writing" about title histories?.

Archived