Gillberg's Pro Wrestling Academy

mickfan

• Paid Members
Would i like to here road stories from the guy, sure that would be awesome. Should he be running a school? Again maybe not, but again that my personal opinion, so the reason why ive been trying to take the "agree to disagree" way out, is that i can see this goign round in circles as you have one view that is fair enough, and i have another

And you wont hear the otherside of it, because you keep banging on about how he was a career jobber, and all he ever did in his entire career was take bumps, which is bullshit. He's a pro wrestler. He did jobs for ONE promoter and that promoter happened to run a wrestling promotion you watched. A lot of wrestlers do things you dont see. If every wrestler lived their lives as they do on television, you'd be seeing topless men in black trunks walking about America yelling and DDTing the till women in Supercigs.

No no, i've heard your point and again i respect you opinion, but what i "wont hear" is you trying to change my mind by telling me im just pure wrong, Im not having an argument with you, just stating my opinion. Again i dont want to have a big argument about this, as you have an opinion of Gillberg that again is fine. If thats how you view him, then great..........really, good for you. I on the other had do view him as a wreslter,( not just a jobber), but from what ive seen of him i personally didnt think that he was very good, but again thats my opinion.

You're correct in everything you have said, but i also find it as hilarious ,(as you find me aparently), that you think just because he was in WWE and LH champion for X ammount of time, you think he'd be any good.

Did I say that? No. But continue to ignore my points. Its fine.

Well you sort of did on page 1, but maybe im looking at the out of context.

And also:

It's just that I'd expect better from someone who considers themselves one of the most knowledgable posters on the site.

I dont actually, as to be honest ive been on the board for a while, and until now havent really noticed that i went about my business on here with anybody paying any attention to my drivel, as i only really ever just drop a post in with my opinion on things,

What happened to the one you were "writing" about title histories?.

:laugh: , why are you interested? That is still on-going, but thanks for pointing that out.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Well, I do wonder why you've not addressed my points about being a good hand who's always in work, and why they wouldn't be a good trainer for a long career.

It's just that I'd expect better from someone who considers themselves one of the most knowledgable posters on the site.

I dont actually, as to be honest ive been on the board for a while, and until now havent really noticed that i went about my business on here with anybody paying any attention to my drivel, as i only really ever just drop a post in with my opinion on things,

Bollocks. They had that most knowledgeable thread on here, and you said yourself you should be on it. So own up and talk like a man of learning.

• Paid Members
What happened to the one you were "writing" about title histories?.

:laugh: , why are you interested? That is still on-going, but thanks for pointing that out.

Get it proof read so all the examples of "could of" "would of" and "should of" get corrected.

I'm pretty sure if Gill churns out jobbers who are half as good as he was then we will get the next generation of wrestling superstars. It will most likely not be on of Gill's jobbers but the people they put over by being good at what they do.

Every time I saw him on TV (oh and note he was on TV ALOT) I couldn't wait to see how he got his ass handed to him. Matches with him usually meant you got to see the full move set of the person you actually want to see. I mean if it was Gill Vs Diesel there wasn't going to be anything other than a perfectly executed Jacknife finish :)

• Paid Members
Well, I do wonder why you've not addressed my points about being a good hand who's always in work, and why they wouldn't be a good trainer for a long career.

Bollocks. They had that most knowledgeable thread on here, and you said yourself you should be on it. So own up and talk like a man of learning.

Butch, im not saying because hes a jobber he shouldnt train people.......i was trying to point out that hes not exactley awesome, and once more, on page one it was pointed out from the promo videos his school looks , well, not that great. I respect that hes a wrestler, who was gainfully employed by WWE for X ammount of time, and he even a champion in WWE. I just personally think, that he wasnt the greatest in ring , (as yes he was a job guy, but others out in the world of wrestling put people over alot more convincingly, and those are the people any young aspiring wrestler should learn from). Either way really again, you have an idea about him, and i have.......so there we go.

I said i should be in knowledge thread, for title history knowledge, not because i know everything about everything. I said that because if there is anything i'd like to think i know abit about, its that; Histories/Unifications/etc. So once the "Ole Anderson crew" have finished trying to make me look like a prick for saying that gillberg isnt the most well equiped to run a training school, (which again if you think he should then fine........great even, i really dont mind, im stating my opinion), we can all move on.

I dont expect everybody shares my view, but thats why we have these discussions.

• Paid Members
So once the "Ole Anderson crew" have finished trying to make me look like a prick for saying that gillberg isnt the most well equiped to run a training school,

Ole isn't making you look like a prick. Comments about 20-odd year wrestlers, who are so well respected they actually were employed longer than some of the headliners of that era and worked in the biggest promotion in the world (and on PPV) then that makes you look like (in the words of Ole) a dumb shit. For being so knowledgable and a supposed literary gentleman, your totally off the mark on this one I'd say. There isnt even an argument for me.

It would appear Bowyo T has tried to hijack this thread "bcoz Gillberg iz shit LOLZZZ1" and ended up looking a prick because whichever way you look at it Gillberg's a solid worker with 20+ years experience and could more than likely get a solid reference off Vince McMahon. Some workers don't need to be champions. Wrestlings all about playing roles. Workers who can bump off the bigger, less talented guys are treat with just as much value as a company's blue chipper.

Gillberg's Pro Wrestling Academy is the place to be!

Arsene Wenger, Alex Ferguson & Jose Mourinho would all happily describe themselves as pants top level footballers.

i.e. there is no hard & fast rule for what makes a good coach.

• Paid Members
Arsene Wenger, Alex Ferguson & Jose Mourinho would all happily describe themselves as pants top level footballers.

i.e. there is no hard & fast rule for what makes a good coach.

Your point is spot on, but Fergie was actually a very good striker.

• Paid Members

Fair dues, From what ive read back, i am actually a bit of a bellend!

Apologies for that, i think the original idea i had got a bit lost in the back and forth (which is my fault), and thus i now look a bit of a cock, so for that apologies everybody. In future ignore me, as i am stupid!

I'll get my coat, and shut up now! :thumbsup:

Archived