Worst tag team gimmick?

champkins

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I remember reading in Superstars of Wrestling in 1993 about a gimmick team about to debut in the WWF called "The Boxing Turtles." Any idea if that saw the light of day?

In the same issue it mentioned some cowboys that came to the ring firing cap guns. I thought "yeah, that'll work."

Personally I fucking hated Men On A Mission. What was their mission, did we know? I hated any wrestler that got by just by being a tub of guts, and these boys qualified. Plus if they were supposed to be from some New York ghetto, why were they so kiddy friendly with their waving and PG friendly rapping? The Gangstas would have mugged, murdered and eaten their fat asses. I hate any rapping wrestler and these guys had "R-Truth heat" for me. Maybe I'm subconsciously racist. And why the fuck was Mabel dressed in a brightly coloured bin bag? They looked like they should have been presenting Playdays. The only time I liked Men On a Mission was when they turned on the aforementioned gay cowboys, then beat up their annoying manager/carer. Then they started having matches again and I remembered they were shite.

On a side note, what was wrong with Kronik? Their gimmick seemed to consist of being big mercenary types who beat people up.

I remember reading in Superstars of Wrestling in 1993 about a gimmick team about to debut in the WWF called "The Boxing Turtles." Any idea if that saw the light of day?

The gimmick was tried out in one or two dark matches, but that was as far as it got. It was long term jobbers Duane Gill & Barry Hardy who comprised the team, and according to The History of the WWE website, they were known as Timmy & Tommy the Turtle.

• Paid Members
i always liked the bodydonnas, worst has to be techno team 2000

They didnt really have a gimmick though, did they? Just a bloody stupid name.

And screw anyone who wants to mess with the Body Donnas. Without Sunny they would have been forgettable at worst, with Sunny they were the best thing about the WWF in the entire decade of the 90s.

sunny.jpg

Hah, that sounds amazing!! :laugh:

Personally I fucking hated Men On A Mission. What was their mission, did we know? I hated any wrestler that got by just by being a tub of guts, and these boys qualified. Plus if they were supposed to be from some New York ghetto, why were they so kiddy friendly with their waving and PG friendly rapping? The Gangstas would have mugged, murdered and eaten their fat asses. I hate any rapping wrestler and these guys had "R-Truth heat" for me. Maybe I'm subconsciously racist. And why the fuck was Mabel dressed in a brightly coloured bin bag? They looked like they should have been presenting Playdays. The only time I liked Men On a Mission was when they turned on the aforementioned gay cowboys, then beat up their annoying manager/carer. Then they started having matches again and I remembered they were shite.

Definitely, i always wondered what their mission was too. Creative really made a c*nt of them - from the raps and sheer annoyingness of Oscar, to the downright hideous attires and sickly sweet goodguy stuff, the MOM gimmick was an absolute crock of shit.

What made it worse was that they already had a perfectly decent name and gimmick as the Haarlem Knights, they could have kept the basics of that, even if they were bringing them in as faces.

i always liked the bodydonnas, worst has to be techno team 2000

They didnt really have a gimmick though, did they? Just a bloody stupid name.

they were dressed like twats from future, jazzed up bill n ted, obviously erik watts but who was other guy, he had look off paul london

Archived