WWE All stars

xear

that tna game is the worse wrestling game i have ever played :(

Have you ever played Wrestlemania: The arcade game or Steel Cage Challenge for the NES?

Its pretty much the same as Smackdown vs Raw. *Does a dropkick to the face* King " takes a shot right to the mid section".

Does anyone still use the phrase

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I think its ok, its basically a simple version of Smackdown vs raw, in all fairness i'm actually surprised just how much wrestling is in the game, from the trailers it looked like just jumping and slammin etc but the game has a good basic range of holds.I do wonder just how long this game will be fun tho, it does look like the sort of game you complete and never play again. Either way i will be picking it up on release

What does it have in common with Smackdown Vs Raw apart from it being a wrestling game? It's nothing like SvR. Thing I had found from playing is you can get beat up by a wrestler once and just watch when it says you need to press the RB button. Then next time you play it you are ready and know when to press it, I have a feeling by the time the game comes out EVERYBODY will know all the points to reverse Warrior and Rey's moves.

Do they really not show an entire entrance for the wrestlers? That's disgraceful in this day and age if they don't, that's like early PS1 technology.

This is more of a 'pick up and play' arcade game, so I don't think having full length elaborate entrances really coincides with that. I always end up skipping entrances on SDvsRaw after a while anyway, so I'm more than happy to just have 'in a nutshell' entrances in this game.

From all the previews i was expecting it be much more like a beat-em-up than it actually is, Much like Svr i find myself getting in a few quike strikes before peforming a grapple, i'm not complaining but its clearly just a simple version of svr

And as for the entrances-how many people actually watch them more than once?

All this talk of what the best wrestling game is bollocks. We all know that no mercy on the n64 was the ultimate wrestling game of all time. It's fact. Sorry. We also know that we need a updated version with hd graphics and the latest roster.

Sadly I imagine it will never happen simply because who owns the right to the game is massively muddled.

WWF Smackdown 2 greatest of all time, painstakingly reaching 6 years with Triple H to unlock everything, the cut scenes you got randomly after 4 years such as the APA and being able to hire them, HHH pedigreeing Foley on a chair with DX, ahh I loved that game

Regarding No Mercy - there are huge amounts of mods and sites dedicated to updates, complete reskins and new rosters, a quick google or youtube and you might find something you were looking for :)

WWF Smackdown 2 greatest of all time, painstakingly reaching 6 years with Triple H to unlock everything, the cut scenes you got randomly after 4 years such as the APA and being able to hire them, HHH pedigreeing Foley on a chair with DX, ahh I loved that game

Regarding No Mercy - there are huge amounts of mods and sites dedicated to updates, complete reskins and new rosters, a quick google or youtube and you might find something you were looking for :)

I know :( But Im one of those anal people who likes thing to be official.

Will have a looksie!

One of which is by me!

That takes me back...

• Paid Members
From all the previews i was expecting it be much more like a beat-em-up than it actually is, Much like Svr i find myself getting in a few quike strikes before peforming a grapple, i'm not complaining but its clearly just a simple version of svr

Again how is it a simple version of SVR? It plays NOTHING like SvR at all, all the buttons are different the way you counter is different. Nothing at all in the game says its a simple version of SvR.

All this talk of what the best wrestling game is bollocks. We all know that no mercy on the n64 was the ultimate wrestling game of all time. It's fact. Sorry. We also know that we need a updated version with hd graphics and the latest roster.

No Mercy is broke did you not know this? :laugh: Anyway Fire Pro Wrestling returns is by far my fav wrestling game. Also the Japan version of No Mercy (no escapes me at the mo) is better, the way you have finishers and then the super finishers are a good addition to the game also.

Got the full game yesterday for review, and i'm really enjoying it. Currently going through Path of the Champion against Taker, it's pretty awesome. It starts off with Paul Bearer challenging you to face Taker at Summerslam, Taker then comes off out a coffin and says his usual spiel, which for some reason is echoed and it sounds lame. You then have 4-5 matches, and get a cut scene of him making a coffin for you, then some more matches and you face him at Summerslam, not done the final match.

Path of the Champion is 10 matches long. Most seem to be 3 or 4 ways, which is a bit annoying cause changing who you're aiming at is a pain in this sort of game because if you hit 1 guy and another guy is near, you hit him too. So likewise, if you're grappling someone, and another guy is close and throws a punch, he'll hit you and stop your attack. Which would be ok, if the arc of their attack wasn't so wide. They can hit you from quite a distance, so when it's a busy 4 way, it happens a lot.

Create mode is REALLY basic this time, but it's easy to see how you could create some good Scott Steiner, Sid Vicious, AJ Styles and a few others. Moves are limited though when doing a CAW, you can only choose to copy the move sets of a current roster member, and then change your finisher to what you want, only 4 of which are unlocked at the start.

Online, Exhibition, and a showdown mode where legends face their modern day equivalents round it off. So with 10 matches in that, and 3 paths of a champion, it seems quite a short game compared to SVR. But it's fun, and really reminds me of the Def Jam games which were OTT when the first one came out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Who got their copy yesterday then? I'm having great fun playing it at the moment, although finisher reversals are proving difficult. Is it the same LS/RS combination to reverse them or is it something different?

My copy arrived on Thursday but I've only had a brief go last night and again this morning, really enjoying it to be honest so far. I've been using Ricky Steamboat and his slingshot into the top turnbuckle is immense! Hopefully this is the start of a new franchise of games, because there's loads of legends they can put in these games, I have the code for Dibiase JR and SR but I haven't used them yet, I also hear Honky Tonk Man is free dlc this month.

The DiBiase DLC isn't available until (I think) April 19th for some reason. When you put the code in, it lets you download something but if you look on the right hand side of the screen just before you confirm the download there's a message saying "this content will not be available until...". I only caught that part just as I pressed "download now" and the screen changed, but the internet seems to think it's April 19th. You can download the characters onto your console but I assume the function to select downloaded characters on the roster screen is going to be added in an upcoming title update in a couple of weeks time.

Archived