• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
So for scotty each year was

Run down

knock some jobber over

Worm

Eliminated

To be fair, that all we've ever wanted from scotty.....although how he could hardly ever do the worm in a tag match, but do it in a ring with about 13 other guys in there always got me. Ive loved the random entrants in the past few years. Last year we had the suprise (for me anyway) of edge, the year before was it RVD? And i think the year before that didnt we get Roddy Pipper and jimmy Snuka? That was great!

• Paid Members

Run down

knock some jobber over

Worm

Eliminated

To be fair, that all we've ever wanted from scotty.....although how he could hardly ever do the worm in a tag match, but do it in a ring with about 13 other guys in there always got me. Ive loved the random entrants in the past few years. Last year we had the suprise (for me anyway) of edge, the year before was it RVD? And i think the year before that didnt we get Roddy Pipper and jimmy Snuka? That was great!

Yeah, 2008 had Snuka and Piper. Oh, and some bloke called Cena or something.

• Paid Members

Run down

knock some jobber over

Worm

Eliminated

the snuka/Piper thing was better for me. Snuka comes out for no apparent reason, Then Pipers music hits. The both sqaure up to each other and start brawling with the whole ring looking at them, it was pure class.

I enjoyed Cenas win, Triple H didnt need it, but i didnt like how they had 2 no.30 entrants win it in a row. But again thats just me!

Really interesting list, cheers Rick. :thumbsup:

The stat I always remember is Glen Jacobs appeared at 3 successive Royal Rumble's as 3 completely different characters:

1996: Dr. Isaac Yankem

1997: Fake Diesel

1998: Kane

And Rikishi competed as 4 different characters (sort of) between 1995 and 2000:

1995: Headshrinker Fatu (from Samoa)

1996: Street Guy Fatu (from San Francisco)

1997: The Sultan (from Iran? )

2000: Rikishi (from wherever)

What about those who were never officially eliminated? I could be hugely wrong here, but like Maven in 2002? I believe Taker threw him through the middle after he was eliminated and beat down through the arena. I'm positive there'll be others though.

• Paid Members
What about those who were never officially eliminated? I could be hugely wrong here, but like Maven in 2002? I believe Taker threw him through the middle after he was eliminated and beat down through the arena. I'm positive there'll be others though.

Piper in 90? Didn't he eliminate Bad News Brown only for Brown to then eliminate Piper immediately after, cue brawl and the 'racist' match at WM5?

Most former WWF/E champs in a single rumble = 10 in 2010 (Batista, Jericho, Punk, Edge, Cena, Kane, Michaels, Big Show, Khali & Triple H)

I don't believe Punk's ever been WWE Champ, 3 time World Champ but never WWE. Great collection of facts though man, good job.

• Paid Members
I dunno if there could be a 'stat' for it, but it'd be interesting to see a list of wrestlers who eliminated themselves. Like Ahmed Johnson and Mil Mascaras both in 1997. That's probably all of them!

This is the list I have:

Andre the Giant 1989

Ahmed Johnson 1997

Farooq 1997

Mil Mascaras 1997

Henry Godwinn 1998

Kane 1999

Drew Carey 2001

Jeff Hardy 2001

Mick Foley 2004

MVP 2010

Thanks for putting this together. Between this and the UKFF Awards, you've done a good job..

Some interesting things that stood out to me that I'd never noticed before that surprised me:

Top 10 Most Appearances

8. Bob Holly (7)

=. Billy Gunn (7)

=. Goldust (7)

=. Jake Roberts (7)

=. Matt Hardy (7)

=. Owen Hart (7)

=. Rick Martel (7)

=. The Big Show (7)

I always presumed Goldust would be second or third or something, the guy seems to always come back in time for it or already be there to put in the match. Same with Rick Martel back in the day - even if he wasn't around you knew he'd still come back for the Rumble.

1. Shelton Benjamin - 8

2. Matt Hardy - 7

3. Shango/Kama/Godfather - 6

4. Bradshaw - 5

5. Honkytonk Man - 4

=. Marty Jannetty - 4

=. Scotty Too Hotty - 4

=. Steve Blackman - 4

=. The Miz - 4

=. The Warlord - 4

=. Val Venis - 4

Benjamin, Matt Hardy, Venis and Jannetty were all workhorse type guys who were put in there to keep the action moving, Scotty and even Miz were treated as comedy characters who you'd expect to just be in and out but the ones in bold surprised me a bit because they are all big guys, Bradshaw in particular is a bit of a shock because he always seemed to get a lot of offense in and Kama seemed to be in there for a good while in that '96 one.

Granted I remember Warlord not doing too well in these but with Bradshaw you'd think it would be basic booking that someone would have had the idea he'd have gotten to clothesline someone out at some point.

I think that Rumble was one of the better ones they've done, Cena's comeback being the icing on the cake. Everyone was expecting Orton/Triple H at WrestleMania at that point (well, we did sort of get it anyway only with an extra man) and so a Triple H win seemed like a safe predictable result after the whole uncertainty of 2007's version (Triple H was predicted to win that before he blew out his quad after which there was actually a lot of speculation) and Cena coming back and winning the whole thing just seemed like a classic Royal Rumble moment.

That Piper/Snuka moment was great as well.

I dunno if there could be a 'stat' for it, but it'd be interesting to see a list of wrestlers who eliminated themselves. Like Ahmed Johnson and Mil Mascaras both in 1997. That's probably all of them!

This is the list I have:

Andre the Giant 1989

Ahmed Johnson 1997

Farooq 1997

Mil Mascaras 1997

Henry Godwinn 1998

Kane 1999

Drew Carey 2001

Jeff Hardy 2001

Mick Foley 2004

MVP 2010

Didnt Savage eliminate himself in 92 going after Jake?

This is the list I have:

Andre the Giant 1989

Ahmed Johnson 1997

Farooq 1997

Mil Mascaras 1997

Henry Godwinn 1998

Kane 1999

Drew Carey 2001

Jeff Hardy 2001

Mick Foley 2004

MVP 2010

Didnt Savage eliminate himself in 92 going after Jake?

No he did jump out but that wasn't supposed to happen so Heenan & Monsoon quickly tried to make an excuse up by saying you have to be thrown out by someone else and Savage got back in.

• Paid Members

Fixed the elimination stats by including multiple eliminations. And a nice new stat to go with it.

Top 10 multiple eliminations

1. Mabel (2007) - 8 men

2. Mabel (1994) - 7 men

3. Fatu (2000) - 6 men

=. Muhammad Hassan (2005) 6 men

5. Earthquake (1990) - 5 men

6. Crush (1994) - 4 men

=. Diesel (1994)

=. Kurrgan (1998)

9. Mick Foley (1998) - 3 men

=. Mabel (1999)

=. Mr. Perfect (1993)

=. Ultimate Warrior (1990)

=. Kane (2009)

It's not impossible to toss big Mabel/Vis on your own. Lex Luger did it in 1995, Yoko in 1996, Fatu in 2000, Cena in 2005 and Trips in 2008. So you can do it alone but there is a Fat Bloke or Superhuman physique requirement.

Archived