TNA 2011 Tour Discussion

pizzazz941

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to TNA in Manchester last night and took a wrestling virgin with me [who loved it].

Firstly we met Matt Morgan outisde the arena who seemed friendly enough, he was huge.

I went to the Coventry show last year and was really impressed with TNA, loads of empty seats though but it wasnt like that in Manchester last night. It was nearly a sell out with only a few empty spaces. Craking crowd aswell , the crowd was into the show all the way through.

We had great seats and i really enjoyed the show , for me it was alot better then the last time i went to the WWE.

Theres something about TNA that always makes me want and go back and see it live where as WWE i doubt ill go again.

The Wrestlers really seem to enjoy doing the shows and put alot of effort in.

The crowd went wild for RVD who has great intro music , Jeff Hardys entrance was imense and to see Ric Flair again was the main reason i brought a ticket if im honest. I dont want to see him wrestler anymore the guys too old but he just had to be there.

I really hope TNA grow in the uk now with this freeview move there never going to get the size of the WWE but it would be great to have that WCW V WWE surprise element back [doubt it ever will but we can hope]not knowing who's showing up on each show etc etc

All in all a cracking show and ill be going again next year

What wrestlers did the fan interaction before the show?

Top show in Manchester last night. Altho WWE generally has the edge for TV for me, I think I prefer TNA house shows. They just put so much effort into them, all the wrestlers interact well with the crowd.

Not a bad match last night. First time Ive been to an event front row, it was awesome. Beer Money, Flair, RVD and Hardyz were the highlights. Liked pre=match where the Hardyz were hiding behind the ref lol.

Fan Interaction beforehand had - Beer Money, Flair, RVD, Mickie James, Rob Terry and Jeff Hardy. Security was a bit of a pain rushing people on, but managed to get a quick photo with them all :-)

At the Fan Interaction was Beer Money, Ric Flair, RVD, Mickie James & Jeff Hardy. Matt was there for 5 minutes but left to "do interviews". JB and Jarrett were also milling about but not signing. I got to shake Flairs hand and tell him it was an honour to meet him and shook his hand. Met Dixie and got a photo too during intermission. The show was pretty good. Matt Hardy has lost weight since he was on TV last. Madison Rayne wasn't on the card for some reason.

This is perhaps a stupid question being as they are charging for a Fan Interaction, but did any wrestlers sign autographs in the arena after the show? I ask because I know at some of the European house shows this has been the case. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Very good show in Manchester last night all around. The crowd was great, most of the wrestlers got big pops and the bigger ones got huge pops. You don't get crowds like that at WWE shows anymore. The wrestling was better than you'd see on a WWE house show aswell so overall, I'll definitely go again. Will start watching TNA properly again when it comes on Challenge too.

Results

Shannon Moore defeated Mark Haskins

Mickie James defeated Angelina Love with Tara as Special Guest Referee

Kazarian defeated Chris Sabin to retain the TNA X-Division Title

Beer Money with Ric Flair defeated The British Invasion to retain the TNA Tag Team Titles

Matt Morgan and Rob Terry defeated Jeff Jarrett and The Pope

Mr. Anderson and Rob Van Dam defeated The Hardys

Brilliant atmosphere last night, seeing Jeff and Matt as a tag team was the highlight for me. The crowd loved Beer Money, even more so than last year when they were faces and super-over. Everyone on the roster was treated like a star and they deserve it putting on quality shows like that one. I hope TNA eventually start touring the UK twice a year as it beats the WWE live experience all around.

• Paid Members

Good fun it was, yelled myself hoarse along with my mates. Had a bit of a sing song too, "they wanted Jeff to go to rehab, but he said NO, NO, NO." Coming out you could still shout "BEER!" into the night and get a "MONEY!" in response as far as Albert Square.

In ring my favourite moment was Kazarian murdering Sabin with that cutter as he attempted the springboard move. The Implant was academic, Sabin was out like a light.

Also the legs and bum on Tara were worth the price of admission.

That cutter was awesome.

Was a very good show, some of the matches were standard house show stuff but Sabin vs Kaz was very good. Beer Money vs British Invasion was pretty great, especially for a house show and along the lines of a very good TV match. Main Event of The Hardy Boys vs Mr Anderson & RVD was solid too - The Hardys worked as chicken shit heels which was fun.

When Jeff Hardy came out it was immense - i'm not particularly a mark for him but I have to admit it was something special.

I was impressed by the crowds too - seemed pretty full to me. Merch stands were really busy too. A lot more adults to kids ratio than WWE shows.

The Glasgow show was about half full but apart from a few seats here and there it looked like the entire floor was sold out and they must have made a ton of money on those seats alone due to the price. It was only really the top tier that was empty but the whole experience was great. The small stage they had and the screens and lights showed they could pull a TV show off over here, they really do make an effort and also we got 7 matches lol. Seems like every other show on the tour gets 6 matches and Dixie did say Scotland had the best wrestling fans in the world and that is also true.

Archived