Smackdown Spoilers

BenPhoenix

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was a great episode considering the writers seemed to have phoned in some of the episodes in recent months. I'm especially intrigued about where this Barrett faction is going - I was a fan of Nexus when they first came onto the scene with Barrett as leader and I think he's excellent in the role of despicable faction leader.

I just wonder what the point of CM Punk's Nexus leadership is though, so far. At the moment the group has been weakened with the removal of the former leader and WWE title contender (Barrett) and former tag champs (Slater and Gabriel). All Nexus has left is the immobile David Otunga, and Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty who, let's face it, haven't got much screen or mic time so haven't really been built up as anything special. Just seems strange to change the leader of the group only to weaken it severely, then start up an offshoot on Smackdown which looks much better.

Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty have had a ton of screen time, what they have not had is many matches. I was of the opinion they should have been the ones to beat Otunga and Cena for the Tag Team Titles a few months ago, instead of Slater and Gabriel.

• Paid Members
Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty have had a ton of screen time, what they have not had is many matches. I was of the opinion they should have been the ones to beat Otunga and Cena for the Tag Team Titles a few months ago, instead of Slater and Gabriel.

In Wade's head, Slater and Gabriel had been with him the longest, they were the proven commodity, so he goes with the pair he trusts to be able to handle it. That's how I see it anyway, and it sort of pans out that they come join him on SmackDown. They were always loyal to Barratt.

In hindsight they'd have been more of a threat as champions if they could have actually won some defences with Gabriel's 450.

• Paid Members

In Wade's head, Slater and Gabriel had been with him the longest, they were the proven commodity, so he goes with the pair he trusts to be able to handle it. That's how I see it anyway, and it sort of pans out that they come join him on SmackDown. They were always loyal to Barratt.

In hindsight they'd have been more of a threat as champions if they could have actually won some defences with Gabriel's 450.

I dunno, the 450 splash has been built up as an absolutely devastating move to me. I think Justin Gabriel will have a really big future with the company when the Nexus II angle comes to a close.

And I agree about Harris and McGillicutty. I hope Punk makes them change their names next, I genuinely think that's part of the reason they look a bit weaker. When people like Skip Sheffield and Michael Tarver return either of these stables could look a lot stronger. Sheffield looks genuinely psychopathic and can go in the ring, and Michael Tarver also comes across as a bit of a nut case, and his mic work is also very good. Punk's Nexus definitely needs a few new, strong members. Perhaps Awesome Kong could join in some way? She'd have that intimidating "Serena" feel about her. Tyson Kidd and Darren Young are two others who could be decent fits, particularly given Young's history with Punk.

• Paid Members
I dunno, the 450 splash has been built up as an absolutely devastating move to me.

That was my point. They should have won matches with it.

I dunno, the 450 splash has been built up as an absolutely devastating move to me. I think Justin Gabriel will have a really big future with the company when the Nexus II angle comes to a close.

And I agree about Harris and McGillicutty. I hope Punk makes them change their names next, I genuinely think that's part of the reason they look a bit weaker. When people like Skip Sheffield and Michael Tarver return either of these stables could look a lot stronger. Sheffield looks genuinely psychopathic and can go in the ring, and Michael Tarver also comes across as a bit of a nut case, and his mic work is also very good. Punk's Nexus definitely needs a few new, strong members. Perhaps Awesome Kong could join in some way? She'd have that intimidating "Serena" feel about her. Tyson Kidd and Darren Young are two others who could be decent fits, particularly given Young's history with Punk.

Yeah Darren Young in Punk's group would be cool, and they must have something planned for Darren Young, or else they see something in him, cause he is still on the payroll and you wouldn't have him sticking around for nothing.

Personally I think Harris and McGuilicutty are decent enough in the ring, so they should be able to carry the workload for the group. Otunga has grown on me though, his promos at least are improving, so I'm hoping his ring work can get better too.

They need to get a big ruckus in the Royal Rumble between both groups because surely its going to be a Wrestlemania showdown between the two factions?

Yeah true, what I sort of meant was they haven't really been built up as too threatening. They tend to just be the ones who stand at the back nodding and looking rather menacing, rather than actually doing or saying anything that makes them stand out.

• Paid Members

Presumably that would involve one of the groups turning babyface? I don't think I want to see that, at least for now. I'm expecting to see Wade Barrett face Edge at Wrestlemania to be honest, and if he doesn't I'd expect to see him face Undertaker, with Alberto Del Rio having the honour of facing Edge.

As for Punk, a match against either Orton or Cena at the big show (providing they manage to avoid a real Cena-Punk match up till then, maybe Monday's match could end up a brutal beat-down ruling Cena out of the Rumble?) would be brilliant. Punk against Triple H could be great too, though I expect Hunter to be facing Sheamus once again.

Has Kofi ever worked as a heel? Because that guy needs something to freshen him up. Listening to him on the mic right now is just death. He's so devoid of personality that I feel like I'm watching a scene from a WWE video game story mode, where the scripts are so deliberately generic that they'll fit everyone. This is unacceptable in a champion of any nature, surely, even if the IC belt isn't of much value right now. He has no character of any description. How is he getting away with this?

Presumably that would involve one of the groups turning babyface? I don't think I want to see that, at least for now. I'm expecting to see Wade Barrett face Edge at Wrestlemania to be honest, and if he doesn't I'd expect to see him face Undertaker, with Alberto Del Rio having the honour of facing Edge.

As for Punk, a match against either Orton or Cena at the big show (providing they manage to avoid a real Cena-Punk match up till then, maybe Monday's match could end up a brutal beat-down ruling Cena out of the Rumble?) would be brilliant. Punk against Triple H could be great too, though I expect Hunter to be facing Sheamus once again.

What's the latest on Cena's injury? I'm guessing the match won't actually happen on Monday, and a beatdown will write Cena out properly?

What's the latest on Cena's injury? I'm guessing the match won't actually happen on Monday, and a beatdown will write Cena out properly?

He's been wrestling on house shows (and wrestled a dark main event after Raw last week).

I don't see how Big Show made Barrett's new group look weak.

Last week Big Show dominated Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes & Drew McIntyre for 10 minutes until Wade Barrett interfered and slowed him down. Show then proceeded to kick out of Ziggler's, Rhodes' & McIntyre's finishers. Nobody complained about this and neither should they, it seems obvious they are just building up Big Show's dominance again. It happens every now and again, like Kane. :)

While 'internet' fans will look too far into it saying 'Barrett's group looks weak!', the intended idea (which I imagine all the kids watching and the casual fans got) was 'WOAH! Zeke is awesome! He took out the Big Show!!'

Perhaps the two Nexus factions aren't going to go head to head any time soon. Maybe Punks Nexus will look to dominate Raw, Barrett's will look to dominate Smackdown and the two factions will collide further down the line for ultimate superiority, possibly at Wrestlemania.

Archived