Smackdown Spoilers

BenPhoenix

I would really love a Tony Chimmel/Ricardo Rodriguez feud to happen now, just thinking about it. Even if it meant having to suffer the dozen daft instaname nicknames Matt Striker applies to both.

I also quite like where the Drew/Kelly thing is going. I would love if it forever continued with this idea of Drew being an unrelenting prick, Kelly showing up, and Drew having to come up with an excuse like 'baby, the blood was on him when I got here!'.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

First Smackdown show I've watched in quite a while and it was pretty great. The Cutting Edge segment was fantastic all around and Dolph is really starting to show some personality at long last. I love Ezekiel Jackson and I'm glad that they have yet to give up on him. Fantastic look and some great offense. Yeah Barrett's music kinda sucked and the whole Nexus 2.0 being taken out by Big Show made them look a bit weak, but Show has made a habit out of fighting off multiple guys at one time so I guess you could argue that he's used to battling against the numbers. Or something like that. It'd be clutching at straws but it does somewhat justify it. Barrett's promo was really good and I hope they continue to push this idea of him being a Ceaser figure. I really enjoy Drew McIntyre's work and I'm glad they've FINALLY given him something new to do after the whole Matt Hardy/Teddy Long never-ending fiasco. Kelly plays the innocent girl quite well but I think it would've worked a bit better with Tiffany, as was apparently the original plan until she went a bit nuts. Hopefully this storyline gives Trent Barretta a bit of a rub too as he seems quite promising.

On the negative side of things, the team of R-Truth and Rey Mysterio is my nightmare come to reality. I skipped the match for that reason, even though I absolutely love Cody Rhodes...which of course meant he was the one who took the fall. He's being majorly underutilized. Speaking of which, I'm sick of Swagger being constantly de-pushed and switching from serious to goofy. He plays the goofy, jock, Biff Tannen style character to perfection so why won't they just let him carry on with that? Also, as great as he is in the ring, I'm pretty sick of Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger. Infact Smackdown's IC title picture looks incredibly dull at the moment as I believe Kofi has had 20 minute matches with like 90% of the roster. It's a shame, as I do like Kofi, but he's just...there...these days. What they should do is start using some of the Superstars crew. JTG is decent, although I'm not entirely sure what his little segment was about, and could be a new face in the IC title picture. If they wanted to go with a heel, Curt Hawkins has been shockingly good since his resurfacing and could do with a push. Alternatively, they could just go with Zeke, which is what they're likely to do. As long as it's not Tyler fucking Reks it'll probably work out.

When is Christian due back again? He needs to start feuding with Alberto asap and save him from the dreaded Rey Mysterio/R-Truth combination. Perhaps he'll return at the Rumble and eliminate him or something.

Also, where the hell has Kaitlyn gone!? :angry:

Another good Smackdown, seems like it might've turned a corner the last couple of weeks.

The Cutting Edge did a decent job of setting up the main feud, but I'd like to see both sides more involved throughout the show. Next week should have Dolph/Vickie and Edge appear in several backstage segments leading up to whatever the main event is (probably a tag match).

I didn't care for the meaningless tag match, although I enjoyed the paint-by-numbers verbal battle before it. Alberto was on good form. I don't hate R-Truth like a lot of people on here do, though him and Del Rio's mini-feud has gone on at least two matches beyond my interest threshold now. It all seemed like pre-Rumble water-treading as well, just giving Mysterio and Dathing Cody something to do.

The big story is Barrett's new group, and I thought that came off really well. Yes Big Show dominated most of them, but that was a perfect setup for Zeke to get involved and show everyone what you call domination. I don't like Barrett's new music and was shocked that he got the kind of generic entrance video that Tyler Reks and Tyson Kidd get, but that's by the by. Having a new faction to shake up Smackdown is a very good thing.

Especially for Kofi Kingston. Fuck him wrestling Swagger again. He desperately needs fresh opponents and actual storylines. Getting into a ruckus with someone from the Barrett group has to be a bonus for him.

I really like the possibility of Trent Barretta as the new 123 Kid as well. Hopefully he doesn't just get squashed next week and then forgotten again. He should get a win over Swagger.

I don't know why, but I quite liked Wade's music. Everything about it should make me hate it, but I didn't. Very strange.

Zeke looked like a fucking monster and, even though I was disappointed in his 'face' run, he got an awesome fresh start as a heel. And, perhaps, he could get an even bigger face rub in future if he turns on the group. Who knows. I'm liking his potential at the moment.

• Paid Members

The promo Zeke got before he showed up where it was just him going "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" and destroying people is possibly the greatest "is coming" promo I've ever seen.

Seeing Kozlov in the 'From The Vault' match made me miss his awesome headbutts. He doesn't do them quite enough these days.

Though I guess the trade-off is that he's far more entertaining personality-wise now.

I quite like the FTV segments when they put something random in. Seeing Vickie in last week's one actually made me think she's pretty hot now. Strange.

Did anybody else notice how the look of the show had changed? I don't know the correct terminology for it, but the picture didn't look as glossy, it looked more like Hollyoaks or TNA's backtage stuff, does that make sense? Anyway, I thought it made it look really good too.

I also agree with the positive remarks as well, best Smackdown in absolutely ages. It's been absolutely dire the last year or so.

Did anybody else notice how the look of the show had changed? I don't know the correct terminology for it, but the picture didn't look as glossy, it looked more like Hollyoaks or TNA's backtage stuff

The effect is called 'filmising'. I really didn't like it. Incidentally though, the SD repeat this aft (Sat) wasn't filmised, it just looked as it normally does.

• Paid Members
I really like the possibility of Trent Barretta as the new 123 Kid as well. Hopefully he doesn't just get squashed next week and then forgotten again. He should get a win over Swagger.

I wonder if they're planning on pairing Barretta and Kelly, whilst keeping Drew as the bad guy?

As noted, another good episode of Smackdown this week. In particular, I thought Big Show, Wade and Drew all looked great, I get the feeling that Smackdown will be more condusive to helping Wade's ongoing improvement as a wrestler. Hope I'm right, he was on top form against Show, who himself took a pretty awesome bump from that Zeke clothesline.

I wonder if they're planning on pairing Barretta and Kelly, whilst keeping Drew as the bad guy?

Would that lead to a pre-taped seg where Kelly and Trent are playing Guitar Hero?

Archived