Smackdown Spoilers

BenPhoenix

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This episode of SmackDown excites me. Can't wait to watch it.

Dolph vs. Edge has a lot of potential and could really solidify Ziggler as a main eventer.

I expected Gabriel and Slater to join Wade on SmackDown after watching Raw. But the addition of Zeke has added a new dimension to it.

Also delighted to see Trent Barreta getting a win on TV, albeit over Drew McIntyre who I think should be doing better.

Also delighted to see Trent Barreta getting a win on TV, albeit over Drew McIntyre who I think should be doing better.

Agreed, Trent is a great talent.

Although reading this reminded me how, upon hearing that Drew, Sheamus and Wade had been signed in 2007 I fully expected Drew to do the best of all 3, being the best worker and most charismatic of the 3 in my opinion.

Shows what I know.

Really happy and excited to see Barrett joined again by Slater and Gabriel and the addition of Jackson seems pretty cool too as it adds the big muscle to the group. I honestly thought Slater and Gabriel would just drift off into Tag Team divison obscurity together but really hoped they'd rejoin Barrett with a splinter Nexus group on Smackdown and this is looking very promising now. The addition of Jackson keeps the angle fresh too as does having them on a different show full of different talent. For me the big story in WWE was Nexus and that is why I've enjoyed tuning into Raw every week to the point now where I just can't miss it and now to have a seperate splinter group on Smackdown to rival Raw's Nexus has got me interested even more as I won't want to miss Smackdown now and it has me wondering if the two groups will eventually face off with each other.

Punk, Otunga, McGuillicutty & Harris vs. Barrett, Gabriel, Slater & Jackson could be an interesting rivalry and with the possible addition of one or two more faces and the returning Sheffield and Tarver a feud between the groups could be great. I do remember Tarver being kicked out of Nexus when Cena beat him up though so I'm not sure if he'd be a part of it upon his return.

This Nexus storyline must be good for WWE merchandise and ratings wise if they are putting so much focus on Nexus on Raw and now having a reunion of Barrett with two original Nexus members and a new addition on Smackdown. I hope this storyline goes on for a good lengthy period of time now.

• Paid Members
Sounds fun, though for some reason or other I hope they keep Drew McIntyre as a babyface.

??????????

Did I miss something? Did McIntyre turn?

I'll mark through the roof if Wade Barrett calls his faction "nEXUs Wolfpac" and replaces the yellow on the Nexus symbol with red :omg:

Not that it will happen.

275px-WWE_Nexus_logo-1.gif

I can dream :(.

• Paid Members
Sounds fun, though for some reason or other I hope they keep Drew McIntyre as a babyface.

??????????

Did I miss something? Did McIntyre turn?

Yes and no. His Kelly Kelly storyline has had him play a more "blurred" character. He saved her from LayCool last week, so I don't know if that would constitute an official turn or not.

I quite like this idea of him struggling to change who he is, if that's what they're trying to do.

• Paid Members

Good show for me. Dolph is already starting to get more mike time as a result of this feud properly kicking off and to me he looked right at home. They played up Vickie's history with Edge and it does give people a reason to care about the feud. I'm guessing they'll play up to Edge's previous neck problems too what with that last shot to the ring steps. Dolph taking out Edge and then making out with Vickie made him look like such a sleazy bastard and I thought it worked a treat.

As for Nexus 2.0, I think they were actually made to look a bit weak (minus Jackson). Big Show basically took all three of them out easily before Zeke nailed him with that clothesline. If I'm being really pedantic, why would Jackson surround himself with those guys and basically act as Barrett's lackey when he basically just took out Big Show single handedly? Even so, This group has real potential and I like the look of them more than Punk's Nexus on Raw. Barrett's new music was a bit shit though. What they now need are some badass sunglasses and a cool catchphrase and they are on to something.

Is it just me or is the camerawork more...cinematic?

I hate the effect. Really annoying.

There's like, four frames per second. Why?!

Feels like I'm streaming it online. In 1999.

Archived