new wrestling autobographies?

kamicazze

i was just wondering whos autobiographies could tell the honest truth and good stories about a career. Obviously people like undertaker and triple h would beat around the bush too much when it comes to certain subjects. Nash and Hall stretch the truth too much. Using brets, Hbk's, foley's and jerichos as the standard i think Rvd would give a quite honest account although it would most likely be ghost written. Also Raven is a very intelligent guy and im sure he could write it and give some fairly intriguing stories. Maybe scott steiner aswell, but then again im pretty sure wed have a mixture of bullshit and honest truth with him

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure DDP already has one.

He does. Positively Page. It's not all that.

I am very much looking forward to Jericho's second book and The Road Warriors one written by Animal.

As for who I would like to see write one? Vince McMahon and Mark Callaway. Cannot see it happening though.

A Jake Roberts one would be awesome. When you think this is a guy who went from the territories to WWF in its heyday to WCW and then even ended up on the dregs of the British circuit. Only thing is - could he remember?

I'd love to see a proper McMahon book, but can't see it happening. Otherwise there's not many I can think of. A better Arn Anderson would be nice as his 'Behind the Curtain' was a bit poor. How about Michael Hayes? Or even James 'Kamala' Harris - he's a bit of a journeyman.

Jeff Jarrett is a good shout. As well as having grown up in the business and having worked for both major companies during the Monday Night Wars, he can also talk from the perspective of both wrestler and promoter. If he were so inclined to write about it, it'd also be interesting to hear his side of the story on what went on with both Steve Austin and Kurt Angle.

Also, as I said the last time this thread came up, the Undertaker and Jim Ross would be potential goldmines, but I'd prefer them (particularly the latter) to be written when out of the WWE system and free of political considerations. I tend to find a lot of books written by wrestlers still working for the WWE or holding out hope for future employment with them seem less than forthright and are very politically-cautious. For that reason, I'm not looking forward to Jericho's next book as much as his last one, especially given his shameless toadying and WWE cheerleading on twitter and in the media over the last few years.

Is it right that Paul Heyman has a book due out soon? Although given his reputation it may be worth taking with a pinch of salt, it could be interesting given his lack of affiliation or apparent desire to get back into the wrestling business.

I'd love to see a Cornette book or three. A full-on bio would be awesome, but I'd also like him to do another scrapbook-type deal, maybe showing his actual SMW book and explaining various booking and promotional decisions.

I'd rather read a good book than sit through 8 hours of badly shot, badly sound-mixed, badly asked questions being answered in a totally scattershot way. Don't get me wrong - I like listening to Corny talk. I just think a book (with a GOOD ghost-writer) would help tell his story (as opposed to his stories) in a more effective way.

And don't tell me you don't love the SMW book idea.

Archived