new wrestling autobographies?

kamicazze

mcmahon's one would be good IF he told the truth but im pretty sure it would be a case of re writing history. Political correctness would dominate triple h and undertakers books easily.jerichos one's are good as he worked for the 3 major promotions of tehe time and plenty of experience across the world too

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Edge wrote his far too early

I'd love if Edge did a book based solely on the past year, giving his account of his underwhelming comeback and ups and downs. Kind of like Mick Foley's recent books, but without the name-dropping and SBA-esque diva-crushes.

I'm sure we will see another Edge book at some point.

I'd love to read a McMahon, JR and Undertaker one. Especially an Undertaker one as he has so many stories to tell and it would be a great insight into his perception of his character.

Shane McMahon - he's grown up as Vince McMahon's son and apparently had his role as heir to the McMahon throne pinched from under him by his sister and her husband. There must be a good story in that, as well as some amazing revelations about our Vincent.

The Ultimate Jim "Warrior Warrior" Hellwig - written in character (or as himself, depending on whether you think he puts it on or genuinely is a gibbering loony.) Preferably with little or no editorial input from the publisher. Just give him a couple of thousand blank pages and let the party commence.

Randy Savage - again because he's fucking mental, and hopefully might finally confirm whether he slung one up Steph.

Kevin Nash. Possibly written as one long lie/fantasy in the style of the tall tales he used to tell Alex Shelly. He's also genuinely interesting and intelligent, and would probably give pretty warts-and-all acounts of the Clique era, the formation of the nWo, death of WCW etc. etc. In fact I think this is top of my wish list.

Teddy Long could have a good one considering the variety of roles he's had.

Has Harley Race got one?

yeh race has got one, its quite good, got a good couple of stories in it, one about how mcmahon tried to rugby tackle him after he refused to sign with the wwf and also a good one about where one of his students got smart with him by trying to take liberties with him whilst training him - in front of the class as i think harley may have been injured or just to old. Harley put him in his place.

A JR one would be a good read as long as he was given free reign to talk about whatever he wanted, even if its negative towards WWE.

X-Pac could be funny to say the least.

I'd love on from Kenta Kobashi, he's been around the wrestling scene for so long and been involved in some major matches and promotions.

• Paid Members

Stan Hansen has done one but it was only released in Japan, so I'm assuming that it's kayfabed.

I know that he is currently in the process of re-writing it for an English release so it will be interesting if it's kayfabed or not.

I'd love to read a Paul Heyman one; as much bullshit that it would contain, it'd still be an entertaining tale. I'd probably prefer it to focus more on post-2001 events as I don't think there's much more that can possibly be told about the original ECW.

i can think of a few, such as Vampiro, even tho not the best wrestler i always really liked him, he was diffrent, and as most of you probably know he didn't exactly enjoy a nice life so far, lots of crazy sh!t to be found in there,his shoot intervieuw and docu movie both gave more than enough crazy stories and i'm positive we don't even know the half of it yet, in a dedicated book he could get in greater detail and reveal stuff about working in mexico and wcw we've never heard before..

Also, juventud guerrera,the juice !....not exactly the most high profile name as of late but he was a big part of the cruiserweight revolution in america and, at one point, a legend in mexico but like so many others he has a lot of personal demons in his life and didn't keep his nose clean....if he can manage to be honest about everything he could write a hell of a book i'd say,filled with mexico,wcw and also ecw stories,working with rey and the friendship and all that,i'd buy it...

a better book on Sting would be great, i liked moment of truth but it was too short and never went into much detail,i mean c'mon he was the face of wcw and all he had to say was written in that flimsy book ?? no way.....specially with his time in tna, he has more than enough subjects to focus on.

Scott steiner also,and Goldberg imo deserves a good book really detailing his life from start to recent times,he may not be the world traveling journeyman that has crazy japan stories but still, being a big face in wcw he could surely fill a book,specially if he fills it out with personal stories about his private life, marriage, some workout advice....

and as mentioned abvioulsy vince himself and undertaker but when they start talking i want an honest, no holds barred book, no sugar coating or wwe favoring, just an honest tale of a unique man ( both of them)

Also, what about booker T ?? he's been around everywhere for many years, did tag teams and singles, lot of diffrent personas,and from what i've heard through the years quite a troubled youth so i'm sure he has stories to tell..

• Paid Members

Always strikes me as strange that Arn wrote a book (presumably about the "reality" of his career) when every WWE DVD he seems to protect kayfabe to the nth degree, always speaking in character and as though it was all real.

maybe a CM punk one

I would love to read Punk's story in a "Lion's Tale" style book given that he worked pretty much everywhere one can before ending up in the E. Would love to hear about the various countries he's wrestled in, how he felt before / during / after doing 90 minutes with Chris Hero, the Raven feud, the bust up with Teddy Hart that cost him work in TNA, friendship with Cabana (and ribs therein), his matches with Joe, experiences in Japan etc etc etc

Randy Savage - again because he's fucking mental, and hopefully might finally confirm whether he slung one up Steph.

I'm fairly sure I've heard him claim he has on YouTube.

• Paid Members
Always strikes me as strange that Arn wrote a book (presumably about the "reality" of his career) when every WWE DVD he seems to protect kayfabe to the nth degree, always speaking in character and as though it was all real.

maybe a CM punk one

I would love to read Punk's story in a "Lion's Tale" style book given that he worked pretty much everywhere one can before ending up in the E. Would love to hear about the various countries he's wrestled in, how he felt before / during / after doing 90 minutes with Chris Hero, the Raven feud, the bust up with Teddy Hart that cost him work in TNA, friendship with Cabana (and ribs therein), his matches with Joe, experiences in Japan etc etc etc

I'm fairly sure I've heard him claim he has on YouTube.

His book is kayfabed as well, it's quite creative the bullshit he comes up with to explain some of the situations he gets into.

I'd love to read something by Ricky Steamboat. It would be fantastic to get a deep, detailed insight into his career.

Windham, Vader, Tully.

The book of all books though, would have to be from Barry Horowitz.

Archived