Could WWE Had Stolen Samoa Joe From TNA?

WWEFan1980

World Wrestling Entertainment officials reportedly did not reach out to Samoa Joe during a few day period last month he was a free agent. There were people in the organization pushing Joe to be signed, but results were not had before he reached a new agreement with TNA Wrestling.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He adds nothing to TNA, so I doubt WWE would have any use for him. He hasn't been worth anyone's time since he stopped feuding with Angle, got really fat and lazy and stopped getting pushed.

I agree with both of you.

I hate TNA as for Joe he has gone gone as far as he can go with his wrestling skills, so what can WWE do?

My answer they can give him a samoan character, a gimmick and thats it and he'd end up as a mid-carder or a main event here and there BUT as a champion, the ic title is for him n no more.

A Tag team? ...

Questionable.

He adds nothing to TNA, so I doubt WWE would have any use for him. He hasn't been worth anyone's time since he stopped feuding with Angle, got really fat and lazy and stopped getting pushed.

He actually got injured, and put on a little weight.

And can you blame him for laziness, with those clowns in charge of TNA?

Joe hasn't been pushed properly for over 2 and a half years, not since April 2008 and his cage match with Angle.

The goofy facepaint tattoo.... the mystery kidnapping and release, never explained.... Joe has been the most misused piece of talent in the business during this time.

Ofcourse he could have been a great asset for WWE.Samoa Joe could get over just based on his skills and moves. All he needs is a push, a gimmick and motivation.

He could be a huge role model for the obese children and population in the States if marketed right.

For example: Nobody cared about `Jamal`, but everyone remembers Umaga.

• Paid Members

Joe hasn't been pushed properly for over 2 and a half years, not since April 2008 and his cage match with Angle.

The goofy facepaint tattoo.... the mystery kidnapping and release, never explained.... Joe has been the most misused piece of talent in the business during this time.

He put it on, but never bothered to take it back off. There's your answer to why TNA never pushed him properly. Why would they?.

The kidnapping thing was obviously TNA's fault for never explaining it, but Joe has had plenty of chances. There have been much much worse gimmicks that the wrestlers have managed to get over.

He put it on, but never bothered to take it back off. There's your answer to why TNA never pushed him properly. Why would they?.

The kidnapping thing was obviously TNA's fault for never explaining it, but Joe has had plenty of chances. There have been much much worse gimmicks that the wrestlers have managed to get over.

They stopped pushing him long before he put on a little extra weight.

Joe vs Angle at Lockdown 2008 remains TNA's highest drawing ppv ever, with the MMA-style build and worked-MMA-style match. 55,000 buys.

Some 2010 TNA ppvs in May and June supposedly did as low as 8,000 buys, so that's far more of an indictment of TNA's rampant misuse of talent such as Joe, than the idea that Joe himself isn't capable of drawing through his own laziness or the way he looks.

• Paid Members

Joe vs Angle at Lockdown 2008 remains TNA's highest drawing ppv ever, with the MMA-style build and worked-MMA-style match. 55,000 buys.

Some 2010 TNA ppvs in May and June supposedly did as low as 8,000 buys, so that's far more of an indictment of TNA's rampant misuse of talent such as Joe, than the idea that Joe himself isn't capable of drawing.

They didn't though did they?. They had Tazz come in and manage him in 2009, and he was going over Sting clean. He won the X-Division Title and successfully defended it, and was main eventing against the MEM. It wasn't until the kidnapping thing that they stopped pushing him, and even then it was meant to be a push. That was in 2010 too.

He put the weight on when he came back from the kidnapping thing and that's when he stopped getting pushed.

• Paid Members

Some 2010 TNA ppvs in May and June supposedly did as low as 8,000 buys, so that's far more of an indictment of TNA's rampant misuse of talent such as Joe, than the idea that Joe himself isn't capable of drawing.

They didn't though did they?. They had Tazz come in and manage him in 2009, and he was going over Sting clean. He won the X-Division Title and successfully defended it, and was main eventing against the MEM. It wasn't until the kidnapping thing that they stopped pushing him, and even then it was meant to be a push. That was in 2010 too.

He put the weight on when he came back from the kidnapping thing and that's when he stopped getting pushed.

He was getting pushed again by fueding with the MEM, but the the "Russo swerve" happened and he along with taz joined the MEM. He Won the X title as part of the MEM, although lot it to amazing red.

So that gives you an idea about that.

• Paid Members

If this was the case I'm sure WWE couldn't signed Joe had they wanted to. The problem is, with all the will in the world Joe wouldn't have been able to get over with the 'WWE Universe' as they wouldn't have allowed him to work the style that he built his reputation on & that separated him from every other wrestler working the indies. For me, Joe & Low-Ki were two of the guys who really stood out as having something different. I rarely watch wrestling these days but after going to the recent Smackdown taping at Manchester, you could've put most of those mid-carders under a hood & you'd be hard pressed to differentiate between wrestlers. WWE want cookie cutter 'superstars' the road agents can easily plan matches & spots for, not individuals who are going to buck the trend. Look what happened to Low-Ki, he seemed to get himself over & got fired.

Archived